"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#22 Seraph

Seraph

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 08:12 PM

I think he was trying to say that the clock auto-adjusts so that the period is exactly 20 minutes. Why the clock can't be designed to not get off within a twenty minute period is beyond me though. That video sure looks sketchy though.

Formerly known as The Nephilim.

QUOTE (Amberoonie)
Babs sure hurries himself into the presser, sits down, and f*cks up a bottle of water like no one in the room has had any for days.

#23 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,550 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 09:26 PM

Strange, the Kings GM benefits from a ridiculous circumstance and attempts to justify it.

Didn't see that coming.

Or maybe he's just explaining how the clocks work?

It may look shady because the kings scored with so little time left. But that's thinking of it after the fact when we know they scored. If someone did control the clock like that they obviously couldn't know doughty would score. But they had a trick prepared to delay the clock a couple extra tenths of a second just in case?

Seems unlikely. It's possible the timekeeper intentionally delayed the clock for a few tenths of a second and doughty scored in that time. If he did, that guy should go play the lotto. He's hot some seriously good luck right now.

#24 nate94gt

nate94gt

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 10:01 PM

http://www.letsgowin...ost__p__2123894

Ive seen this happen in LA before. the clock "stopped" but then sped back up to get back to appropriate time. Its weird.

#25 Wing Across The Pond

Wing Across The Pond

Gabriel's Wings

• Silver Booster
  • 742 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 07:17 AM

Isn't this a network issue rather than a league/Kings issue? All this is based on the graphics that the network provided. Surely as long as the time runs for a complete 20 minutes, and no more, in the time keepers box then it's all fine? I mean we've seen times before where teams come out to play the 2nd or 3rd period, only to play 1 second of the previous as the timers didn't match. I think it's probably all fine, but the (possibly less accurate) TV clock, was just trying to catch up with actual game clock so that the horn would sound as it hit 0:00.

Funny though. Never seen anything like that before. I've always prefered sports with countdown clocks. Not like football (soccer) whereby the officials deem how much time has been wasted and then add it on accordingly. I've seen football matches where the officials indicate 3 or 4 minutes added at the end, then proceed to play 6 or 7 during which the 'bigger' team (usually Manchester Utd) score an equalising goal. Much conspiracy there amongst non-Utd fans hehe :P Then rugby just seems to do what it wants, in that the game ends at 80 minutes, but only when play stops - so if you need a few points to win, you've got to keep the ball in play. Quite fun, but gets crazy then they get into about the 8th extra minute.

Posted Image

Check out my blog -The Heid-Out- a cynical mans take on everyday life

#26 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,683 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 08:03 AM

When I had my old computer, I would freeze and then catch up with the game. Sometimes it would be several minutes at a time.

Now I only notice it in increments of seconds due to a better computer.

I never thought that it was an actual problem at the arena. I figured it was the computer or tv that was doing the odd clock things.

Money on the board:  Current total: 0

$1 for a goal by any current Wing after whom I have named a hamster.  An additional $5 for a series-clinching goal scored by any current Wing after whom I have named a hamster. $5 if the other team fails to score against a current Wing goalie after whom I have named a hamster.

Hamsters I have had:  (current Wings highlighted)

Henrik Pavel Tomas Nicklas Dominik

Niklas Matthew Daniel Robert

Johan Andreas Valtteri Jonathan

Andrew Patrick Ian Todd

Jordin Damien Gustav James

#27 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,409 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 08:34 AM

Posted Image

#28 Gizmo

Gizmo

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:48 AM

Isn't this a network issue rather than a league/Kings issue? All this is based on the graphics that the network provided.

I thought about that too, but TSN showed the last several seconds of the overhead "review" camera with the "official" clock superimposed down in the corner and it showed the "pause" too.
"Cry 'Havoc' and let slip Tomas Holmstrom!!!"

"In-a da crease... outta da crease... in-a da crease... outta da crease!!!"

#29 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,409 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 02:39 PM

Sportsnet.

#30 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 03:10 PM

I saw the video on Yahoo ... that's some suspicious sh*t .. how can the clock freeze at 1.8s ????? Corrupt time keeper?

I have noticed this before in many arenas... I always thought it was Fox Sports not having their clock properly aligned or something like that...

This raises questions, but it prob is just some stupid adjustment.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#31 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,409 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 02:12 PM

Los Angeles Times.

#32 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,409 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 12:47 PM

From Sportsnet:

Human error, and not a technical glitch, has been deemed the cause of a game-clock delay that allowed the Los Angeles Kings to score a bad goal in the dying seconds of their Feb. 1 home game versus theColumbus Blue Jackets.

Edited by cusimano_brothers, 28 July 2012 - 12:47 PM.

#33 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,550 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 04:44 PM

Also from the article:

The officials in charge of the game clock at Staples Center that night worked for the NHL and not the Kings.

How do you screw up letting the clock run, lean on the button accidentally?

Guy must have had money on the Kings or something. :P

#34 Dabura

Dabura

Cake Eater

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,066 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 04:48 PM

Posted Image

Don't Toews me, bro!

#35 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 10:47 PM

Or, it might not even be a "malfunction" or human malfeasance:

I've noticed this phenomenon before. There are times when the clock on FSN will appear to briefly hang. However, I've only noticed this happen with more than 1:00 left, so it just appears that it takes a long time before the next second clicks off. I've just assumed that this was due to a "hiccup" between the arena's timing system and the networks. If what the LA GM says it true, then the timing mechanism picked a really bad time for Columbus to "re-sync".

I notice this all the time

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#36 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,763 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 11:03 PM

I couldn't even tell you what the f@*k is going on here.
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#37 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,876 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 08:27 AM

Also from the article:

The officials in charge of the game clock at Staples Center that night worked for the NHL and not the Kings.

How do you screw up letting the clock run, lean on the button accidentally?

Guy must have had money on the Kings or something. :P

Interesting, and the Kings won the Cup too :glare: . I've been wondering since post lockout if the league is fixed so the CBA looks good. There always seems to be some strange things going on in our playoff series (no diving penalties against The Sharks, no suspensions to Malkin and Weber, refs that can't count past 5, etc..) :g:
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#38 Dabura

Dabura

Cake Eater

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,066 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 10:28 AM

I couldn't even tell you what the f@*k is going on here.

:lol:

Don't Toews me, bro!