• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

2/4 GDT : Red Wings 4 at Oilers 5 (SO)

Rate this topic

I know that logically there must be a reason Holland doesn't use MacDonald as a backup to this point. I mean, I know he's never been consistently an NHL-caliber goalie, but every single time he's been called up for the Wings over the years he's been great for us. They must see something we don't, because it seems pretty obvious to me that MacDonald has "earned" the backup role over the years.

The big let down is the power play. How many games have they played where the the PP has gone 0-4 or 0-6. The Wings will need to get this fixed very soon. I have never been a fan of mixing up the lines for the PP. If your top six are set and playing well why break up that chemistry on the PP?

Start Joey against the Yotes and if he plays well then ride him till he fails. I am very concerned about Conk's play. As a career back-up it's his job to be ready to play when called. It would be nice to be able to wait till the off season to snag a good back up because they will have to over pay right now. If the PP steps up and the Wings play well I think Joey will do fine till Jimmy comes back.

I know that logically there must be a reason Holland doesn't use MacDonald as a backup to this point. I mean, I know he's never been consistently an NHL-caliber goalie, but every single time he's been called up for the Wings over the years he's been great for us. They must see something we don't, because it seems pretty obvious to me that MacDonald has "earned" the backup role over the years.

Ya, they must know something that we don't see, which is why I fully believe that there will be a new back-up here at the deadline. Conklin has shown no confidence and MacDonald, well, there is something wrong that we don't know. I hope that Holland acquires Nabokov, but who knows who else may come up available. Last night proved two things at least: 1. We need a REAL sniper that can score when needed and does so on a consistent basis. B. We need a legit, reliable Back-Up goalie that can take over were Jimmy leaves off.

I wanna say that they played pretty tough last night, so I won't say we need a bruising defenseman, but too many Ericsson giveaways for my liking...Kronwall's hit was great, need at least one of those a game, be more Vladdy-esque.