• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Donaldjr2448

Donaldjr2448

LETS GO REDWINGS!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,065 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 01:01 AM

Sam Gagner of the Edmonton Oilers scored 8 points tonight against the Chicago Blackhawks. Gagne was named the First, Second, and Third Star tonight in Edmonton as well. I think he may be off the trading block.

In the last two games in Edmonton, the Oilers have outscored the Hawks 17-6. OUCH!!!

Gagner is now in the company with Wayne Gretzky and Paul Coffey with 8 points in a game! Amazing.

Sorry Sam for spelling your name wrong in the topic sentence.

Edited by Donaldjr2448, 03 February 2012 - 01:09 AM.

#2 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,223 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 01:12 AM

Quite the feat.

I was switching between this game and the Wings game on intermission.

I love seeing anyone absolutely embarrass the Hawks. Well done. :thumbup:
Posted Image

#3 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 01:13 AM

We have the Oilers next.

bringit.jpg

#4 RusDRW

RusDRW

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 02:46 AM

Gagne was named the First, Second, and Third Star tonight in Edmonton as well.

why is that? will they now start calling him "the hero of the universe" or something else? I mean, why not?

Edited by RusDRW, 03 February 2012 - 02:47 AM.

Sweet. This dude was brought here for one reason, to punch people in the head - every other thing that he can do, other Wings can do better. I like that we have a head-puncher. The league has other, better head-punchers, but this one is ours. Better than nothing. Good work, Kenny!

© mikah

#5 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 03:13 AM

why is that? will they now start calling him "the hero of the universe" or something else? I mean, why not?

Hopefully they call him te grand master of everything.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#6 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 03:26 AM

We have the Oilers next.

Good. Better to play them while they are fat and happy, rather than dejected and looking to make a statement.

Posted Image

#7 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 06:12 AM

8 points is just flat out ridiculous, I'm not even sure how it's possible in this day and age.

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#8 Wing Across The Pond

Wing Across The Pond

Gabriel's Wings

• Silver Booster
  • 744 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 06:56 AM

Sam Gagner of the Edmonton Oilers scored 8 points tonight against the Chicago Blackhawks. Gagne was named the First, Second, and Third Star tonight in Edmonton as well. I think he may be off the trading block.

In the last two games in Edmonton, the Oilers have outscored the Hawks 17-6. OUCH!!!

Gagner is now in the company with Wayne Gretzky and Paul Coffey with 8 points in a game! Amazing.

Sorry Sam for spelling your name wrong in the topic sentence.

Or his stock just increased, and an unsuspecting team will have to part with another pick/prospect. "He shares a scoring record with Gretzky you know?!" :D

EDIT: Hit post without actually typing anything (non-functioning brain moment), then edited it for it not to work :( Bad morning lol

Edited by Wing Across The Pond, 03 February 2012 - 07:00 AM.

Posted Image

Check out my blog -The Heid-Out- a cynical mans take on everyday life

#9 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,018 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:12 AM

Yeah, that was just ridiculous. 8 points in one game. Think about that for a minute. Did they really name him to as first, second, and third star of the game?

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#10 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:14 AM

Wow that was just sick by Sam. He was no doubt feeling it last night. Congrads on the 8 points.
IPB Image

#11 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 11:15 AM

Better it was against the Hawks... Yeah, that's all I got. And holy s***! Sam Gagner? Really? Good on him.
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#12 miller76

miller76

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,718 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 11:16 AM

I always liked Sam Gagner. He takes a lot of s*** up there from that Edmonton media. And then being a target of trade rumors regularly. I say good for him! I hope he gets moved to a competitive team, where he can showcase his skills!
lighten up people, it's the internet!

#13 Superman54

Superman54

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,760 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 12:47 PM

8 points in todays game, no question you get all 3 stars

#14 Danielsm

Danielsm

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 12:50 PM

They said they wanted a young top 4 defenseman. Given their roster, that's Ericsson! :siren:

#15 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,738 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 08:13 PM

I wonder how many legendary players never scored 8 points in a game.

Truly incredible.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#16 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 01:38 AM

This is a guy who never broke 15 goals in a season... I think it has to be a fluke... if not then the Oilers would be stupid to trade him now.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#17 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 02:01 AM

like tubgirl
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#18 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 11:44 PM

Pshhh, he only has three points tonight... Hardly worth noting... <_<
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#19 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,612 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 09:17 AM

Oiler fans will expect this out of him all the time now. Kevin Lowe might have to turn to the Magic 8 Ball for advice.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#20 Danielsm

Danielsm

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 11:08 AM

Posted Image

Wait for it.