• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
hak

Henrik Lundqvist

Rate this topic

I love Howard and what he has done this season but... I think this is the year Lundqvist finally wins the vezina and rightfully so. After watching the Buffalo - Rangers game tonight I'm still in ave of his performance. His second shutout in two games and his sixth shutout this season.

Lundqvist currently rank:

#2 in GAA 1.82 (Elliot #1)

#1 in SV% .939

#1 (tied with Quick) in shutouts with 6.

He is having an amazing season, his best of his career i think. I love to watch him play and I would like to see him win this season.

From tonights game;

Who do you think will win vezina trophy this year?

Would you like to see Lundqvist win it?

Is it possible for Howard to take home the trophy?

Vezina candidates: Lundqvist, Howard, Quick, Rinne (Thomas?) (Eliott?)

I know the season is not over yet but lets hear your thoughts!

Edited by hak

I think Lundqvist absolutely deserves to finally win the Vezina.

You look at how good he's been ever since entering the league (this will be his 7th straight season with 30+ wins), how important he is to the low-scoring Rangers, and the fact that he's been nominated a few times before without winning and it's gonna be really difficult to pass him by this year when he's putting up the kind of numbers he is.

Imo the front-runners this year is Lundqvist and Quick.

Behind them there is a group of guys that could get the 3rd nomination:

Jimmy Howard (plays a ton of games, most wins, very good numbers)

Tim Thomas (great numbers, but doesn't play quite as many games as the other guys, and his backup Tuukka Rask has even better numbers)

Pekka Rinne (very important to Nashville, I don't think he quite has the numbers this year to get him a nomination but he will get votes for sure)

Brian Eliott (not enough games played imo)

Obviously I hope Jimmy gets a nomination, but I really think it's between Lundy and Quick, and hopefully King Henrik can finally take home a well-earned Vezina.

I think King Henrik definitely deserves to win it. He is clearly the best goalie in the league, night in and night out. While Howard has had a great season, he also has a much better team playing in front of him. I remember watching an interview from Lunquist where he talked about how sometimes he feels, going into games, that he cannot even let a goal in, otherwise they will lose. The Rangers happen to be my 2nd favorite team behind the Wings, and let me tell you when I watch Rangers games, there are many games like last night where King Henrik truly cannot let a goal in, or especially more than 1 goal. IMO he is the most dominant goalie in the nhl this season.

didn't he win already? He deserved Vesina last two seasons, undoubtly. This season as well. Howard is just a bit worse :) If worse can of course be applied to one of the best keepers in the league

didn't he win already? He deserved Vesina last two seasons, undoubtly. This season as well. Howard is just a bit worse :) If worse can of course be applied to one of the best keepers in the league

He hasn't won yet.

I agree that he is the front runner currently. I think Elliot is right up there though. I know he's behind quite a bit in games, but if he plays alot for the rest of the year, his number of games might not look so low compared to the rest (they will still be pretty low though I think (50ish), so that will hurt him a lot.

I agree with some others too, I think Rask's performance will really hurt Thomas's chances. Normally, backups with great stats is a non-issue, but normally, backups don't play as much as Rask.

I could see Henrik winning it. I honestly haven't seen him play much this season but his numbers are good, he's been good for several years and a lot of people are mentioning his name for Vezina.

Quick deserves to be in the running too. For the Vezina and probably the Hart. He gets no goal support from the Kings. They're dead last in the league in Goals For. If the Kings make the playoffs this year, it will be on the back of Jonathan Quick.

He hasn't won yet.

I agree that he is the front runner currently. I think Elliot is right up there though. I know he's behind quite a bit in games, but if he plays alot for the rest of the year, his number of games might not look so low compared to the rest (they will still be pretty low though I think (50ish), so that will hurt him a lot.

I agree with some others too, I think Rask's performance will really hurt Thomas's chances. Normally, backups with great stats is a non-issue, but normally, backups don't play as much as Rask.

Agree to some extent. There is Lundquist and there are othre goalkeepers. Just like there is Datsyuk and there are other guys who think the game well. If you bring Elliott I'll bring Howard. Both are way better then the rest and Lundquist tops them all.

Henrik should win it, he is definitely one of the best in the league and finally has a worthy team in front of him and a solid backup.

I hope Howard gets a nomination, that alone would be a major accomplishment for someone who only been in the league for a couple of years, and has shown improvement in various areas every season he has played.

Edit: I know playoffs have nothing to do with the Vezina, but I am very curious to see how Henrik performs in the post-season with this team.

Edited by hooon

Henrik should win it, he is definitely one of the best in the league and finally has a worthy team in front of him and a solid backup.

I hope Howard gets a nomination, that alone would be a major accomplishment for someone who only been in the league for a couple of years, and has shown improvement in various areas every season he has played.

Edit: I know playoffs have nothing to do with the Vezina, but I am very curious to see how Henrik performs in the post-season with this team.

I think the Rangers could be very, very dangerous this year in the playoffs. Biron will be able to give Lundqvist some much needed rest to keep him fresh, and as mentioned the Rangers have a better team than they've had in a while.

Right now the East is between the Rangers and Bruins imo.

bump

42 saves against Boston tonight for his 7th SO of the season.

His stats after tonight's game:

.941 SV%, 1.77 GAA, 7 SO

If he keep this pace up he will beat Thomas all time single season SV% record.

Elliot still leads the GAA with 1.63 but he also has 26 GP compared to lundqvist 42.

Lundqvist have the Vezina trophy locked up at this point and should also pick up some votes for the Hart trophy.

He is dominating this year. Unreal.

Halak has been stellar these past few weeks, I think the Blues are having trouble starting Elliot right now, all-star or not.

Lundqvist is the front runner for the Vezina imo, and unless he collapses before the end of the season which I really doubt, he's the guy to beat and he should rightfully claim the trophy.

Guest Crymson

There's no such thing as a nomination. The "nominees" are simply the three candidates with the most votes.

My favorite goalies are Lundqvist followed by Howard.....so i'm all for Lundqvist taking home the Vezina. he deserves it big time. without his ridiculous goaltending the Rangers are not 1st/2nd overall in the league rotating with the Wings. He's the best goalie in the game right now hands down. I mean, unless anyone wants to throw Luongo's name in the mix :lol: