70 replies to this topic

#21 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,352 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 05:31 PM

Nash has 33 points in 51 games this season.. 17 goals

Filppula has 40 points in 50 games.. 15 goals.

Yes, I know Filppula is having a career year and Columbus/Nash is having a bad one... Nash's value is obviously higher.

But still I don't like the idea of giving away Filppula + picks + prospects for a guy that we're HOPING will return to form with a change of scenery.

Also, our depth down the middle would seriously suffer if we remove Filppula. And Nash has a big contract, which would reduce our chances of bringing in suitable replacement on the defense after Lids and Stuart.

I like Parise as an option slightly better.

#22 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,954 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 05:43 PM

i'd rather have jeff carter. more versatile as a rh center and on a less lucrative (but still huge) contract. would cost less than nash too imo. same age as nash if I'm not mistaken (27).

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#23 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,818 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 05:44 PM

Nash has 33 points in 51 games this season.. 17 goals

Filppula has 40 points in 50 games.. 15 goals.

Yes, I know Filppula is having a career year and Columbus/Nash is having a bad one... Nash's value is obviously higher.

But still I don't like the idea of giving away Filppula + picks + prospects for a guy that we're HOPING will return to form with a change of scenery.

Also, our depth down the middle would seriously suffer if we remove Filppula. And Nash has a big contract, which would reduce our chances of bringing in suitable replacement on the defense after Lids and Stuart.

I like Parise as an option slightly better.

I agree, like I said if Holland acquired Nash, then it pretty much eliminates us from the Suter sweeps unless Lids retires for sure AND Stuart leaves as a UFA. Also we can forget about Parise in the off season...

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#24 Jeff6851

Jeff6851

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 05:54 PM

As long as we don't move Smith or Jurco I'm all for it, unfortunately I think it would take one or the other plus others.

As much as I'd hate losing Flip I'd definitely trade him for a few years (extension maybe?) of Nash.
Detroit fan living in St. Louis
"To whom much is given, much is expected."
"Play them six times, they might win four, but not this game. Not tonight."
"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard."

#25 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,270 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 06:10 PM

Nash for:

Big E, Hudler, Emmerton, Miller, Eaves, Brunnstrom, Conklin.... Did I miss anyone? :rolleyes:
Posted Image

#26 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,611 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 06:46 PM

I like Nash and everything...but it won't happen. Columbus won't want what we have and Nash would solidify the Wings atop the Central for years. Columbus won't want to dump the face of their franchise to a division rival.

I agree, like I said if Holland acquired Nash, then it pretty much eliminates us from the Suter sweeps unless Lids retires for sure AND Stuart leaves as a UFA. Also we can forget about Parise in the off season...

I haven't done the math in a while, but earlier this year it seemed like we could sign Suter and Parise. So I don't see why we couldn't work Nash/Parise or Nash/Suter under the cap. We've got room, and lots of players will be leaving next season. (Bertuzzi, Holmstrom, Emeerton, Hudler (his contract is up, isn't it?), and so forth. Not to mention we have to trade for Nash so we'd be freeing up space that way, too.

Though I still prefer Parise over Nash.

Edited by VM1138, 02 February 2012 - 06:46 PM.

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#27 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 06:57 PM

franzen and a 2nd would probably work for nash... but it wouldnt happen

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#28 Red Crazy

Red Crazy

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 07:00 PM

If Mule was moved insted of Flip it would probably not cost us as much. I too have a hard time seeing Flip go.

Mule
Mursak
Kindl
for
Nash
Pick

#29 Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 07:08 PM

I think if u based a trade around this it could work , since of they move him it's for a rebuild

To New Jersey: Ilya Kovalchuk, Anssi Salmela, Atlanta's 2010 2nd round pick

To Atlanta: Johnny Oduya, Niklas Bergfors, Patrice Cormier, New Jersey's 2010 1st and 2nd round picks

Obviously he is already signed, but also playing under par....

#30 Zetterling

Zetterling

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,060 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 07:24 PM

Filpulla isn't going anywhere. Maybe they'll trade a fast skating 3rd or 4th liner and a Griffins player and a draft pick. If that isn't enough I doubt they make a move.

#31 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,818 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 08:39 PM

I like Nash and everything...but it won't happen. Columbus won't want what we have and Nash would solidify the Wings atop the Central for years. Columbus won't want to dump the face of their franchise to a division rival.

I haven't done the math in a while, but earlier this year it seemed like we could sign Suter and Parise. So I don't see why we couldn't work Nash/Parise or Nash/Suter under the cap. We've got room, and lots of players will be leaving next season. (Bertuzzi, Holmstrom, Emeerton, Hudler (his contract is up, isn't it?), and so forth. Not to mention we have to trade for Nash so we'd be freeing up space that way, too.

Though I still prefer Parise over Nash.

Nash is at $7.8M, Suter will cost at least $7.5M if not $8M+, you have to re-sign Abdelkader and Helm who will get at least $1.25M and Abby getting near if not at $1M. There is roughly $25M cap available for next season and that takes up roughly $18M of it PLUS add Smith's $875,000. It leaves roughly $5.7M to sign another back-up goalie a 7th defenseman and bring up or sign a 13th forward. So yes it could work with Nash/Suter or Parise/Suter but only if Lidstrom and Stuart are not here next year. If Lidstrom comes back, that cuts out one of them.

Now of course if Cleary, Filppula or Franzen were involved in a trade for Nash or Suter or Parise, sure that would free up much more money, but that is a big if... I would love Nash or Parise here too, and I think our #1 priority is Suter...

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#32 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,959 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 08:48 PM

I fear that if Columbus offered us Nash for Filppula straight up (which of course they wouldn't), many posters here on LGW wouldn't take it. Same with Iginla or Perry.

Flip is having a great year, but you can't get a franchise player without trading a good player in return. Filppula or Franzen are the only ones who fit that definition.

If you want a lot, you have to give up something good in return.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#33 atodaso

atodaso

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 08:51 PM

Any chance Z gets moved? Posted Image

#34 Ozzie30

Ozzie30

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 08:52 PM

None.
RIP #24

#35 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,468 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 09:06 PM

thankfully, no.

#36 atodaso

atodaso

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 12:30 AM

None.

thankfully, no.

Not our Zetterberg though. The impostor playing his part this season.

#37 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 12:59 AM

2012 1st round pick
Valteri Filpulla
Jan Mursak
Brendan Smith

Ummm what? Please don't ever be our GM.

I fear that if Columbus offered us Nash for Filppula straight up (which of course they wouldn't), many posters here on LGW wouldn't take it. Same with Iginla or Perry.

Flip is having a great year, but you can't get a franchise player without trading a good player in return. Filppula or Franzen are the only ones who fit that definition.

Filppula for Iginla straight up? No. That'd be a terrible trade for many obvious reasons. Filppula for Nash or Ryan straight up? Maybe. Then factor in salaries, no way i do Flip for Nash straight up. Ryan, I'd have a hard time saying no to, though.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#38 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,292 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 01:22 AM

Ummm what? Please don't ever be our GM.

Settle down now. The OP asked what it would TAKE, not what I'd trade. I think for a player like Nash, who is basically the entire Columbus franchise, it would have to be ridiculous overpayment. Judging by your response, you'd agree.
"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#39 king_malice

king_malice

Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 02:52 AM

To Det- Nash

To Columbus- Cleary,Kindl,2012 2nd round,maybe a young goalie saying Mason has completely fallen apart last couple seasons, McCollum,Mrazek not sure if we still have rights to Larsson even

you have to look at the Kovalchuk deal i would think as somewhat the same type of package

To Atl- Cormier,Bergfors,Oduya,1st round pick,2nd round pick

To Nj- Kovalchuk,Salmela,2nd round pick

#40 BigWillieStyle

BigWillieStyle

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 05:05 AM

To Det- Nash

To Columbus- Cleary,Kindl,2012 2nd round,maybe a young goalie saying Mason has completely fallen apart last couple seasons, McCollum,Mrazek not sure if we still have rights to Larsson even

you have to look at the Kovalchuk deal i would think as somewhat the same type of package

To Atl- Cormier,Bergfors,Oduya,1st round pick,2nd round pick

To Nj- Kovalchuk,Salmela,2nd round pick

You have to keep in mind that Kovalchuk was to be an UFA and had told Atlanta that he would not re-sign there. His trade value dropped significantly at that point. They took the best offer they could get, which minus the picks, was The Devils making room for Ilya's contract, by cutting contract dollars from their roster. The players going back to Atlanta were more for financial terms than for playing ability.

Regarding Suters asking price, Darren Dreger was on NHL Tonight last night, and had stated that the asking price for Suter, if The Preds were to offer him for trade, would be, A roster player, A top prospect, A second tier prospect, And a first round pick. I'm pretty sure that that statement was was from Poile, but I'm not 100% sure. It could very well have been Dreger's speculation, but I thought it was paraphrased from Poile. Something think about for all of you empire builders.