• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#41 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 05:09 PM

no one likes vancouver because they riot when they lose and then try to draw attention.

Can't really forgive them for the Ryan Reynolds thing either.
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#42 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 05:13 PM

So, cprice, you hate Pasha because you lost him in scouting???? The only scout that ended up seeing him was ours, and he had gone there originally to look at Dmitri Kalinin. He found himself watching Pasha and was interested. The next time he went back there was some kind of mixup in flights or something so no one else ever scouted him. And that's one of the reasons why you hate him??? Cause you didn't get him?

Oy vey.
Posted Image

#43 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,920 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 05:27 PM

I'm a Blues fan. I was born with an inner hatred for the Hawks. The players have nothing to do with it as far as the Hawks go. I'll hate that team no matter who is on it. But douchebag Kane makes it easy to hate them right now.

Oh, and add Franzen to my hated list...why not? After the smartass comments he made to the press after the last time they played the Blues? Yeah...add him to the list.

Datsyuk, I don't like him because he's good and he's burned us more times than I care to think about. It's as simple as that. Plus there was the whole scouting incident mishap with the Blues scout when he was still in Russia. That's just a punch in the face to Blues fans.

Howard, I don't like him because he wrongly attacked Perron earlier this year, and took a swing at half a dozen Blues players in another game. Plus, he's a chippy guy. He'll throw punches and get in guy's faces with little provocation. Which I am sure you guys love, but when he does it to a Blues player, yeah, it's easy to dislike him. Especially when he makes comments after the game trying to justify attacking a guy, when the guy was shoved into him in the first place. Just a stupid thing to say.

Hasek and Draper...do I really need to explain? Should be obvious.
Hasek...Besides the fact that he flopped and dove worse than any goalie...ever, he was very close to coming to St. Louis before going to Detroit. He was going to come here, or so it was said, but he wanted to know who the Blues were going to keep and who they were going to trade before the season started. He made a big stink about it and of course the Blues aren't going to share that info with anyone, especially a player who is still a free agent. So he refused to sign here and went to Detroit instead. At least that is the story. And then, he goes on to be a thorn in our sides in numerous matchups with Detroit.
Just a bitter situation all around.

Draper. He was annoying...an instigator. He liked to stir things up and then would skate away or hide behind McCarty...he rarely fought or backed up his actions. I didn't like him at all. It's one of those things where if he's on your team, you love him...but if he's on the other team, you hate him.

Wait so Hasek was going to the Blues as a UFA even though he was traded to Detroit BEFORE he was a UFA? Great story.

I agree you can hate who you want....I hate a couple of our own players, but the topic was Players don't hate Detroit. And my point with Chelios was he said what he knew the media and fans wanted to hear, but in the end, given his choice of 6 teams to be traded to, he chose Detroit. Point was, you said your heard many players say they hate Detroit, but this is yet another example of a player be PC for the fans in St. Louis. Don't confuse heart and pride and wanting to beat the best team in the league and being tired of losing to them as hatred. I don't hate any of the Blues and would love Perron or Backes on our team...but also love beating them. Doesn't mean I hate.

Bring Fedorov Home For A Day!

He Needs To Retire A Red Wing.

When Gordie Leaves Us, the NHL MUST Retire The #9.

#44 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 06:19 PM

Except for Hossa, right? He had to go elsewhere to win a cup.

Lest we forget, one of the big factors in Detroit not winning the cup that year was Hossa's horrible drop off in performance in the playoffs vs the regular season.

#45 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,942 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 06:47 PM

So, cprice, you hate Pasha because you lost him in scouting???? The only scout that ended up seeing him was ours, and he had gone there originally to look at Dmitri Kalinin. He found himself watching Pasha and was interested. The next time he went back there was some kind of mixup in flights or something so no one else ever scouted him. And that's one of the reasons why you hate him??? Cause you didn't get him?

Oy vey.

I'm sure many equipment managers hate Pasha. Crawling in the rafters after a game in search of jock straps is tedious work.

#46 Autika

Autika

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 08:21 PM

... so anyway, I found the article quite entertaining. I thought it sounded a lot like that story where Mickey York was trying to find some dirt on Lidstrom.

#47 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,920 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 10:28 PM

Except for Hossa, right? He had to go elsewhere to win a cup

....as did Hull since he knew the Blues would never win one....must chap your ass that he won in Detroit...

#48 cprice12

cprice12

Resident St. Louis Blues Supporter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 12:10 AM

Wait so Hasek was going to the Blues as a UFA even though he was traded to Detroit BEFORE he was a UFA? Great story.

I didn't say he was coming to STL as a UFA. Again, it would help if you quit adding other things on to what I say.
In case you forgot, Hasek had a say in where he could be traded to...and that is where the conversation between him and Blues management came in over who they were acquiring/trading in the offseason. A trade to STL was a possibility and was rumored to be close to happening, until he wanted to know what moves were in the works here.

I agree you can hate who you want....I hate a couple of our own players, but the topic was Players don't hate Detroit. And my point with Chelios was he said what he knew the media and fans wanted to hear, but in the end, given his choice of 6 teams to be traded to, he chose Detroit. Point was, you said your heard many players say they hate Detroit, but this is yet another example of a player be PC for the fans in St. Louis. Don't confuse heart and pride and wanting to beat the best team in the league and being tired of losing to them as hatred. I don't hate any of the Blues and would love Perron or Backes on our team...but also love beating them. Doesn't mean I hate.

What you say COULD be true. It could also NOT be true.
You have no idea how genuine the comments are.
I am just going by what they actually said. You, on the other hand, are going by the opposite of what they said based on something Chelios did.
Seems like you are reaching.

And what leads me to believe some/most/all of the comments are rather accurate, was my conversation with Chris Kerber. He is around the players every day. He talks to them pretty much every day. I'm sure he has a better feel for what teams the players hate than you do.

Attitudes can change...especially if a team expresses a desire to acquire you that you previously hated...and it helps if they are offering you more money as well. But don't kid yourself. There are players that hate the Wings right now...as I am sure there are players who hate the Blues as well. It's just part of competitive sports at the highest level.

#49 cprice12

cprice12

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 12:17 AM

Oy vey.

1) Not really. That just adds insult to injury that it was possible the Blues may have drafted him if the scouting mishap hadn't happened.

2) Why do you care? Why does anyone care? Some of you guys act shocked and appalled that anyone could hate a Red Wings player. You guys are in for a wake up call...a LOT of fans...I mean a LOT, hate Wings players. It kind of comes with the territory of being good. People get sick of the Wings being there every year. It's just the way it is. This should not be news.

#50 cprice12

cprice12

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 12:28 AM

....as did Hull since he knew the Blues would never win one....must chap your ass that he won in Detroit...

Since the Blues have never won a cup, you could pick any truckload of players who played here and moved on elsewhere and eventually won a cup somewhere else.
Hull is just the biggest name. And your comment, "he knew the Blues would never win one" simply isn't accurate at all. Hull has said many times about how he felt the Blues should have won a cup or two during his time here, they had the talent to win one and had some great teams...but the puck just didn't fall their way in the playoffs.

I wasn't overly upset that Hull won one in Detroit...probably because he had already won one in Dallas. I was simply more annoyed that Detroit had won.

I'm a Blues fan first. Players come and go.

#51 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,920 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 11:36 AM

Since the Blues have never won a cup, you could pick any truckload of players who played here and moved on elsewhere and eventually won a cup somewhere else.
Hull is just the biggest name. And your comment, "he knew the Blues would never win one" simply isn't accurate at all. Hull has said many times about how he felt the Blues should have won a cup or two during his time here, they had the talent to win one and had some great teams...but the puck just didn't fall their way in the playoffs.

I wasn't overly upset that Hull won one in Detroit...probably because he had already won one in Dallas. I was simply more annoyed that Detroit had won.

I'm a Blues fan first. Players come and go.

And Detroit should have at least 3 more Cups (maybe 4) if you go by a statement like "We feel we should have won, we had the talent and some great teams." 1995, 1996 & 2009 are the years where the Red Wings SHOULD have also won a Cup and 2007 they were the better team of the final 4 teams left. Problem with the Hull years and their great teams, did they ever get to a SCF? or a WCF? I think not...doesn't meant the teams weren't good, but Hull wouldn't have left if he felt that the Blues management were making the right moves to bring them a Cup. So in essence, he felt that he would never win a Cup in St. Louis.

And you are the one who said "Except Hossa" when I said this is where players come to win. So I said the same thing about Hull that he had to leave St. Louis to win. Obviously Detroit doesn't always win the Cup, but when given a list of 5 teams to a player where he would play and have his best chance to win a Cup, guarantee Detroit is 100% always on that list. St. Louis might get 2 votes. That was my point saying this is where players win Cups. Most other teams players go for a paycheck. Wisniewksi being a glaring example of that....

BTW, the only reason Hossa isn't here is Hudler handcuffed Holland. Holland chose to sign Franzen (mistake in my mind) and Hossa signed in Chicago. (for what he wanted here, but Holland couldn't make that commitment with Hudler opting out of his Russian contract to come back to the tune of $2.8M. One of the reason's I can't stand Hudler.) I still wish Holland wold have traded Hudler's rights at 2009's draft to move up a bit. But oh well.

BTW how much more would you hate the Wings if they had won 8 Cups between 1995 and 2008?