• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
southcarolinawingsfan

Punishment for throwing octupus on the road

Rate this topic

I'm going to attend the Wings Predators game in Nashville in March. Throwing an octupus on the ice at a Wings game is on my bucket list. I'm reading about fans at Joe Louis getting arrested and fined $500 and so forth, so what would they do to me in Nashville? If fans are getting treated that bad in Detroit, God only knows what they'll do to someone on the road.

Well you get put into the NHL offender database, which means you won't be able to watch hockey unless supervised by a league rep, and if you move you have to go door to door in a 5 mile radius of your new address to alert your neighbors that you're an offender.

i used the "grenade" style while in phoenix when bertuzzi scored the shootout winner.

everyones hands went in the air, i threw it up from behind me and continued the upward motion with "high fives" to everyone around me.

the problem that occured was the buddy next to me went closer to get pictures and the security swarmed him and held all of us for "questioning"

during this time they never once looked my way with any questions.

one security guard had a serious bug up his ass, assumed that since my friend was so interested in getting a photo,(which he didnt get to) that he must be guilty.

my friend, of course egged the guard on with, so columbo, you saw me,huh?, and where did i keep the creature on my person? would my hands have some strange smell to them? you do realize that the guilty one is getting away, dont you? etc....then mid questioning, they changed it to, dead animal. so the cops would be more inclined to stick around.

4 security guards, 3 cops, and 20 minutes of video review couldn't figure out who threw it.

the police apologized, and then chewed out the security guard for wasting his time with this dribble.

so, there you have my adventure....be a ninja, or dont do it at all.

big brother is watching.

i dont think its necessary to save the octopi for playoffs, but at least the 2nd half of the season, which it is. So do it, but pick a good spot, after a goal, preferably in the 3rd when we seal the victory. Make sure you boil for everyones sake, including yourself. Ive found that boiling it for a while shrinks it significantly into softball size and its not slimey so it will keep your hands and ice clean.

Just be smart.

While I agree it is better suited for playoffs, some people don't have the opportunity to go to the playoffs. Especially when it's people that normally attend road games, like myself. There is no guarantee the Wings will play the Preds in the playoffs. There is a guarantee they will play them there in March. I wanted to throw one in Dallas last month, but decided against it. I figured I'll do it at the Joe in the Finals this year. :thumbup: