• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 mwagner468

mwagner468

Top Prospect

• Gold Booster
  • 55 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 12:56 AM

Which Nhl team would you most want the Redwings to get revenge on for a earlier series defeat?

I would love for the Wings to sweep the devils in the finals for payback from 1995.

#2 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 01:05 AM

- A Wings-Devils SCF rematch should have happened somewhere within the last decade. Too bad both teams had too many playoff early exits during the time.

I'd love to see us get revenge on SJ for the previous two playoff runs. The Wings would have defeated either of Chicago or Vancouver if SJ didn't f*** it up.

Playoff run this year should be

1st round- Calgary

2nd round- LA Kings

3rd round- SJ Sharks

SCF- New Jersey/Pittsbrugh

bringit.jpg

#3 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 01:07 AM

I remember as a kid when the Wings lost to SJ in (I think) '94. I was so disappointed.

I'm still a little in denial about '09 so I won't talk about that...
Posted Image

#4 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,556 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 01:10 AM

Oh definitely San Jose. For numerous reasons.
Posted Image

#5 8 Legged RedWing

8 Legged RedWing

Arms... Legs... Whatever.

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,276 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 01:11 AM

Yea let's be real. Nothing hurts in this world like '09. I want a rematch and revenge.

#6 mwagner468

mwagner468

Top Prospect

• Gold Booster
  • 55 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 01:29 AM

We were cheated out of 09 so I don't count that as a loss.

#7 arag

arag

1st Line Sniper

• HoF Booster
  • 751 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 04:55 AM

Crush everybody and get the cup !
Penguins in finals would be nice.
Go Wings !

#8 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,516 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:07 AM

I agree. In my book I consider that series to be marked with an asterisk indicating that the Wings really won it. Losing by a goal in Game 7, hitting the post with seconds to go, all while only playing on half cylinders? The Wings owned that series but couldn't score all of a sudden.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#9 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,873 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:15 AM

San Jose. Just because it was the most recent. I always want the team that got us last.

Pittsburgh is my next choice.

Aves is always nice for old times' sake.

#10 stinky fish taco

stinky fish taco

FEED ME NEGS

• Restricted
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:37 AM

cheated out of it?

uh, no.

Helm is a perennial Selke candidate

LOL

#11 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 09:20 AM

Game 3 (I think it was...) the refs gave them the win completely changing the series. I don't care what anyone says, the refs and by extension the league are who needs revenge on that one. We had control of that, and the NHL decided they wanted a longer series to showcase their precious Crosby and did not want an easy repeat for the Wings.

I totally will admit that we could have won game 7 if we played better, and the refs stayed out of that game... I still think that if you are going to play politics in a sports series, you might as well just have a one game playoff then. Momentum is dangerous thing to toy with.

BTW, why the hell hasn't Mr. Negative gotten the ban? I would have figured that with all the hate on him for being a troll and generally offensive, some mod would have removed him.

His name alone is offensive enough IMO.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#12 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,605 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 09:27 AM

Kudos to the OP for using the word "revenge" instead of "hate"; we don't want to be like St.Louis fans.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#13 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:00 AM

Good topic for Babs in the dressing room, because when you actually sit back and remember what happened it can start to piss you off. So tonite I would bring up the last game against the Oilers, and the time they beat us out of the playoffs a few years ago. That should get them going right off the draw.

Edit:SAN JOSE Posted Image

Edited by 13dangledangle, 08 February 2012 - 10:01 AM.

....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#14 drumnj

drumnj

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:58 AM

Ducks

2007 series was the most nail-biting, wild range of emotions and down right angering series the Wings have had in a long time. Never has a series had so much controversy, so many strange and unimaginable circumstances. The chippy-ness and unlucky/lucky bounces on top of some very questionable calls took years off of many Wings fans' lives (maybe some Ducks fans too). After that series ended you almost felt like kicking a puppy :P

2003 :no:

To a lesser extent, 2006 Oilers. Not that there's a need for revenge that much, just a epic collapse at the end that shouldn't have happened. Not to mention a pretty disheartening way for Yzerman to go out on.

Got FSD setup with all it's glory.  Plan to have pre and post game coverage along with Wingspan and 24/7.  Youtube page: RedWingsLive1

Red Wings and Griffins Live Games Check my profile
Always looking for people to help with the site, be it coding (PHP & JS) or design work. PM me if you'd be interested.

Cleary on, Mike!
Cleary on, Ken!
Dan's World, Dan's World... Mediocrity!... Excellent!

#15 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:05 AM

Revenge?

Marian Hossa, for choking us out of 2 cups in a row.

Nothing would delight me more than to see that team fail to Detroit in dominating fashion.

Posted Image

#16 Ram

Ram

Goose

• Bronze Booster
  • 757 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:11 AM

Sharks - should be #1 on everyone's list IMO, they have literally had the Wings' number the most recent playoffs.
Blackhawks - Hate 'em. Still biggest natural rival. Would love nothing more than to crush them in a playoff series.
Penguins - I almost literally need to immediately start consuming alcohol every time I even catch a glimpse of Crosby raising Lord Stanley at the Joe. Most gut wrenching heartbreak loss, but not as big as a rival because they are in the other conference.

"Hey @Datsyuk13 really bro? On my bday...cmonnnn.. Someone fix that ice in the corner.." - @logancouture

#17 T-Ruff

T-Ruff

BAMF

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,726 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:14 AM

I want Pittsburgh. Fully healthy, no excuses. That loss still stings, being up 2-0 and 3-2 and all the rest.

And beat the Sharks in the WCF!

Ducks
2007 series was the most nail-biting, wild range of emotions and down right angering series the Wings have had in a long time. Never has a series had so much controversy, so many strange and unimaginable circumstances. The chippy-ness and unlucky/lucky bounces on top of some very questionable calls took years off of many Wings fans' lives (maybe some Ducks fans too). After that series ended you almost felt like kicking a puppy :P

I used to think the Ducks but that series with a late go ahead goal in game 7 on a so-called controversial play with Cleary pushing it in through Hiller's pad (or was it Hiller then, whatever) was satisfactory. And winning the Cup the next year kind of made that BS series less of an issue.

Edited by T-Ruff, 08 February 2012 - 11:18 AM.

#18 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:25 AM

2009 no question, I still get sick to my stomach every time I see Crosby lifting that cup in the Joe.

People may say 95, but lets not forget the Wings were and up and coming team at that time and had to pay their dues like everyone else.

Ducks 2007 stings too, we had a death grip on that series and would have crushed the Sens.
You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#19 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,868 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:45 AM

I agree. In my book I consider that series to be marked with an asterisk indicating that the Wings really won it. Losing by a goal in Game 7, hitting the post with seconds to go, all while only playing on half cylinders? The Wings owned that series but couldn't score all of a sudden.

The Wings didn't own that series. they started strong and ran out of gas, and hence lost the series. They weren't cheated, they just lost in heartbreaking fashion.

Sorry guys, I can't believe I'm saying this, but I agree with stinky fish...

As infuriating as it would be at the time, the Pens would be a great rematch. Giving the Wings to chance to break the tie.

#20 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,868 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:53 AM

Game 3 (I think it was...) the refs gave them the win completely changing the series. I don't care what anyone says, the refs and by extension the league are who needs revenge on that one. We had control of that, and the NHL decided they wanted a longer series to showcase their precious Crosby and did not want an easy repeat for the Wings.

I totally will admit that we could have won game 7 if we played better, and the refs stayed out of that game... I still think that if you are going to play politics in a sports series, you might as well just have a one game playoff then. Momentum is dangerous thing to toy with.

BTW, why the hell hasn't Mr. Negative gotten the ban? I would have figured that with all the hate on him for being a troll and generally offensive, some mod would have removed him.

His name alone is offensive enough IMO.

He's not trolling in this case. It's a valid if unpopular opinion that I think happens to be right.