• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
BamaWing

How open would you be to trading Hank?

Rate this topic

I would be open to trading Zetterberg if the other option was having my spleen removed by a chainsaw-wielding rabid hedgehog.

I look at the success his line is having. As long as he's part of the success of the team, and the team is being successful, I'm happy.

Note how fighting has not turned this game around. It has nothing to do with who is fighting, it has to do with the fact we aren't scoring. It has nothing to do with the fact that we don't have quality depth, it has to do with our top six. We need to add a good top six forward and balance out the talent.

I still say Fil Dats and Franzen need to be together on the top line... but there is nothing else to make the second line really respectable. Cleary, Hudler, Bertuzzi, Homer... these guys cannot help Zetter. We are two top six forwards short honestly... Maybe Hudler and Zetter can work together if they get the right chemistry guy.

Zetter needs two solid linemates, because he makes people better around him. The Wings have three guys like that right now and can only build one line because they also have three guys that make the guys around them worse!

The third period against Edmonton is proof there is NOTHING wrong with Zetterberg. Put him with Franzen and Bertuzzi and he looks good. The problem is with Filppula and Hudler or having Filppula and Hudler on the same line. What good does it do when Filppula or Hudler get 30 or 40 points and they give up 40 or 50 points? Wings can not have TWO lightweights on a line with Zetterberg. Neither Filppula nor Hudler are "hard" on the puck. They get knocked off the puck easily and get knocked down easily. When was the last time you saw Filppula deliver a big hit????

If I get to choose players to play against the big teams like St. Louis, San Jose and Vancouver...... Filppula and Hudler are not on it.

Putting Datsyuk on a line with the two lightweights will not work either.

The problem is with Filppula and Hudler or having Filppula and Hudler on the same line. What good does it do when Filppula or Hudler get 30 or 40 points and they give up 40 or 50 points? Wings can not have TWO lightweights on a line with Zetterberg. Neither Filppula nor Hudler are "hard" on the puck. They get knocked off the puck easily and get knocked down easily. When was the last time you saw Filppula deliver a big hit????

I can't say about Hulder, but Filppula isn't knocked off the puck easily, that's just stupid. Filppula is strong as s*** on his skates and especially on the boards. You're obviously not watching the games. Also:

You obviously have no idea what you're talking about.

The third period against Edmonton is proof there is NOTHING wrong with Zetterberg. Put him with Franzen and Bertuzzi and he looks good. The problem is with Filppula and Hudler or having Filppula and Hudler on the same line. What good does it do when Filppula or Hudler get 30 or 40 points and they give up 40 or 50 points? Wings can not have TWO lightweights on a line with Zetterberg. Neither Filppula nor Hudler are "hard" on the puck. They get knocked off the puck easily and get knocked down easily. When was the last time you saw Filppula deliver a big hit????

If I get to choose players to play against the big teams like St. Louis, San Jose and Vancouver...... Filppula and Hudler are not on it.

Yeah... Fil is easily the second strongest person on the puck behind Dats on this team. I can't remember the last time he WAS actually knocked off the puck.

Why do you want Filppula delivering big hits? He's a finesse player on a scoring line? That said, I do agree that we need another top six forward to play on the second line, not because Filppula or Hudler have been bad, but for depth.

Edited by kipwinger

I'm sorry but I'll be the person to say that Hudler has been very solid and has scored some big goals for us. He is clearly stronger on the puck and he is a much better player in his own zone. I am kind of tired of hearing how we need to trade the guy and that he is useless when he leads this team in scoring.

As for saying Fil can't stay on the puck...lol....what? Someone else said it but he is probably the second best holder of the puck on the team. He was the guy that kept that second line afloat when Z was really struggling. He has been fantastic for this team.

Lastly Zetterberg. I am sure that nobody is more disappointed at his lack of offense then he is. He is a team guy, a class act and you can see his frustration....he wants to contribute. I actually thought that last night may have been one of the best games I have seen him play in a while. He had that killer instinct that won him a Conn Smythe in 08. I hope it was a turning point in his year.

Guys like Zetterberg don't come very often...he is the heart and soul of this team. I don't want him going anywhere.

I'll admit watching him this season he seems a lot less dangerous then he has in previous years. But a player with his calibre could turn it around in a game, and have a fantastic finish to the season. Then it becomes a whole new story with Hank come playoff time. Off year so far yes, but then you have players like Flip and Huds who are having career years playing alongside Zdawg. So with bad comes good and again, he could turn it around in a day. Do we really wanna miss out on a heart like this in the post-season ?

nuff said...that's an attestement to Z's leadership having both of his linemates having career years. and flip was playing with Z last year before and during the playoffs when he started to really turn his game up. trading Z would be useless cause the only forward in the NHL that's all around better than Hank is Dats at this point. wait until the playoffs when Z goes into an unknown gear and everyone on here starts the "Z playoff beast appreciation" thread...