• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dominator2005

Moen / Gill / Allen

Rate this topic

http://www.toutsurlehockey.com/11404/rumeurs/de/transactions/tslh/MTL/2012-02-03/plusieurs-recruteurs-observes-lors-de-la-rencontre-dhier-soir-entre-les-canadiens-de-montreal-et-les-devils-du-new-jersey/

http://www.mynhltraderumors.com/2012/02/02/state-of-the-detroit-red-wings-nhl-trade-deadline-edition/

Well it seems like we have scouts et every Habs game (lately)... So I guess Moen and Gill could be the targets. Moen for the 3rd line would be perfect fit with Cleary and Helm.

Fot the def I have to agree with Mr. Malik regarding Allen.

I don't think we are going to get Ruutu - IMO he would be the best fit for the 2nd line... but we are still team to beat.

I don't want Gill at all. Moen would be okay, but I don't see the point of giving up anything to get him. I don't think he magically makes us better. He might not even make it on the ice because we have a log jam on the third and fourth lines.

I'd be all for Bryan Allen on the cheap. Though again, I don't get why...

We can lose three Dmen and still be okay.

Ian White

Nicklas Lidstrom

Niklas Kronwall

Brad Stuart

Jonathan Ericsson

Jakub Kindl

Mike Commodore

Brendan Smith* (M)

Garnet Exelby (M)

Doug Janik (M)

Honestly if we can't win with these guys, I don't know what Gill or Allen will do to change that.

Malik is completely right about the cost being high on everything.

I don't want Gill at all. Moen would be okay, but I don't see the point of giving up anything to get him. I don't think he magically makes us better. He might not even make it on the ice because we have a log jam on the third and fourth lines.

I'd be all for Bryan Allen on the cheap. Though again, I don't get why...

We can lose three Dmen and still be okay.

Ian White

Nicklas Lidstrom

Niklas Kronwall

Brad Stuart

Jonathan Ericsson

Jakub Kindl

Mike Commodore

Brendan Smith* (M)

Garnet Exelby (M)

Doug Janik (M)

Honestly if we can't win with these guys, I don't know what Gill or Allen will do to change that.

Malik is completely right about the cost being high on everything.

I completely forgot we even had Exelby, I think Moen in this situation is a bit more logical. It really doesn't make a lot of sense to add another Center but i'd take Plekanec in a deal. :thumbup:

I like Plekanec... I don't think they will move him.

Yeah very doubtful, he might be the only player on that team that has been consistent and productive for the last three seasons. Even with as poor as they are playing this year he is still quietly putting together a solid season.

Note how fighting has not turned the Oilers game around. What turned it around was scoring. Our problems (when we have them) has nothing to do with who is fighting, it has to do with the fact we aren't scoring. It has nothing to do with the fact that we don't have quality depth, it has to do with our top six. We need to add a good top six forward and balance out the talent.

I still say Fil Dats and Franzen need to be together on the top line... but there is nothing else to make the second line really respectable. Cleary, Hudler, Bertuzzi, Homer... these guys cannot help Zetter. We are two top six forwards short honestly... Maybe Hudler and Zetter can work together if they get the right chemistry guy.

Zetter needs two solid linemates, because he makes people better around him. The Wings have three guys like that right now and can only build one line because they also have three guys that make the guys around them worse!

Anthony Stewart is available for free on waivers.

Why wouldn't you grab that kid off of waivers?!? At the least, he could play out the season in GR... But man, good size, good speed, and I know he put up some decent points on a crappy team in Atlanta a couple season back. He's only 27. Just seems like a supremely low-risk move.

Why wouldn't you grab that kid off of waivers?!? At the least, he could play out the season in GR... But man, good size, good speed, and I know he put up some decent points on a crappy team in Atlanta a couple season back. He's only 27. Just seems like a supremely low-risk move.

You can't pick someone off of waivers and put them in the minors. They have to go on the main club roster, then they could be sent down and would have to go through waivers again. We would have to expose one of ours to waivers. Right now I don't think that is worth it.

TVA SPORTS: reports the Detroit Red Wings could have interest in Montreal Canadiens winger Travis Moen, despite the fact he remains day-to-day with an injury and isn’t expected back in the lineup this week. The site reports Wings GM Ken Holland has had preliminary talks with Canadiens GM Pierre Gauthier, even offered prospect Xavier Ouellet, selected in the 2nd round (48th overall) of the 2011 entry draft.

NO! NO! NO!

I don't believe thsi because Ouellet is having a huge year and Moen adds NOTHING. It would be like trading some stock for five dollars, odds are you will net far more by sticking with the stock.

I really hope this is over.

NO! NO! NO!

I don't believe thsi because Ouellet is having a huge year and Moen adds NOTHING. It would be like trading some stock for five dollars, odds are you will net far more by sticking with the stock.

I really hope this is over.

Some sources are saying Montreal isn't going to trade Moen, others are. I don't know much about Ouellet.