• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#41 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,451 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 01:00 PM

Conks has a great opportunity here to prove he's still capable enough to be relied on when needed. Detroit in front of him have to play just as hard too. They tend to make times like these an excuse to play poorly. The boys are playing so well right now I though, hope they can keep finding the motivation to dominate. If they do, Conks will be fine IMO

Ty is capable. If the team doesn't show up, we have a problem.

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#42 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,608 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 01:27 PM

He could use the rest.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#43 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,335 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 01:33 PM

As long as he's not out very much longer than 2 games we'll be fine and it could be a good rest for Howie.

I was really horrified when I read the words "Howard injured" though because if was to miss significant time we'd be screwed.

Funny also how he's injured in one of the games where he's had the least to do all year.

#44 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,609 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 01:38 PM

Time to acquire Nabokov. Ya, this may be a minor inury, but if something happens in April, we wont win with Conklin/MacDonald.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#45 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 01:44 PM

Kneejerkosis around here.
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#46 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,195 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 01:50 PM

time for the oilers to have another shootout tomorrow. i predict a 7-6 wings win on HNIC!

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#47 Krayzie_Bone

Krayzie_Bone

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 02:15 PM

I read hes only out 2 games. Hopefully that is the case.

#48 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 02:43 PM

The good thing about Jimmy being out a few games is that we can now test Conk or J Mac and see who will be the better backup down the stretch.

#49 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 03:25 PM

Time to acquire Nabokov. Ya, this may be a minor inury, but if something happens in April, we wont win with Conklin/MacDonald.

Isles are going to want something absurd for Nabby.
I wouldn't be against picking him up in the offseason though. 24 GP 2.38 .919 -- backstopping a defensively weak Islander team. Imagine what he could do for us.

Sorry, back on topic. Get well Howie!!
(AtomicPunk @ February 4, 2010 - 12:16AM)

Imma let you finish, and your cap numbers are all good and all that, but imma let Kenny figure it out. Kenny's cap numbers were the best cap numbers this year.

#50 lookalive07

lookalive07

--19--

• PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 03:37 PM

If we play tomorrow night's game offensively and defensively like we did last night, I have absolutely nothing to worry about.

The problem is, we played against the Canucks and we played damn well. We never seem to take that level of intensity towards bad teams (Islanders, Habs last week), and that's the only thing that worries me.

Posted Image

#51 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,601 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 03 February 2012 - 04:30 PM

Seems simple to me :

1. Conklin sucks = Jimmy heals faster

2. Conklin plays well = Jimmy heals slower

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

LGW after 1 loss is irrational, after a few in a row it becomes quite comical, 22 playoff appearances in a row and 4 cups in that time and still going strong. Relaxxxxx !!

#52 dobbles

dobbles

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 05:22 PM

i am optimistic that this will end up being a positive in the long run. conklin can get at least a couple games and then the team will have a much better idea what they have in him and if they need to make a move and/or give macdonald some games to evaluate his abilities.

with how much howard has played it won't exactly be the worst thing for him either especially after having to play the all star game when most of the team was off.

obviously if the injury lingers or grows into something more, thats all out the window. but as far as injuries go, this might actually be a good thing...

I love Maltby, but to say he wasn't a ****** is a dis-service to his career of douchebaggery.

#53 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 06:06 PM

Two games against Edmonton and Phoenix isn't too big of a hit. At least they're not division rivals and good news is that Jimmy gets some time to rest as well.

bringit.jpg

#54 Jeff6851

Jeff6851

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:43 PM

Missing two games and being reevaluated. Very good chance after that we'll know how long he's really missing
Detroit fan living in St. Louis
"To whom much is given, much is expected."
"Play them six times, they might win four, but not this game. Not tonight."
"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard."

#55 cprice12

cprice12

Resident St. Louis Blues Supporter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 12:24 AM

Two games and reevaluated doesn't mean he'll only miss two games. It means after he misses two games, they'll look and see how it's doing and see how much more time he'll miss.

You'd think with any kind of break, he'd be out at least a couple weeks. Bones don't heal in a few days.

Probably a blessing in disguise for you guys though. Bobcock was going to run him into the ground. He was on pace to play more games than he had ever played before. No telling how his body would react to that at the end of the season. But he's young...might not have effected him that much, but you never know...and then if a deep playoff run is the goal...that's a LOT of games.

#56 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,608 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 12:45 AM

God speed, Jimmay.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#57 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 12:49 AM

and then if a deep playoff run is the goal...that's a LOT of games.

No ifs round these parts. Have to agree with the rest of your post though. Babs was good and ready to just play Jimmy until something like this happened or perhaps worse. He played the entire 3rd, OT, and SO periods with this break and seemed fine. Again to the Doctors of the thread, severity of the break and location is all important really to the timetable aspect. Or even still, how much Conks blows, here is hoping to him stepping it up like its 2008-09.

#58 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 12:54 AM

EDMONTON, Alberta – Detroit Red Wings goaltender Jimmy Howard doesn't anticipate being idled long by the broken right index finger he sustained in

Thursday's 4-3 shootout victory in Vancouver.

“I’ve played with broken fingers before, so I’ll have to fool around with my sticks and cut some notches out of them,'' Howard said.

Doesn't sound like "weeks" to me but maybe I am reading it wrong lol

Edited by HankthaTank, 04 February 2012 - 12:55 AM.

#59 cprice12

cprice12

Resident St. Louis Blues Supporter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 01:22 AM

Doesn't sound like "weeks" to me but maybe I am reading it wrong lol

It all depends on how bad it is broke. If he is saying that, I'm guessing it's a hairline fracture...not serious.

Good...I hope he only misses 2 games and plays 70+ games this year and wears down in the playoffs. :thumbup:

;)

#60 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 01:25 AM

damn ... now the whole league knows and when Jimmy gets back in net, guess where everyone will be shooting and aiming for.