Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

Awesome game by Zetterberg...three assists...

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 zetterbergfan

zetterbergfan

Zetterbergfan since 1999

• PipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 02:34 AM

Hank clearly set up Bert's second goal in the third period. Yet he isn't being credited for it in the boxscore. Anyone know if this will be reviewed again by the official scorers? Or is it a done deal?

He sure looked like a different player on a line with Franzen and Bert. I knew that his linemates were part of the problem.

#2 Nevermind

Nevermind

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 02:56 AM

Yeah, that should be fixed. But more importantly, he sure as hell looked rejuvenated in that third period. I think Z should stay with Mule and Bert for a while. Unlike Filppula and Hudler, they create a lot of space out there for him with their size alone.

Hopefully Datsyuk doesn't start slumping for a few games though. Because you know if that happens people are gonna be suggesting we trade him too. <_<

But really, it's surprising how well we've done this season with only one of the two Eurotwins performing at their normal levels. Imagine if BOTH Z and Pavel are firing on all cylinders from here on out!

Edited by Nevermind, 05 February 2012 - 02:59 AM.

#3 brennan17

brennan17

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 06:09 AM

What a game he had today, that was so good to see. Hopefully these lines stay the same from here on out. And I don't think there giving him the assist on the last Bert goal which is total crap..

#4 11iscoming

11iscoming

11iswaitingfor12

• Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 08:21 AM

if they don´t correct it on their own, the detroit media should make them aware of their mistake. it was so obvious that hank has to get that primary assist....how they recognized white touched the puck but leave hank out of the scoreboard is beyond me. there are guys that get paid for keeping track of the stats and nothing else and they don´t get their job done.

Edited by 11iscoming, 05 February 2012 - 08:22 AM.

#5 wingfan1991

wingfan1991

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 09:41 AM

How can they possibly have missed that assist lol

#6 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 10:10 AM

I don't know how they miss an assist, but did anyone notice the PA guy last night give credit for Millers goal to Howard? Goal by Howard he said on the final time. I was perplexed.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#7 Andy Pred 48

Andy Pred 48

Coming soon,"the slovak line" Marek and 2 Toms!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 10:49 AM

hopefully Kenny will get Pav a big winger before the deadline :D
"What are you guys doing?" Reggie Dunlop
"Putting on the foil coach" Jeff Hanson
"Yeah, every game, you want some coach?" Steve Hanson
"Er, no. No thanks guys." Reggie Dunlop
"Make sure they don't leave the bench!" Reggie Dunlop.

#8 Danielsm

Danielsm

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 11:05 AM

Looks like Hank still has juice in the tank come playoff time which is great. He's also found a way to play with Mule and Bert well. Now we can only hope we can move some depth for a good forward for Pavel. Only issue is, where does Filp go now - third line?

#9 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,639 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 11:23 AM

That third period reminded me why I love Z. He always works extremely hard, even if the results aren't there, but it was nice to see his determination pay off with some well-deserved points last night. Completely took over the game in the third period.

Despite the recent strong run of success for the respective lines, I still think Filppula is a better fit with Datsyuk and Bertuzzi with Zetterberg. Z had been very good previously with Franzen and Bertuzzi on his wings. I don't really care where Franzen plays right now -- he's going to take most nights off until the playoffs anyways so he's basically going to look like a warm body for either center.

Really hope Z can build off that period and get back to being a dominant 1-2 punch with Pavel.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#10 zetterbergfan

zetterbergfan

Zetterbergfan since 1999

• PipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 11:40 AM

if they donīt correct it on their own, the detroit media should make them aware of their mistake. it was so obvious that hank has to get that primary assist....how they recognized white touched the puck but leave hank out of the scoreboard is beyond me. there are guys that get paid for keeping track of the stats and nothing else and they donīt get their job done.

It's still not fixed at NHL.com. Anyone know how to point this out to the league? Any media contacts out there? I know this isn't the biggest deal in the world, but this is an easy fix. And Z needs all the points he can get this year.

#11 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 11:46 AM

Yeah, that should be fixed. But more importantly, he sure as hell looked rejuvenated in that third period. I think Z should stay with Mule and Bert for a while. Unlike Filppula and Hudler, they create a lot of space out there for him with their size alone.

Hopefully Datsyuk doesn't start slumping for a few games though. Because you know if that happens people are gonna be suggesting we trade him too. <_<

But really, it's surprising how well we've done this season with only one of the two Eurotwins performing at their normal levels. Imagine if BOTH Z and Pavel are firing on all cylinders from here on out!

Although he has played pretty well Datsyuk has 0 pts in his last 4 games.

I'm all for going with the lines we saw in the 3rd period in the PHO game. Franzen hasn't been too productive lately and I think it's good to see different match ups.
Posted Imagewww.unsportsmanlike.ca

#12 blgillett

blgillett

Stevie the one and only Captian

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 12:07 PM

The third period last night was the 1st time this year Z has looked like himself. Maybe it a sign of the good things to come this year. Nice game Z
"He was standing there like a cigar store Indian" Mickey Redmond
"Holmstrom gets more attention around the net than a pretty girl around closing time!" Mickey Redmond
IPB Image

#13 zetterbergfan

zetterbergfan

Zetterbergfan since 1999

• PipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 12:13 PM

And fixed....three assists

I am all for Z, Bert, Mule if they are going to play like that. I think Datsyuk has a better skill set for being on a line with Hudler and Fil. He can dangle and move around in the zone with the puck better while they get in shooting positions. Z would just work his way into the zone and dump (shoot) the puck towards the net.
Z certainly looked energized just having the new line. I wonder if he was unhappy on a line with Hudler and Fil.

#14 Danielsm

Danielsm

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 12:58 PM

Maybe Emma is refusing sex until Hank is productive not only off the ice, but on it too.

#15 RusDRW

RusDRW

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 02:07 PM

Am I the only one who thinks Zetter turned it on after ASG? What is more interesting this turn looks intentional, I mean even visually he works way better than in the fist half. I know it is only two games, still he looked extremely impressive last two games.
Sweet. This dude was brought here for one reason, to punch people in the head - every other thing that he can do, other Wings can do better. I like that we have a head-puncher. The league has other, better head-punchers, but this one is ours. Better than nothing. Good work, Kenny!

© mikah

#16 Probie

Probie

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 06:45 PM

Yeah I wonder what the reason was for his first half play? Marital troubles or injury back problems....?