• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
toby91_ca

NHL Investigation

Rate this topic

When I had my old computer, I would freeze and then catch up with the game. Sometimes it would be several minutes at a time.

Now I only notice it in increments of seconds due to a better computer.

I never thought that it was an actual problem at the arena. I figured it was the computer or tv that was doing the odd clock things.

Isn't this a network issue rather than a league/Kings issue? All this is based on the graphics that the network provided.

I thought about that too, but TSN showed the last several seconds of the overhead "review" camera with the "official" clock superimposed down in the corner and it showed the "pause" too.

I saw the video on Yahoo ... that's some suspicious sh*t .. how can the clock freeze at 1.8s ????? Corrupt time keeper?

I have noticed this before in many arenas... I always thought it was Fox Sports not having their clock properly aligned or something like that...

This raises questions, but it prob is just some stupid adjustment.

Or, it might not even be a "malfunction" or human malfeasance:

I've noticed this phenomenon before. There are times when the clock on FSN will appear to briefly hang. However, I've only noticed this happen with more than 1:00 left, so it just appears that it takes a long time before the next second clicks off. I've just assumed that this was due to a "hiccup" between the arena's timing system and the networks. If what the LA GM says it true, then the timing mechanism picked a really bad time for Columbus to "re-sync".

I notice this all the time

Also from the article:

The officials in charge of the game clock at Staples Center that night worked for the NHL and not the Kings.

How do you screw up letting the clock run, lean on the button accidentally?

Guy must have had money on the Kings or something. :P

Interesting, and the Kings won the Cup too :glare: . I've been wondering since post lockout if the league is fixed so the CBA looks good. There always seems to be some strange things going on in our playoff series (no diving penalties against The Sharks, no suspensions to Malkin and Weber, refs that can't count past 5, etc..) :g: