316 replies to this topic

#301 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 08:04 AM

Posted Image

The Hudler rebound season just in full effect. Great game to watch, had to be up at 6am but just couldn't sleep on a game like that, had it all. Next up, the Oil on Saturday night. Get the lead, keep the lead, and don't look back in the West! Posted Image
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#302 Red Crazy

Red Crazy

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 09:19 AM

Power play needs to get going. This game should have been out of reach at the start of the third. Good win all the same though.

This just in. Vancouver "Fans" riot in the streets after s.o loss and cause 2 billion in damage.

#303 McAwesome

McAwesome

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 09:43 AM

Is it just me, or did Kindl and Ericsson both play a lot more physical last night? I don't know how they could have been credited with just 1 hit between the two (other than a biased Vancouver stats crew), they both finished a lot of checks, separating guys from the pucks, winning battles in the corners, etc. Now, if only one of them could hit the net... :rolleyes:

7yss.jpg

Thanks MabusIncarnate

#304 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:20 AM

That was a great road win, the first period it was all Wings. The game could of been over after the first period, tons of chances. Was it just me, or did Cleary look really good last night coming back hard on the back check! Overall great win I love when the Wings beat Vancouver over any other team
IPB Image

#305 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 11:55 AM

I'm just glad Vancouver didn't play their star goaltender last night.

Posted Image
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#306 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 12:10 PM

I'm just glad Vancouver didn't play their star goaltender last night.

Hey... Bobby Loo let in three goals. At least he didn't let in four.

#307 Superman54

Superman54

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,760 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 12:13 PM

That was a great road win, the first period it was all Wings. The game could of been over after the first period, tons of chances. Was it just me, or did Cleary look really good last night coming back hard on the back check! Overall great win I love when the Wings beat Vancouver over any other team

I thought Ericcson was dominating with his size last night, its games like these where I can except the salary he makes. If it was every night like yesterday that we see outta Ericcson, our defence would have a lot more upside. Players like him seem to come out more during playoffs, but he'd be that much better come then if he did this every night in the regular season.

edit: meant to quote the post above yours

Edited by Superman54, 03 February 2012 - 12:14 PM.

#308 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,085 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 12:18 PM

Posted Image

The Hudler rebound season just in full effect.

I think the phrase you're looking for is contract year
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#309 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 12:24 PM

Hey... Bobby Loo let in three goals. At least he didn't let in four.

Yeah, but Hudler scored on him.
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#310 ace76

ace76

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 12:46 PM

Best game Ericsson played so far this year, no stupid mistakes. Z-man had really good speed last night, just need some luck to go his way for those finishes. All the boys put in a great effort last night against a good team that I love beating. We just need that powerplay to start firing on all cylinders and this team is really gonna be scary.

#311 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 01:48 PM

1328238201[/url]' post='2251441']
Maybe Abby can embarrass another Canuck tonight.

He sure as hell held his own, didn't he. Great game. Seemed like the 'Nucks played goonier than usual last night.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#312 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 02:41 PM

If it wasn't for Luongo this game would've been over in the first 10 minutes. Nice effort Wings... a few weak plays on the goals scored on us but besides that good effort.

#313 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 04:26 PM

I thought Ericcson was dominating with his size last night, its games like these where I can except the salary he makes. If it was every night like yesterday that we see outta Ericcson, our defence would have a lot more upside. Players like him seem to come out more during playoffs, but he'd be that much better come then if he did this every night in the regular season.

edit: meant to quote the post above yours

It's all good. Yeah I thought Big E looked really good last night too, his best game in a while
IPB Image

#314 nosyt612

nosyt612

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 05:44 PM

Had an awesome time at the game last night. Don't know if this was already mentioned but it was pretty cool
to see Gordie get a standing O from the crowd and players on both teams when they showed him on the jumbotron.
This is actually the second time I've been to a game at Rogers Arena and Howe has been there.

Edited by nosyt612, 03 February 2012 - 05:45 PM.

#315 diehardredwing19

diehardredwing19

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 06:56 PM

Had an awesome time at the game last night. Don't know if this was already mentioned but it was pretty cool
to see Gordie get a standing O from the crowd and players on both teams when they showed him on the jumbotron.
This is actually the second time I've been to a game at Rogers Arena and Howe has been there.

where abouts were you sittin lastnight? i was at game to! and yea that was a dandy of a effort by the boys, and the Gordie Howe standing ovation was mad shivers

#316 Tim.D

Tim.D

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 07:33 PM

Any specific clips people want from the game last night? I didn't get to watch it so I don't know if anything really special happened.

#317 nosyt612

nosyt612

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 09:27 PM

where abouts were you sittin lastnight? i was at game to! and yea that was a dandy of a effort by the boys, and the Gordie Howe standing ovation was mad shivers

My Dad splits season tickets with some of his friends. They're in section 111 row 24, behind where the Canucks shoot twice.