• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#21 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:03 AM

None cuz I remember a time in the early 90's when people wanted to trade a guy who wore # 19 and imagine where that would have got us

You mean when he was 10 years younger than Zetterberg? I'm not saying trade Z, (I'd have to change my name!), but there is no comparison there.

This is highly unlikely, because its interdivisional, but if Zetterberg could land you Weber or Suter, would you do it? I would, in a minute. Nashville needs offense with a good contract and Detroit should be desperate for one of those two players. It's Hossa for Heatly esque, a win win.

If Zetterberg was going to be traded, it would have to be for another forward. Otherwise it'd be too depth murdering.

Edited by Z and D for the C, 03 February 2012 - 10:03 AM.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#22 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:08 AM

I would only trade Zetterberg if the following trade was offered:

29 1st Round Draft Picks. Sidney Crosby, Alex Ovechkin, Zach Parise, Suter, Weber, Iginla, the Sedins and Zdeno Chara.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#23 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:36 AM

29 1st Round Draft Picks. Sidney Crosby, Alex Ovechkin, Zach Parise, Suter, Weber, Iginla, the Sedins and Zdeno Chara.

Salary cap must be unlimited :P
IPB Image

#24 Hairy Lime

Hairy Lime

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 11:21 AM

If Detroit could get something decent in return, I think it would be idiotic not to at least think about it. I've always liked Zetterberg, great defensive-forward ... but he has always been as slow as molasses and he's not getting any younger. Jeff Carter is disgruntled in Columbus ... Zetterberg for Carter? I'm sure it wouldn't be straight-up, but I would consider it. But Holland is loyal to a fault, so it's very unlikely that we will see Zetterberg traded, even for Ovechkin. Even some of the fans here are being completely unreasonable. Zetterberg was a steal in the draft, works hard, has a boatload of character and is one the genuinely good guys in the NHL ... but he is NOT Steve Yzerman. He is not untouchable, or at least he shouldn't be. I think Zetterberg has the ability to turn things around, and also has a lot to offer the Wings, so it's not like I wouldn't go back and forth ... but if it was the right deal, and I believed it increased Detroit's chances of winning(and Detroit was able to get a little younger in the process), I would pull the trigger.

Sometimes hard decisions have to be made ... someone should remind Kenny Holland of that.

#25 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 11:29 AM

Jeff Carter is disgruntled in Columbus ... Zetterberg for Carter?

Loyalty has nothing to do with it on this one. Inter-division and Jeff Carter?? GTFO
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#26 lookalive07

lookalive07

--19--

• PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 11:45 AM

Which brings up a good point: We're #1 in the league while our star player is in a slump season.

This.

It's scary to see that there are fans of this team that still aren't satisfied even though we're in 1st place overall in a "rebuilding" season.

Posted Image

#27 miller76

miller76

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,718 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 12:05 PM

We got the best effen team on the ice, the envy of the league of a organization off the ice, and some aren't happy! Trading away Z would be ridiculous!

You want to be unhappy? Be my buddy who is a season ticket holder for the Ducks!
lighten up people, it's the internet!

#28 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 12:07 PM

Not enough.

Go back to the drawing board.

#29 Superman54

Superman54

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,760 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 12:25 PM

I'll admit watching him this season he seems a lot less dangerous then he has in previous years. But a player with his calibre could turn it around in a game, and have a fantastic finish to the season. Then it becomes a whole new story with Hank come playoff time. Off year so far yes, but then you have players like Flip and Huds who are having career years playing alongside Zdawg. So with bad comes good and again, he could turn it around in a day. Do we really wanna miss out on a heart like this in the post-season ?

#30 ace76

ace76

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 01:06 PM

The man's a champion,even though he is having an off season, teams still have to pay attention to him in a game because he can be so dangerous at any time,and that frees up time and space for other players. He knows what it takes come playoff time to step it up as you seen in superman54s vid clip.

We are #1 right now,It would be stupid trading a vet like the Z-Man

#31 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,974 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 01:08 PM

You mean when he was 10 years younger than Zetterberg? I'm not saying trade Z, (I'd have to change my name!), but there is no comparison there.

Stevie Y was 21 in the early 90's? Um, nooooooooo. He would have been 26 at the start of the 91-92 season.

Personally, I really don't see them as very similar to begin with. Stevie was much more gifted offensively (clearly as far as I'm concerned) but he had to turn himself into a two-way player later in his career where Hank's always brought that to the table. I see Hank as the current heart & soul of this team. While I would never say never, I think it would have to take one hell of an offer to convince me that Hank shouldn't be a Red Wing for life.

#32 zetterbergfan

zetterbergfan

Zetterbergfan since 1999

• PipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 01:11 PM

This is crazy talk....see my response here

#33 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 04:15 PM

Which brings up a good point: We're #1 in the league while our star player is in a slump season.

and maybe Babcock is getting Z to be more of a shutdown guy as opposed to sniper. the Z-Flip-Huds line is producing and we should be glad that Z isn't carrying the whole load. lets see, the Sedins in a total of 65 mins of regulation and OT combined for 1 assist last night and got split up in the 3rd period. i for one would guess that Z shut down 1 and Dats the other. seems like the Winged Wheel is rolling along fine.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#34 mwagner468

mwagner468

Top Prospect

• Gold Booster
  • 55 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 04:20 PM

Just to be clear, I am not saying hmmm Hank is having a average year to his usual season. trade him.
What I am saying is if he has a injury that is going to get worse with time, ala Bertuzzi is not the same player he was before His back injury, then you have to consider it.

Right now we have one true sniper. (Franzen) Fill and Dats could be considered but they are still more playmakers than snipers. During the playoffs teams can shut down one sniper and then take their chances with everyopne else.

I love Hank, but I also love when the wings win Stanley cups.

#35 dobbles

dobbles

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 05:30 PM

the problem with the concept is that right now his value is lowest. so even if you could get everyone on board with moving one of the most loved and valuable players on the team, you wouldn't get fair value. gm's would be naturally skeptical that his off year is a result of his age and health and that making any sort of fair value offer wouldn't be worth it.

I love Maltby, but to say he wasn't a ****** is a dis-service to his career of douchebaggery.

#36 BamaWing

BamaWing

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 06:33 PM

Im very surprised at how offensive some of you get with this simple question. I never said I wanted to trade Zetterberg. He is without a doubt struggling but some of you talking him up are looking foolish.

Posted Image

#37 chrisdetroit

chrisdetroit

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 06:36 PM

The guy won the frickin Conn Smyth 3 years ago. Don't you remeber when he completely shut down Crosby in the finals 2 years in a row. And you want to trade him after 1 bad year.

No frickin way
Do or do not. There is no try

#38 LEBDA22

LEBDA22

Eaves17

• PipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 07:26 PM

I think the problem with Hank is that he isnt wearing Easton Skates anymore. Anyone else notice this? He has always worn White Easton skates. Looks like he is wearing Bauers now. Look what happened to Ovi this season, he switched from using all CCM gear to Bauer and he is not the same player he used to be. Just a thought.
IPB Image

#39 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:02 PM

Not very open.

You have to wonder if he's injured/sluggish in that sense with his back or something else. For whatever reason he can't get in a groove in terms of goal scoring.

He's still second on the team in assists which doesn't happen by accident and is still one of the best defensive forwards and hardest workers on the team.

And it can be argued that he's been our best all-around playoff performer since the 2008 Cup run.

#40 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:17 PM

If he doesnt step up in the playoff then i may start to worry a bit but i will cross that bridge once i come to it.

and to tthe OP, i would consider trading hank but only if it was for a big scoring winger or high draft picks and a young stud prospect thats ready to tear up the nhl.

take the mike richards deal for example, i think you could expect something similar back for hank if he was to be traded.

Edited by redwingfan19, 03 February 2012 - 10:21 PM.

You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors