• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
hockey23

Howard has broken finger, Joey Mac recalled

Rate this topic

Guys if it is a broken finnger it will likely be 2 weeks or so that he is out. A couple seasons ago Stuart got a broken finger and missed about 3 weeks of action. The Wings are not going to take a chance at playing Howard until his finger is healed, and I do not blame them. Conks will be fine in net as long as the Wings continue to play like they did last night.

This will be a good opportunity for the team to step up their support of Conks & get him on track.

With reports of Malts scouting Buffalo for two straight games, maybe Kenny will pick up Miller to back Jimmy up the rest of the way if Conks can't get it going? :ph34r:

Guys if it is a broken finnger it will likely be 2 weeks or so that he is out. A couple seasons ago Stuart got a broken finger and missed about 3 weeks of action. The Wings are not going to take a chance at playing Howard until his finger is healed, and I do not blame them. Conks will be fine in net as long as the Wings continue to play like they did last night.

Would definitely depend on severity of the break, which finger, etc. But yes, 2 games is hyper optimistic at this point. In Ty we shall trust.

With reports of Malts scouting Buffalo for two straight games, maybe Kenny will pick up Miller to back Jimmy up the rest of the way if Conks can't get it going? :ph34r:

more like filling our goal scorer need.....with ville leino

Hey ESPN says 2 weeks :angry:

There's your problem. :lol:

For what it's worth, the Red Wings twitter feed just reiterated that at the moment it's only "2 games and reevaluated".

I'd imagine that if he has a broken finger, there's a fair amount of swelling going on at the moment. They probably are waiting for the swelling to go down, and then evaluate from there.

The bright side: he finished the game last night despite breaking it mid-game.

The wings are in 1st place overall, which is the most ideal position to be in when a goalie gets injured, instead of say 5th place or 9th place etc.

The team knows that it's Conklin behind them now. No more Howie to the rescue, no Howie to win shootouts for us. If that's not incentive to give it your very best then I don't know to tell you.

Conks has a great opportunity here to prove he's still capable enough to be relied on when needed. Detroit in front of him have to play just as hard too. They tend to make times like these an excuse to play poorly. The boys are playing so well right now I though, hope they can keep finding the motivation to dominate. If they do, Conks will be fine IMO

Didn't look too serious. It happened with 18:22 left in the third. Lapierre's shot went under Howard's blocker and got his fingers.

This. Happens to me all the time, but inline pucks are not nearly as damaging.

Conks has a great opportunity here to prove he's still capable enough to be relied on when needed. Detroit in front of him have to play just as hard too. They tend to make times like these an excuse to play poorly. The boys are playing so well right now I though, hope they can keep finding the motivation to dominate. If they do, Conks will be fine IMO

Ty is capable. If the team doesn't show up, we have a problem.

As long as he's not out very much longer than 2 games we'll be fine and it could be a good rest for Howie.

I was really horrified when I read the words "Howard injured" though because if was to miss significant time we'd be screwed.

Funny also how he's injured in one of the games where he's had the least to do all year.

Time to acquire Nabokov. Ya, this may be a minor inury, but if something happens in April, we wont win with Conklin/MacDonald.

Isles are going to want something absurd for Nabby.

I wouldn't be against picking him up in the offseason though. 24 GP 2.38 .919 -- backstopping a defensively weak Islander team. Imagine what he could do for us.

Sorry, back on topic. Get well Howie!!

If we play tomorrow night's game offensively and defensively like we did last night, I have absolutely nothing to worry about.

The problem is, we played against the Canucks and we played damn well. We never seem to take that level of intensity towards bad teams (Islanders, Habs last week), and that's the only thing that worries me.