• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

2/4 GDT : Red Wings 4 at Oilers 5 (SO)

Rate this topic

This one should be a good test for both sides. Oilers have been decent the last few games and having Jimmy out will means they will fire everything on net so the D has to be solid. Looking forward to watching this on CBC tonight.

GO WINGS GO!!!

Awesome GDT! Love the picture of Hall :lol:. Hopefully the Oil scored all their goals against the Hawks.

I believe in Ty Conklin, hope the boys give him some help out there. Keep the road efforts going and get off to a good start.

Would also love to see Pavel get back on the scoresheet tonight.

Now, if only we didn't have to wait for all eternity until the 10:00 start time...

Also missing Howie already too but if we can get that same tough play out of Kindl and Jonny E then we should be able to hold up against the Oil with Ty between the pipes. Wings take it 5-2 with Hank finally potting 1, Pash also gets 1, Flip, Nick, and Homer on the PP. There it is, my cursed ass prediction ;) HNIC night before Super Bowl :thumbup:

I am SO STOKED today. My wife is out of the country and the hockey starts at 1pm and goes til 1am. Wings in HIGH DEF always a treat here against a team they SHOULD beat but yet questions need answering.

Edmonton's going to be brimming with confidence after--wait, what's that? They just scored on the Hawks AGAIN? Wow. Anyway the Oil shall be pumped up and on any given night (See, Canadiens, Montreal) the unexpected can bite a couple points into your lead. Can the Oilers keep their momentum?

Ty Conklin must answer questions. Will one of the trades HAVE to be a backup netminder?

How long will the crew here at LGW hang together the moment another team makes the first big trade and the anxiety clock hits midnight?

I think I shall get tickets to Thursday's Devils vs Blues game and get some pictures and give a game report on the Blues...

Oh, and Wings 5 Oil 3

Datsyuk, Cleary, Zetterberg, Stuart and Sheppard

Current Streaks

Regular-Season Streaks

Overall: 2-game winning streak (1 shootout)

Away: 2-game winning streak (1 shootout)

Historical Regular-Season Streaks v. Edmonton

Overall: 7-game winning streak (1 shutout, 1 overtime)

Away: 3-game winning streak

Last Ten Games, Current Regular-Season

Overall: 9W-1L

Away: 6W-4L

Last Ten Games, Historical Regular-Season v. Edmonton

Overall: 7W-1L-0OTL-2SOL

Away: 6W-0L-0OTL-4SOL

Home Games / Away Games

This is the fourth of five consecutive away games

Record v. Edmonton

All-time, Overall v. Edmonton

114G: 55W-36L-13T-0Rt-4OTL-6SOL

All-time, Away v. Edmonton

57G-21W-20L-10T-0RT-2OTL-4SOL

Season Record v. Edmonton

This is the third game, of four, v. Edmonton this season. The Club's record in the previous two games:

2W

This is the second, and final, away game v. Edmonton this season. The Club's record in the previous game:

1W

Record on this Day

February 4

This is the 39th regular-season game played on this day. The Club's record in the previous 38 games:

12W-17L-9T

This is the first regular-season games v. Edmonton played on this day

LGW.

I am SO STOKED today. My wife is out of the country and the hockey starts at 1pm and goes til 1am. Wings in HIGH DEF always a treat here against a team they SHOULD beat but yet questions need answering.

That is sometimes debatable when they're in Edmondton, even HD doesn't seem like HD there. Hope you're enjoying your day of hockey!

As long as the guys play hard in front of Ty we'll do fine. But if they let him down everyone will be freaking out I'm sure. I know Ty is going to do great tonight!

Go Wings!!!

Edit - I like the change you made in the original post Mike. :)

Edited by WizardOfOz30

I'm thinking (OK, hoping...) that Edmonton will go into a psychoid letdown tonight after their triumphant win over those misfit South-Siders. I'm also praying that the defense is there for Conklin. Hey, if the Penguins have done as well as they have without Crosby, surely our boys will come through for our goalie?! :ph34r:

I believe in Conklin. I also believe that the D had best get out there and play.

We have 2 points at stake here; nothing more, nothing less. If we win it will help us; if not, it will hurt us.

A win will be thrilling; a loss will result in pandemonium and demand for a goalie trade.

I hate these late starts on the weekends. I will only get to see half the game before heading out to work. :(

First post!

Great video, thoroughly enjoyed it! Got me pumped for tonight's game. Conks will be a spotlight for sure, time for him to take charge as the Detroit Red Wings net minder. As far as predictions go, Z gets things back on track with another solid performance, but tallying some points in the process. Franzen remembers his amazing shot, and puts one in the back of the net as well.

2-0 Wings!