• Please log in to reply
316 replies to this topic

#281 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 12:55 AM

Great win tonight on the road. Go Wings Go!!

#282 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

On 19 shootout attempts, Jimmy has surrendered a whopping... two... goals. Nothing much else to say, the man has had an impressive season.
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#283 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Minus about half a 3rd, that was a great road game. Well deserved win.

In all honesty, a win on the road is all any team can ask for. You want to win 75% of your home games and anything over 50% on the road gets you into the playoffs.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#284 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 12:58 AM

^ this.

You should only ever be pissed at giving up a free point at home in the last 5 minutes of regulation. Any win on the road is a great win.

Hudler and Cleary showed up big tonight.

Edited by irishock, 03 February 2012 - 01:01 AM.

bringit.jpg

#285 Esquire

Esquire

Fix up, Look sharp.

• HoF Booster
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 01:02 AM

I said a good first period was needed with 1-2 goals to win. Here we are. Just saying.

GO WINGS GO!!!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#286 8 Legged RedWing

8 Legged RedWing

Arms... Legs... Whatever.

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 01:03 AM

I really wanted to see Bert score but he played pretty well and had a good fight so that was alright. Got the W and that's what really matters.

#287 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,168 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 01:16 AM

Pretty stoked about the win, shouldn't have gone into OT but we still got 2 pts. Great night!

#288 arag

arag

1st Line Sniper

• HoF Booster
  • 821 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 01:49 AM

Nice finish !
Go Wings !

#289 TRD604

TRD604

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 02:04 AM

pic from the end.
Posted Image

#290 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,168 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 02:14 AM

Great night, put some separation in the overall conference and in the Central division.

#291 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 02:56 AM

Say what you want about Cleary, but he really shows up on the road. Hudler continues to play solid hockey. Good to see us start out 2-0 on the road following the All Star break. Miller is really developing into a solid 4th liner. Made up for his mistake. Bertuzzi and Abdelkader are most productive when they play the way they did tonight. No floating, they always made something happen out there every shift. Good to see Abby ditch the visor in his fight, Yapierre is one of the NHL's premier punching bags. Ballard typically picks on guys he knows won't fight back, and when faced with someone his own size, he hides behind his visor and eats a few from Bert before falling. Also, Canucks fans are so damn annoying. Every time a Canuck fell, they cried for a penalty. Seems they fail to realize this is hockey, not soccer. Bunch of whine asses just like the team they root for.

Happy Birthday to Bert. Good road game. That, my friends, was Red Wings hockey.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#292 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 03:01 AM

Same old same old Wings! Can't keep 1 goal leads in the 3rd period as its the San Jose series all over again. An illustration of what will happen if they meet the Canucks in the playoffs! Pure Choke job by the Wings!

Choke job? Scoreboard.

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#293 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 03:04 AM

Same old same old Wings! Can't keep 1 goal leads in the 3rd period as its the San Jose series all over again. An illustration of what will happen if they meet the Canucks in the playoffs! Pure Choke job by the Wings!

Go away.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#294 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 03:28 AM

Damn Canucks fans. Go back to Vancou...wait, well, go rebuild Vancouver.

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#295 brennan17

brennan17

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 03:44 AM

Great win guys. Should of had them in regulation but oh well. Mr hudler is sure impressing me this year.

#296 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 03:47 AM

Damn Canucks fans. Go back to Vancou...wait, well, go rebuild Vancouver.

Ohhhhh come on, stop being such a riot. No need to tear him down. You're destroying the confidence he built. No need to to release the hate you've been brewin'.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank

#297 hankzet40

hankzet40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 03:51 AM

Says a lot about this team when I'm not worried if it goes to the skillz comp.

#298 akustyk

akustyk

how painful is painful?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,170 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 05:33 AM

one lesson from this game: Cleary + Miller + Helm look more and more like the dream checking line, one like Mac + Maltby + Drapes. Line that come playoff time is invaluable for your team. and with Flip emerging as regular point producer... you can only wish Kenny to land a cup-hungry veteran and this team looks great for a deep playoff run...

#299 diehardredwing19

diehardredwing19

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 05:36 AM

me and my sister were right behind the Detroit bench! what a game it was to be at, that was Detroit Hockey in the 1st n 2nd! me and my sister were kind of scared there for a bit when jimmy was squinting his eyes as he came to the bench during a commercial break, but as soon as he took his blocker off i was happy to see it was only a cut phew! but yea that play that almost lead to the bertuzzi goal in the 1st was just unreal wow! and i agree with one of the guys on here everytime a canuck went down the crowd starting boo'ing like crazy .. but thats canuck fans for ya ... douchebags at best

#300 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 07:57 AM

Going to watch the game later...but 43-25 at Rodgers Arena,did we dress the Russian 5 or...? :ph34r: