• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Kingston

Rick Nash?

Rate this topic

I was on HFBoards, and someone over there posted this, I found it interesting..

On TGOR this morning on the Team 1200 in Ottawa Pierre MacGuire said he strongly believes Holland makes a run at Rick Nash with a serious offer.

What do you guys think about Nash?, and what would it take us to get him over here?

Man. This would almost be too good to be true...but MacGuire is hardly Eklund, so there must be SOMETHING to the rumor. In addition to all the obvious stuff about his scoring, size and age, doesn't the kid have like 7 more years under contract? Jeebus. I'd hate to see Flip and/or Smith go, but color my interest more than piqued.

Rick Nash is my favorite player outside of the Red Wings. He is under some serious fire in Columbus for being a bad captain. If he were to come here, id about freak out in excitement. More than when we got Hossa, more than when we got Hull... this guy is offensively focused, a game breaker, and in my opinion, a star who needs a change of scenery.

Always thought Nash underachieved based on the personnel around him. He could make a huge impact on the league in the right situation.

No way tho to move Smith. We're gonna need all the D we can find.

Rick Nash would be great, but no to Filppula or Smith going to Columbus. Filppula is too valuable to this team, and with the chance that BOTH Lidstrom and Stuart will be gone next year, this team needs Smith to come in and be that solid #4-5 defenseman.

He is signed thru 2018 for a hit of $7.8M per season. That would take us out of the Parise sweepstakes and it have to have Lidstrom retire for sure if we have any hopes of getting Suter...

I could not make the tuff call of trading Filp for Nash. Filp is finally having the breakout production year we've been waiting for, and while Nash is slumping, Filp is having the better year. And Filp does more better. I could not let him go.

I could include Hudler, Eaves, Nyquist.

Mule, Dats, Nash

Z Filp, Bert

Whatever you have to do to get that top six, wow.

I could not make the tuff call of trading Filp for Nash. Filp is finally having the breakout production year we've been waiting for, and while Nash is slumping, Filp is having the better year. And Filp does more better. I could not let him go.

I could include Hudler, Eaves, Nyquist.

Mule, Dats, Nash

Z Filp, Bert

Whatever you have to do to get that top six, wow.

Filppula couldn't hold Nash's jockstrap and would be a part of any trade to bring in a game changer.

I would give him up in a heartbeat if Columbus wanted him in a deal for Nash.

Again, if it involves trading Filppula, then I am not happy about it. I would offer them Hudler for sure and a number of prospects and picks, but not Filppula and not Smith.

IMO there are some similarities between Filppula and Slava Kozlov. Kenny used Kozlov as part of a package to bring in a world class goalie. Maybe he could do the same with Flip to bring in a world class sniper.

I know the comparison is a bit of a stretch, but it could work. Flip is having a career year and has some trade value.

2012 1st round pick

Valteri Filpulla

Jan Mursak

Brendan Smith

It might take this, but I wouldn't like to see Smith and Flip gone. The best I can come up with is;

Mule

Eaves

Tatar

Kindl

1st

For Nash and Dorsett.

Filppula couldn't hold Nash's jockstrap and would be a part of any trade to bring in a game changer.

I would give him up in a heartbeat if Columbus wanted him in a deal for Nash.

Nash is a better player, but FWIW Flip does have more points this season. Why Flip and not Mule? Mule likely has more trade value, and his contract isn't great (if you consider Z's contract with it). IMO Flip is undervalued by a lot of poster's on LGW.

IMO there are some similarities between Filppula and Slava Kozlov. Kenny used Kozlov as part of a package to bring in a world class goalie. Maybe he could do the same with Flip to bring in a world class sniper.

I know the comparison is a bit of a stretch, but it could work. Flip is having a career year and has some trade value.

Ya, but I will still hate it...especially if Hudler was left here. If losing Filppula and Hudler & Prospect for Nash was an option, I guess I could live with it! :lol: Like I have a choice! It's not like Columbus doesn't like Filppula, they wanted him in 08' when they were offering Fedorov back to us... Make the deal, then trade Emmerton or another prospect for Moen, then acquire Nabokov. We keep forgetting (or at least I do) that Cleary's NTC is now exempt and can be moved as well. He would make a nice "A" in Columbus I do think, but then again, his chemistry with Helm is nice right now too...

Nash has 33 points in 51 games this season.. 17 goals

Filppula has 40 points in 50 games.. 15 goals.

Yes, I know Filppula is having a career year and Columbus/Nash is having a bad one... Nash's value is obviously higher.

But still I don't like the idea of giving away Filppula + picks + prospects for a guy that we're HOPING will return to form with a change of scenery.

Also, our depth down the middle would seriously suffer if we remove Filppula. And Nash has a big contract, which would reduce our chances of bringing in suitable replacement on the defense after Lids and Stuart.

I like Parise as an option slightly better.

Nash has 33 points in 51 games this season.. 17 goals

Filppula has 40 points in 50 games.. 15 goals.

Yes, I know Filppula is having a career year and Columbus/Nash is having a bad one... Nash's value is obviously higher.

But still I don't like the idea of giving away Filppula + picks + prospects for a guy that we're HOPING will return to form with a change of scenery.

Also, our depth down the middle would seriously suffer if we remove Filppula. And Nash has a big contract, which would reduce our chances of bringing in suitable replacement on the defense after Lids and Stuart.

I like Parise as an option slightly better.

I agree, like I said if Holland acquired Nash, then it pretty much eliminates us from the Suter sweeps unless Lids retires for sure AND Stuart leaves as a UFA. Also we can forget about Parise in the off season...