Photo
- - - - -

Your All-Favorites Red Wing Team?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,623 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 05:33 PM

lol, well, honestly...before I was 10 was when I was when I was playing an awful lot of NHL 95 with Primeau.

besides, I wanted to put together a really tough grind line. who was our next toughest center?

In all honesty, I think pound for pound Marty Lapointe was a tougher center than Primeau. When I think of Primeau I just always think of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_uAcWV-WJ8

He just never had a chance here with Yzerman and Fedorov as the #1 and #2 centers, same as Jimmy Carson, just couldn't get the icetime...

edit: And before you tell me that Lapointe was a RW, he was drafted as a center and played that position in Adirondack and early in his tenure with Detroit. He excelled at a few forward postions.

Edited by LeftWinger, 05 February 2012 - 05:35 PM.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#22 blueadams

blueadams

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:59 AM

In all honesty, I think pound for pound Marty Lapointe was a tougher center than Primeau. When I think of Primeau I just always think of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_uAcWV-WJ8

He just never had a chance here with Yzerman and Fedorov as the #1 and #2 centers, same as Jimmy Carson, just couldn't get the icetime...

edit: And before you tell me that Lapointe was a RW, he was drafted as a center and played that position in Adirondack and early in his tenure with Detroit. He excelled at a few forward postions.

I really liked Lapointe...I just never saw him play center. And when I think of Probert, I think of this:

Fighting Probert as a young prospect in training camp. Was Lapointe really tougher than that? Primeau put up a ton more points too, and was a #2 overall pick I think (over Jagr)

#23 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,623 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 12:14 PM

I really liked Lapointe...I just never saw him play center. And when I think of Probert, I think of this:

Fighting Probert as a young prospect in training camp. Was Lapointe really tougher than that? Primeau put up a ton more points too, and was a #2 overall pick I think (over Jagr)

I did say pound for pound, so yes LaPointe was tougher than Primeau. He was #3 overall and it was a huge mistake of a pick. Especially with all the talent that was drafted that year, but hey, the draft is a gamble.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#24 blueadams

blueadams

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 07:24 PM

I did say pound for pound, so yes LaPointe was tougher than Primeau. He was #3 overall and it was a huge mistake of a pick. Especially with all the talent that was drafted that year, but hey, the draft is a gamble.

this is purely an opinion thread, so we're not arguing here...but for me, overall toughness > 'pound-for-pound' toughness'