• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#41 Jeff6851

Jeff6851

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:24 PM

As bad as he's been, I have to go with not at all. I didn't really get into hockey until last year but I still know what Zetterberg means to this organization and saw how good he was in 08 when he won the Conn Smythe. You don't trade away something that can possibly give that type of production, especially when it seemed to all happen this year and wasn't really a downward slope. Really I think he needs less ice time (too lazy to look up how much he's getting) or be on the same line as Datsyuk.
Detroit fan living in St. Louis
"To whom much is given, much is expected."
"Play them six times, they might win four, but not this game. Not tonight."
"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard."

#42 BamaWing

BamaWing

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 12:05 AM

Chrisdetroit check your reading comprehension. Not once have I said I was wanting to trade him. I was talking to some friends and they asked me what it would take to trade him. I didn't have an answer but started wondering.

Simple as that but geez at this thread

Posted Image

#43 mru22

mru22

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 07:51 AM

Chrisdetroit check your reading comprehension. Not once have I said I was wanting to trade him. I was talking to some friends and they asked me what it would take to trade him. I didn't have an answer but started wondering.

Simple as that but geez at this thread

Nothing this year, one of my philosophies is don't f**k with Team Chemistry when things are working even if your best players are not producing near expectations. I'd rather have a terrible Hank with another Stanly Cup than another Ovi with zero cups :)

#44 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,728 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 01:42 PM

Nothing this year, one of my philosophies is don't f**k with Team Chemistry when things are working even if your best players are not producing near expectations. I'd rather have a terrible Hank with another Stanly Cup than another Ovi with zero cups :)

Getting eliminated in the second round in consecutive years doesn't mean things are working. The Wings have higher expectations than that.

If you're talking about our position in the standings, that doesn't matter come playoff time. We've seen that before. The President's Trophy is s***.

I don't know about trading Zetterberg, but we do need to make some kind of move, not only because of our past playoff failures, but because our competitors will make moves themselves.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#45 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,919 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 03:30 PM

I have no reason to trade Zetterberg. Hank's 2011-12 season could be like Yzerman's 1995. He'll be back up to 70-80 points next year no question.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#46 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 04:15 PM

Question: How open would you be to trading Hank? Answer: None at all.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#47 Nevermind

Nevermind

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 04:20 PM

I'm closed to the idea of trading Hank.

This is the same guy that's won a Conn Smythe and currently leads the league in playoff scoring since the lockout.

Edited by Nevermind, 04 February 2012 - 04:23 PM.

#48 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 04:22 PM

I'm closed to the idea of trading Hank.

This is the same guy that's won a Conn Smythe and has lead the league in playoff scoring since 2006.

and put up 80 pts. a year ago, and averaging a point a game right now after his slow start.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

#49 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 04:28 PM

and averaging a point a game right now after his slow start.

Um, he's got 3 points in the last 11 games. :huh:

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#50 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 04:37 PM

Um, he's got 3 points in the last 11 games. :huh:

Fair enough, excluding October (slow start) and February (one game played) he's got 32 pts in 40 games. I still don't think it's the end of the world, hyperbole aside.

Edited by kipwinger, 04 February 2012 - 04:46 PM.

#51 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,897 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 07:25 PM

I would be open to trading Zetterberg if the other option was having my spleen removed by a chainsaw-wielding rabid hedgehog.

I look at the success his line is having. As long as he's part of the success of the team, and the team is being successful, I'm happy.

#52 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 11:43 PM

Note how fighting has not turned this game around. It has nothing to do with who is fighting, it has to do with the fact we aren't scoring. It has nothing to do with the fact that we don't have quality depth, it has to do with our top six. We need to add a good top six forward and balance out the talent.

I still say Fil Dats and Franzen need to be together on the top line... but there is nothing else to make the second line really respectable. Cleary, Hudler, Bertuzzi, Homer... these guys cannot help Zetter. We are two top six forwards short honestly... Maybe Hudler and Zetter can work together if they get the right chemistry guy.

Zetter needs two solid linemates, because he makes people better around him. The Wings have three guys like that right now and can only build one line because they also have three guys that make the guys around them worse!
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#53 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,889 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 12:06 AM

I'm not willing to trade him, but he needs to get his head out of his ass and play like he actually cares, or if he has some lingering injury that's causing his abysmal play then he needs to get the hell off the ice so he can rest up and not be dead weight on the ice.

#54 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,728 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 12:11 AM

I'm starting to think we've already traded him.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#55 Icesurfer

Icesurfer

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 12:55 AM

The third period against Edmonton is proof there is NOTHING wrong with Zetterberg. Put him with Franzen and Bertuzzi and he looks good. The problem is with Filppula and Hudler or having Filppula and Hudler on the same line. What good does it do when Filppula or Hudler get 30 or 40 points and they give up 40 or 50 points? Wings can not have TWO lightweights on a line with Zetterberg. Neither Filppula nor Hudler are "hard" on the puck. They get knocked off the puck easily and get knocked down easily. When was the last time you saw Filppula deliver a big hit????

If I get to choose players to play against the big teams like St. Louis, San Jose and Vancouver...... Filppula and Hudler are not on it.

Putting Datsyuk on a line with the two lightweights will not work either.
Defense and goaltending win championships!!!

#56 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 01:16 AM

The problem is with Filppula and Hudler or having Filppula and Hudler on the same line. What good does it do when Filppula or Hudler get 30 or 40 points and they give up 40 or 50 points? Wings can not have TWO lightweights on a line with Zetterberg. Neither Filppula nor Hudler are "hard" on the puck. They get knocked off the puck easily and get knocked down easily. When was the last time you saw Filppula deliver a big hit????

I can't say about Hulder, but Filppula isn't knocked off the puck easily, that's just stupid. Filppula is strong as s*** on his skates and especially on the boards. You're obviously not watching the games. Also:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=850t74PbB1s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_iIq6Js684

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdSpXiOlbm4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1PtVm_IO50

You obviously have no idea what you're talking about.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#57 Lonewuhf

Lonewuhf

Rookie

• Pip
  • 199 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 02:17 AM

The third period against Edmonton is proof there is NOTHING wrong with Zetterberg. Put him with Franzen and Bertuzzi and he looks good. The problem is with Filppula and Hudler or having Filppula and Hudler on the same line. What good does it do when Filppula or Hudler get 30 or 40 points and they give up 40 or 50 points? Wings can not have TWO lightweights on a line with Zetterberg. Neither Filppula nor Hudler are "hard" on the puck. They get knocked off the puck easily and get knocked down easily. When was the last time you saw Filppula deliver a big hit????

If I get to choose players to play against the big teams like St. Louis, San Jose and Vancouver...... Filppula and Hudler are not on it.

Yeah... Fil is easily the second strongest person on the puck behind Dats on this team. I can't remember the last time he WAS actually knocked off the puck.

#58 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 02:17 PM

Why do you want Filppula delivering big hits? He's a finesse player on a scoring line? That said, I do agree that we need another top six forward to play on the second line, not because Filppula or Hudler have been bad, but for depth.

Edited by kipwinger, 05 February 2012 - 02:20 PM.

#59 Motown4013

Motown4013

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 03:36 PM

I'm sorry but I'll be the person to say that Hudler has been very solid and has scored some big goals for us. He is clearly stronger on the puck and he is a much better player in his own zone. I am kind of tired of hearing how we need to trade the guy and that he is useless when he leads this team in scoring.
As for saying Fil can't stay on the puck...lol....what? Someone else said it but he is probably the second best holder of the puck on the team. He was the guy that kept that second line afloat when Z was really struggling. He has been fantastic for this team.
Lastly Zetterberg. I am sure that nobody is more disappointed at his lack of offense then he is. He is a team guy, a class act and you can see his frustration....he wants to contribute. I actually thought that last night may have been one of the best games I have seen him play in a while. He had that killer instinct that won him a Conn Smythe in 08. I hope it was a turning point in his year.
Guys like Zetterberg don't come very often...he is the heart and soul of this team. I don't want him going anywhere.
Raising another Red Wings Fan!

The future looks bright in Hockeytown!
GUSTAV SNIPEQUIST!

#60 Dimaline312000

Dimaline312000

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 10:11 AM

I would NOT be open to trading Hank at all, he is way to valuable. He's struggling to get a lot of point production right now but I'm confident he'll find his rythm soon.