oh well. time to slay at home :siren:

don't worry, the Red Wings will be OK

#222 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,739 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 10:28 PM

fully deserved the loss, was outplayed most of the game.

im about ready for a trade, road play is pathetic.

Maybe we can trade 1/2 our road games for home games. :D
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#223 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,026 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 10:29 PM

Thank god we're back at home on Wednesday. Give Mac the start, he was great tonight.

#NOMOREKINDL

#224 NHLrules?

NHLrules?

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Red Wings + road games= SUCK

#225 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,516 posts

Not too upset about this loss. Can't win them all, though it would be nice to have that cushion in the standings. But honestly, I think every game the last few weeks has been a testament to how badly the Wings need a sniper. More than a goalie. More than a defenseman (which we don't really need I don't think). Whatever Holland is thinking, this team's offense dries up too frequently against the same teams over and over. The team is obviously very good, but just imagine how many more road games we could have won had there been a sniper on the team to help the powerplay or drive home some of those chances.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#226 Scrappy's Servant

Scrappy's Servant

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 50 posts

This team isn't one to learn from past mistakes...they seem to enjoy making them over and over again for some reason...they can't play for only 1 period and expect 2 points..especially when every point up until playoffs are huge points!

#227 scottishredwing

scottishredwing

Rookie

• Pip
  • 103 posts

fully deserved the loss, was outplayed most of the game.

im about ready for a trade, road play is pathetic.

Totally agree with this. Team looks stale ,needs fresh ideas.

#228 Nevermind

Nevermind

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 10:31 PM

I don't ever remember criticizing Nick Lidstrom before...

But is there a reason he didn't do a diving pokecheck when Hanzal was closing in on the empty net? Maybe he was just so mad at Franzen that he didn't care.

#229 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Great game by Nick, Pavs and Joey Mac. Poor games noteably from Franzen and Hudler. Franzen with a terrible giveaway to lead to the empty netter and Hudler was just giving the puck away all night. For example, when we won the faceoff with the extra attacker, Hudler had an easy play to pass it back to Nick at the point and instead dumped it around which allowed Phoenix to clear it.

I think it is evident that Kenny needs to make a trade for a scoring forward really bad. The one positive thing is that no more of this road s*** we get to watch a majority of the remainder games at home, where the Wings are 100 times better. BUT, a trade is still going to be the difference between a 2nd round exit and winning the Stanley Cup imo.

#230 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,421 posts

JMac looked solid all game.

#231 Yzermania

Yzermania

In it to win it like Yzerman.

• PipPipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 10:33 PM

I don't ever remember criticizing Nick Lidstrom before...

But is there a reason he didn't do a diving pokecheck when Hanzal was closing in on the empty net? Maybe he was just so mad at Franzen that he didn't care.

yeah it was kind of weird, my only thought, is that he thought they'd call a penalty shot which is an automatic goal when the net is empty, therefore creating the same outcome, but I agree, it seemed odd to watch Nicklas Lidstrom just kind of give up on a play.

Edited by Yzermania, 06 February 2012 - 10:33 PM.

#232 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 10:35 PM

Joey Mac was again rock solid in net. Saved a whole bunch of one timers off turnovers from our own zone.

bringit.jpg

#233 HockeytownRules19

HockeytownRules19

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 10:37 PM

Oh well... time to go home for 6 in a row and 8 of 9... Yay!

If you told me before this west-coast trip out of the all-star break we would go 2-1-1, I would have been very happy.

#234 Red Crazy

Red Crazy

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 11:05 PM

I wonder what a Franzen Ericsson package would get us? I like Mule but he is so streaky and is so lazy I think I am ready to see him go for a good return. Ken Holland refuses to admit that Ericsson has been a huge mistake. He needs to make a deal to help this team get by the second round.

#235 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 11:11 PM

No Franzen, lazy at times, still has 20 goals for us and has a pretty good history in the playoffs for us. Ericsson is garbage and needs to go... that is the worst mistake Kenny has ever made signing him to that contract. I say package Ericsson, Hudler+ to get a deal with Washington for Semin, or if Selanne is available, then trade for him.

#236 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,226 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 11:12 PM

Not much to say really about that snoozefest of a game, but does anyone else here think Datsyuk is playing hurt? I have this bad feeling his wrist is causing him trouble again. The ice definitely was beyond awful tonight, but Pavel has just looked a little off lately controlling the puck and making his typical magic. I noticed Z took the faceoffs too when they were together on the powerplay and even Franzen was taking the draws on Pavel's line.

I hope it's nothing really, though it has caught my attention more than I want the past week.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#237 korrowan

korrowan

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 12:30 AM

So sick of this damn team playing like crap against crappy teams. What is so hard about showing up for the first 40 minutes. Oh and whomever came up with the Wings Powerless Play should hang himself. These short handed goals are out of control and embarrasing.

PS Ericsson and Miller are terrible with the puck in their own zone and shouldn't be allowed to handle it there.

Edited by korrowan, 07 February 2012 - 12:32 AM.

#238 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 01:25 AM

I noticed franzen has become an unpopular player on this thread.(I should be a detective) Do you guys not remember what this guy can do in the playoffs? They are good enough that they don't really need him in the regular season, so who really cares if he's streaky.
I still love franzen and wouldn't mind going in to the playoffs with the team they have now (I wouldn't mind a better backup though)

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#239 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,261 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 01:58 AM

So sick of this damn team playing like crap against crappy teams. What is so hard about showing up for the first 40 minutes. Oh and whomever came up with the Wings Powerless Play should hang himself. These short handed goals are out of control and embarrasing.

PS Ericsson and Miller are terrible with the puck in their own zone and shouldn't be allowed to handle it there.

While I agree the PP is far from perfect, Miller has been one of the harder workers of late.

Edited by Rivalred, 07 February 2012 - 02:00 AM.

D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#240 j.hoop

j.hoop

i hate the flyers

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 02:38 AM

Not much to say really about that snoozefest of a game, but does anyone else here think Datsyuk is playing hurt? I have this bad feeling his wrist is causing him trouble again. The ice definitely was beyond awful tonight, but Pavel has just looked a little off lately controlling the puck and making his typical magic. I noticed Z took the faceoffs too when they were together on the powerplay and even Franzen was taking the draws on Pavel's line.

I hope it's nothing really, though it has caught my attention more than I want the past week.

i dont think datsyuk is/was playing hurt. i was at the game tonight, and the WHOLE team looked tired. every pass just seemed one step behind, every shot seemed just one second too late. you could tell this was the end of roadtrip with alot of travel. joey played a great game and kept them in it during the first half, and although he bit hard on the shorty he overall played a good game. the coyotes have been at home and it definitely showed. they are a subpar team that took advantage of a team with tired legs. 5/8 points is pretty decent for a western canada/u.s. roadtrip.

on a better note, i got to meet babcock and shake his hand tonight, what a down to earth guy.
“Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud.” - Sophocles
Posted Image

This just in, Stevie gives Canada the Order of Yzerman. Country bows and feels unworthy.