• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
zetterbergfan

Awesome game by Zetterberg...three assists...

Rate this topic

Hank clearly set up Bert's second goal in the third period. Yet he isn't being credited for it in the boxscore. Anyone know if this will be reviewed again by the official scorers? Or is it a done deal?

He sure looked like a different player on a line with Franzen and Bert. I knew that his linemates were part of the problem.

Yeah, that should be fixed. But more importantly, he sure as hell looked rejuvenated in that third period. I think Z should stay with Mule and Bert for a while. Unlike Filppula and Hudler, they create a lot of space out there for him with their size alone.

Hopefully Datsyuk doesn't start slumping for a few games though. Because you know if that happens people are gonna be suggesting we trade him too. <_<

But really, it's surprising how well we've done this season with only one of the two Eurotwins performing at their normal levels. Imagine if BOTH Z and Pavel are firing on all cylinders from here on out!

Edited by Nevermind

if they don´t correct it on their own, the detroit media should make them aware of their mistake. it was so obvious that hank has to get that primary assist....how they recognized white touched the puck but leave hank out of the scoreboard is beyond me. there are guys that get paid for keeping track of the stats and nothing else and they don´t get their job done.

Edited by 11iscoming

Looks like Hank still has juice in the tank come playoff time which is great. He's also found a way to play with Mule and Bert well. Now we can only hope we can move some depth for a good forward for Pavel. Only issue is, where does Filp go now - third line?

That third period reminded me why I love Z. He always works extremely hard, even if the results aren't there, but it was nice to see his determination pay off with some well-deserved points last night. Completely took over the game in the third period.

Despite the recent strong run of success for the respective lines, I still think Filppula is a better fit with Datsyuk and Bertuzzi with Zetterberg. Z had been very good previously with Franzen and Bertuzzi on his wings. I don't really care where Franzen plays right now -- he's going to take most nights off until the playoffs anyways so he's basically going to look like a warm body for either center.

Really hope Z can build off that period and get back to being a dominant 1-2 punch with Pavel.

if they don´t correct it on their own, the detroit media should make them aware of their mistake. it was so obvious that hank has to get that primary assist....how they recognized white touched the puck but leave hank out of the scoreboard is beyond me. there are guys that get paid for keeping track of the stats and nothing else and they don´t get their job done.

It's still not fixed at NHL.com. Anyone know how to point this out to the league? Any media contacts out there? I know this isn't the biggest deal in the world, but this is an easy fix. And Z needs all the points he can get this year.

Yeah, that should be fixed. But more importantly, he sure as hell looked rejuvenated in that third period. I think Z should stay with Mule and Bert for a while. Unlike Filppula and Hudler, they create a lot of space out there for him with their size alone.

Hopefully Datsyuk doesn't start slumping for a few games though. Because you know if that happens people are gonna be suggesting we trade him too. <_<

But really, it's surprising how well we've done this season with only one of the two Eurotwins performing at their normal levels. Imagine if BOTH Z and Pavel are firing on all cylinders from here on out!

Although he has played pretty well Datsyuk has 0 pts in his last 4 games.

I'm all for going with the lines we saw in the 3rd period in the PHO game. Franzen hasn't been too productive lately and I think it's good to see different match ups.

And fixed....three assists

I am all for Z, Bert, Mule if they are going to play like that. I think Datsyuk has a better skill set for being on a line with Hudler and Fil. He can dangle and move around in the zone with the puck better while they get in shooting positions. Z would just work his way into the zone and dump (shoot) the puck towards the net.

Z certainly looked energized just having the new line. I wonder if he was unhappy on a line with Hudler and Fil.

Am I the only one who thinks Zetter turned it on after ASG? What is more interesting this turn looks intentional, I mean even visually he works way better than in the fist half. I know it is only two games, still he looked extremely impressive last two games.