• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
hockey23

Howard has broken finger, Joey Mac recalled

Rate this topic

i am optimistic that this will end up being a positive in the long run. conklin can get at least a couple games and then the team will have a much better idea what they have in him and if they need to make a move and/or give macdonald some games to evaluate his abilities.

with how much howard has played it won't exactly be the worst thing for him either especially after having to play the all star game when most of the team was off.

obviously if the injury lingers or grows into something more, thats all out the window. but as far as injuries go, this might actually be a good thing...

Guest irishock

Two games against Edmonton and Phoenix isn't too big of a hit. At least they're not division rivals and good news is that Jimmy gets some time to rest as well.

Two games and reevaluated doesn't mean he'll only miss two games. It means after he misses two games, they'll look and see how it's doing and see how much more time he'll miss.

You'd think with any kind of break, he'd be out at least a couple weeks. Bones don't heal in a few days.

Probably a blessing in disguise for you guys though. Bobcock was going to run him into the ground. He was on pace to play more games than he had ever played before. No telling how his body would react to that at the end of the season. But he's young...might not have effected him that much, but you never know...and then if a deep playoff run is the goal...that's a LOT of games.

and then if a deep playoff run is the goal...that's a LOT of games.

No ifs round these parts. Have to agree with the rest of your post though. Babs was good and ready to just play Jimmy until something like this happened or perhaps worse. He played the entire 3rd, OT, and SO periods with this break and seemed fine. Again to the Doctors of the thread, severity of the break and location is all important really to the timetable aspect. Or even still, how much Conks blows, here is hoping to him stepping it up like its 2008-09.

EDMONTON, Alberta – Detroit Red Wings goaltender Jimmy Howard doesn't anticipate being idled long by the broken right index finger he sustained in

Thursday's 4-3 shootout victory in Vancouver.

“I’ve played with broken fingers before, so I’ll have to fool around with my sticks and cut some notches out of them,'' Howard said.

Doesn't sound like "weeks" to me but maybe I am reading it wrong lol

Edited by HankthaTank

Doesn't sound like "weeks" to me but maybe I am reading it wrong lol

It all depends on how bad it is broke. If he is saying that, I'm guessing it's a hairline fracture...not serious.

Good...I hope he only misses 2 games and plays 70+ games this year and wears down in the playoffs. :thumbup:

;)

It all depends on how bad it is broke. If he is saying that, I'm guessing it's a hairline fracture...not serious.

Good...I hope he only misses 2 games and plays 70+ games this year and wears down in the playoffs. :thumbup:

;)

We'll keep you posted after your first round exit ;)

Red Wings goaltender Jimmy Howard will miss more than two games, but not certain of timeline

Detroit Red Wings goaltender Jimmy Howard acknowledged today that he will miss more than two games because of his broken right index finger.

But he really isn't sure how long he'll be out. He tossed out two weeks as an estimate, but is confident he'll return before the four-to-six weeks doctors in Vancouver told him it would take for the finger to heal.

Two games and reevaluated doesn't mean he'll only miss two games. It means after he misses two games, they'll look and see how it's doing and see how much more time he'll miss.

You'd think with any kind of break, he'd be out at least a couple weeks. Bones don't heal in a few days.

Probably a blessing in disguise for you guys though. Bobcock was going to run him into the ground. He was on pace to play more games than he had ever played before. No telling how his body would react to that at the end of the season. But he's young...might not have effected him that much, but you never know...and then if a deep playoff run is the goal...that's a LOT of games.

What do you care? You spout off in your forum about how you want someone to run Howard and take him out, then you come in here and talk all diplomatic? Spare us! You just want Jimmy to play a lot less so your guy doesn't lose the Vezina to him and you will again have lost to the Red Wings in some way shape or form...

Howard will not be tired come playoffs. This guy is the real deal, not just a one year wonder like Elliot. Great goalies play most games, not just 30 a year... When was the last time Brodeur played on 30 games in his prime? Thank you...have a nice day.

Nah, we won't be losing to the 8th seed. ;)

If for some reason that 8th seed was Detroit...you would.

Paging Dr. Holland, Dr. Holland, you have a phone call from Long Island...