• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

2/2 GDT : Red Wings 4 at Canucks 3 (SO)

Rate this topic

While they were cleaning the ice before the shoot out, reminded me that I heard on the car radio today that a Zamboni driver got a DUI ....driving drunk on the ice, ran into the side boards. Google it, think it was in Minnesota ... HA! Couldn't believe it.

Great game of hockey between 2 extremely talented teams. The Wings were the better team for much of the night but the Nucks held on to muster a point. Clearly the Wings were the better team, BUT I found the officiating missed at least 3 clear penalties that the Wings should have had so I understand Nucks fans' frustration because I hate when that happens to the Wings.

To add, Zetterberg had a great game.. he was flying out there tonight. If he keeps that up he will be back to producing like he should. I thought Pavel had a quiet night, he looked kind of tired for some reason, but was still good defensively as usual.

But the most obvious thing is that Babs has to fix the powerplay because it will cost us down the line if it remains this pathetic. OVerall, great win for the Wings.

Guest irishock

^ this.

You should only ever be pissed at giving up a free point at home in the last 5 minutes of regulation. Any win on the road is a great win.

Hudler and Cleary showed up big tonight.

Edited by irishock

Say what you want about Cleary, but he really shows up on the road. Hudler continues to play solid hockey. Good to see us start out 2-0 on the road following the All Star break. Miller is really developing into a solid 4th liner. Made up for his mistake. Bertuzzi and Abdelkader are most productive when they play the way they did tonight. No floating, they always made something happen out there every shift. Good to see Abby ditch the visor in his fight, Yapierre is one of the NHL's premier punching bags. Ballard typically picks on guys he knows won't fight back, and when faced with someone his own size, he hides behind his visor and eats a few from Bert before falling. Also, Canucks fans are so damn annoying. Every time a Canuck fell, they cried for a penalty. Seems they fail to realize this is hockey, not soccer. Bunch of whine asses just like the team they root for.

Happy Birthday to Bert. Good road game. That, my friends, was Red Wings hockey.

one lesson from this game: Cleary + Miller + Helm look more and more like the dream checking line, one like Mac + Maltby + Drapes. Line that come playoff time is invaluable for your team. and with Flip emerging as regular point producer... you can only wish Kenny to land a cup-hungry veteran and this team looks great for a deep playoff run...

me and my sister were right behind the Detroit bench! what a game it was to be at, that was Detroit Hockey in the 1st n 2nd! me and my sister were kind of scared there for a bit when jimmy was squinting his eyes as he came to the bench during a commercial break, but as soon as he took his blocker off i was happy to see it was only a cut phew! but yea that play that almost lead to the bertuzzi goal in the 1st was just unreal wow! and i agree with one of the guys on here everytime a canuck went down the crowd starting boo'ing like crazy .. but thats canuck fans for ya ... douchebags at best