• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

mwagner468

Revenge

Rate this topic

Guest irishock

- A Wings-Devils SCF rematch should have happened somewhere within the last decade. Too bad both teams had too many playoff early exits during the time.

I'd love to see us get revenge on SJ for the previous two playoff runs. The Wings would have defeated either of Chicago or Vancouver if SJ didn't f*** it up.

Playoff run this year should be

1st round- Calgary

2nd round- LA Kings

3rd round- SJ Sharks

SCF- New Jersey/Pittsbrugh

We were cheated out of 09 so I don't count that as a loss.

I agree. In my book I consider that series to be marked with an asterisk indicating that the Wings really won it. Losing by a goal in Game 7, hitting the post with seconds to go, all while only playing on half cylinders? The Wings owned that series but couldn't score all of a sudden.

Game 3 (I think it was...) the refs gave them the win completely changing the series. I don't care what anyone says, the refs and by extension the league are who needs revenge on that one. We had control of that, and the NHL decided they wanted a longer series to showcase their precious Crosby and did not want an easy repeat for the Wings.

I totally will admit that we could have won game 7 if we played better, and the refs stayed out of that game... I still think that if you are going to play politics in a sports series, you might as well just have a one game playoff then. Momentum is dangerous thing to toy with.

BTW, why the hell hasn't Mr. Negative gotten the ban? I would have figured that with all the hate on him for being a troll and generally offensive, some mod would have removed him.

His name alone is offensive enough IMO.

Good topic for Babs in the dressing room, because when you actually sit back and remember what happened it can start to piss you off. So tonite I would bring up the last game against the Oilers, and the time they beat us out of the playoffs a few years ago. That should get them going right off the draw.

Edit:SAN JOSE exclamation.gif

Edited by 13dangledangle

Ducks

2007 series was the most nail-biting, wild range of emotions and down right angering series the Wings have had in a long time. Never has a series had so much controversy, so many strange and unimaginable circumstances. The chippy-ness and unlucky/lucky bounces on top of some very questionable calls took years off of many Wings fans' lives (maybe some Ducks fans too). After that series ended you almost felt like kicking a puppy :P

2003 :no:

To a lesser extent, 2006 Oilers. Not that there's a need for revenge that much, just a epic collapse at the end that shouldn't have happened. Not to mention a pretty disheartening way for Yzerman to go out on.

Sharks - should be #1 on everyone's list IMO, they have literally had the Wings' number the most recent playoffs.

Blackhawks - Hate 'em. Still biggest natural rival. Would love nothing more than to crush them in a playoff series.

Penguins - I almost literally need to immediately start consuming alcohol every time I even catch a glimpse of Crosby raising Lord Stanley at the Joe. Most gut wrenching heartbreak loss, but not as big as a rival because they are in the other conference.

I want Pittsburgh. Fully healthy, no excuses. That loss still stings, being up 2-0 and 3-2 and all the rest.

And beat the Sharks in the WCF!

Ducks

2007 series was the most nail-biting, wild range of emotions and down right angering series the Wings have had in a long time. Never has a series had so much controversy, so many strange and unimaginable circumstances. The chippy-ness and unlucky/lucky bounces on top of some very questionable calls took years off of many Wings fans' lives (maybe some Ducks fans too). After that series ended you almost felt like kicking a puppy :P

I used to think the Ducks but that series with a late go ahead goal in game 7 on a so-called controversial play with Cleary pushing it in through Hiller's pad (or was it Hiller then, whatever) was satisfactory. And winning the Cup the next year kind of made that BS series less of an issue.

Edited by T-Ruff

2009 no question, I still get sick to my stomach every time I see Crosby lifting that cup in the Joe.

People may say 95, but lets not forget the Wings were and up and coming team at that time and had to pay their dues like everyone else.

Ducks 2007 stings too, we had a death grip on that series and would have crushed the Sens.

I agree. In my book I consider that series to be marked with an asterisk indicating that the Wings really won it. Losing by a goal in Game 7, hitting the post with seconds to go, all while only playing on half cylinders? The Wings owned that series but couldn't score all of a sudden.

The Wings didn't own that series. they started strong and ran out of gas, and hence lost the series. They weren't cheated, they just lost in heartbreaking fashion.

Sorry guys, I can't believe I'm saying this, but I agree with stinky fish...

As infuriating as it would be at the time, the Pens would be a great rematch. Giving the Wings to chance to break the tie.

Game 3 (I think it was...) the refs gave them the win completely changing the series. I don't care what anyone says, the refs and by extension the league are who needs revenge on that one. We had control of that, and the NHL decided they wanted a longer series to showcase their precious Crosby and did not want an easy repeat for the Wings.

I totally will admit that we could have won game 7 if we played better, and the refs stayed out of that game... I still think that if you are going to play politics in a sports series, you might as well just have a one game playoff then. Momentum is dangerous thing to toy with.

BTW, why the hell hasn't Mr. Negative gotten the ban? I would have figured that with all the hate on him for being a troll and generally offensive, some mod would have removed him.

His name alone is offensive enough IMO.

He's not trolling in this case. It's a valid if unpopular opinion that I think happens to be right.

Revenge?

Marian Hossa, for choking us out of 2 cups in a row.

No s***.

While I will be the first to admit that shady reffing played a significant part in the 09 loss, one cannot forget the fact that Hossa played an equal part in the loss after falling into an apparant coma on us in the playoffs following his fantastic regular season that year.

San Jose, Pittsburgh, and Colorado (just for nostalgic purposes).

The way the West is shaping up this year its imperative that we win the central and come 1 or 2 in the conference.

This would likely set up the following first round matchups:

Detroit (1)

Colorado/Minnesota (8)

Vancouver (2)

LA (7)

San Jose (3)

Chicago (6)

St Louis (4)

Nashville (5)

It would really be nice to exercise the demon that in San Jose this year enroute to the cup. If the series starts and finishes at JLA I think this series could look completely different from the last 2 years in a hurry. Not to mention San Jose/Chicago and St Louis/Nashville would both end up being drawn out dogfights likely ending up with a few injuries on both emerging victors.

I don't hate Crosby like many on here seem to (Its a game... and he's possibly the best at it right now, why hate) but beating the Penguins 2 outta 3 would be a great feeling! Something about beating the Leafs would feel special too.

PITTSBURGH!

I was in disbelief until the next year's playoffs.

Crosby was SHUT DOWN the entire series!

Malkin really only showed up in games 3 and 4.

Pav didn't play until game 5.

Kronner with a post with 3 min left in a 2-1 game 7.

Max Talbot?! Jesus christ......

Not enough Mule, NO HOSS.

pure heartbreak.....

Edited by unsaddleddonald

Let me explain my reason for saying we were cheated in 09. I am not just a slappy that can't admit when another team is better. I am too lazy to go back and tell you what games this happened so I will just point out the facts. Malkin gets an instigator penalty in the last 5 minutes of game 2? Should have been by the rules automatic one game suspension. Was it? Hell no!!!! At least the NBA holds to its rules of If you leave the bench during a fight automatic suspension. It seems as if Bettman's rules only apply if it will help the team he wants to win.

Pittsburg with an extra man on the ice for a full minute. ( I forgot which game this was) was it called no!!!!

Finally if you remember Detroit wrapped up their wcf series early and the Stanley cup finals were slated to start a week later per the Nhl schedule. However, Bettman knowing the Wings were banged up, started the series a WEEK before they were slated to start.

What happened eventually? yes the Wings ran out of gas. I really fkn hate Bettman.