• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

mwagner468

Revenge

Rate this topic

Guest stinky fish taco

Let me explain my reason for saying we were cheated in 09. I am not just a slappy that can't admit when another team is better. I am too lazy to go back and tell you what games this happened so I will just point out the facts. Malkin gets an instigator penalty in the last 5 minutes of game 2? Should have been by the rules automatic one game suspension. Was it? Hell no!!!! At least the NBA holds to its rules of If you leave the bench during a fight automatic suspension. It seems as if Bettman's rules only apply if it will help the team he wants to win.

Pittsburg with an extra man on the ice for a full minute. ( I forgot which game this was) was it called no!!!!

Finally if you remember Detroit wrapped up their wcf series early and the Stanley cup finals were slated to start a week later per the Nhl schedule. However, Bettman knowing the Wings were banged up, started the series a WEEK before they were slated to start.

What happened eventually? yes the Wings ran out of gas. I really fkn hate Bettman.

they didn't deserve to win the series. those are just excuses.

First one that comes to mind is SJ because until we beat them in a series, I won't be satisfied. It's like when Chicago won in 2010, I didn't really care because they didn't go through the Wings to do it. Sure they won it, but they didn't beat the best on the way. Of course, I want that tie breaker against the Pens, but I also don't want the Pens to ever win another game, much less make the SCF. And for the record, it was Staal's SH goal (game 3?) that changed that series. If Pasha's foot wasn't broken we would have won that series too, hands down. I'm glad he played game 5, it was my first Wings game, and one hell of a game to boot. Don't forget Zetterberg hit the crossbar with a few minutes left in game 7 too. Okay, now I'm done reliving that nightmare.

Let me explain my reason for saying we were cheated in 09. I am not just a slappy that can't admit when another team is better. I am too lazy to go back and tell you what games this happened so I will just point out the facts. Malkin gets an instigator penalty in the last 5 minutes of game 2? Should have been by the rules automatic one game suspension. Was it? Hell no!!!! At least the NBA holds to its rules of If you leave the bench during a fight automatic suspension. It seems as if Bettman's rules only apply if it will help the team he wants to win.

Pittsburg with an extra man on the ice for a full minute. ( I forgot which game this was) was it called no!!!!

Finally if you remember Detroit wrapped up their wcf series early and the Stanley cup finals were slated to start a week later per the Nhl schedule. However, Bettman knowing the Wings were banged up, started the series a WEEK before they were slated to start.

What happened eventually? yes the Wings ran out of gas. I really fkn hate Bettman.

So the Wings were robbed because they needed one of the Pens best players to be suspended for them to win? Or because they had to play the series early just like the Pens did?

I think it was game 1 in 09 Osgood had a puck sitting on his back that was covered in the crease by zetterberg and the Wings got away with it. If the Pens score on the penalty shot they should've been awarded, they're back in that game. Maybe they take game 1 and the series goes a whole different way. Who knows though because that's the breaks. It's not fair to cherrypick the few breaks the Pens got, as if those were the only significant tipping points in the series.

There's breaks and bounces in all series. Short of what happened to Buffalo in 99, no call really determines a series.

When the Wings won the Cup in 08 they were fortunate enough to stay healthy throughout the playoffs. I think that's the year they played the Avs who were decimated by injuries. That's just how the game goes.

It was a heartbreaking loss for sure. But the Wings weren't robbed. They got beat by a healthier younger team who had learned from losing in the Finals the year before.

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

revenge against teams in this years playofss would be sweet

Round 1 - beat the kings 4 games to 2 like they did to them in 2001

Round 2 - beat the flames 4 games to 2 like they did to them in 2004

Round 3 - beat the sharks 4 games to 1 like they did to them in 2010

Stanley cup final - either beat the Pens in 7 or sweep the Devils :)

Haha. I don't know if life works out that way unless you just constantly adopt an aura of vengefulness like Michael Jordan.

I want revenge against Montreal for the '66 Finals.

:ranting:

We got our revenge against the Flames in 2007.

Guest irishock

San Jose, Pittsburgh, and Colorado (just for nostalgic purposes).

The way the West is shaping up this year its imperative that we win the central and come 1 or 2 in the conference.

This would likely set up the following first round matchups:

Detroit (1)

Colorado/Minnesota (8)

Vancouver (2)

LA (7)

San Jose (3)

Chicago (6)

St Louis (4)

Nashville (5)

It would really be nice to exercise the demon that in San Jose this year enroute to the cup. If the series starts and finishes at JLA I think this series could look completely different from the last 2 years in a hurry. Not to mention San Jose/Chicago and St Louis/Nashville would both end up being drawn out dogfights likely ending up with a few injuries on both emerging victors.

I'd guarantee you Chicago beats San Jose. They always own the Sharks and same with the Canucks.

I can totally understand y'all wanting to get back at Pittsburgh. After we take care of San Jose, that would be a good one to get revenge on...he who shall not be named (who makes my dog growl profusely, by the way) deserves to be taken down a few pegs on the ego scale.

Ducks

2007 series was the most nail-biting, wild range of emotions and down right angering series the Wings have had in a long time. Never has a series had so much controversy, so many strange and unimaginable circumstances. The chippy-ness and unlucky/lucky bounces on top of some very questionable calls took years off of many Wings fans' lives (maybe some Ducks fans too). After that series ended you almost felt like kicking a puppy :P

I can understand wanting to get back at Pittsburgh. At the same time, I feel like the Wings don't really have anything to prove against the Pens. My perception was that the Wings were still regarded as the better team among many viewers after both years.

The biggest itch for me right now is San Jose.

And I still wish the Wings could just steamroll Anaheim a couple times in the playoffs to heal some old wounds but you'd have to get Pronger, Kunitz and them back on the team.

I used to think the Ducks but that series with a late go ahead goal in game 7 on a so-called controversial play with Cleary pushing it in through Hiller's pad (or was it Hiller then, whatever) was satisfactory. And winning the Cup the next year kind of made that BS series less of an issue.

That Cleary goal was from 2009. 2007, was the year of the injured defensemen.

I want revenge against Montreal for the '66 Finals.

:ranting:

You may laugh at that, but I was 10 years old at the time. You don't have any idea how long the next 29 years was, just to get back to the finals, only to be swept. I actually cried, I was that bummed out. When we won in 97, I was so overjoyed, I nearly drank myself to death celebrating that evening. And I was a seasoned pro at the time. There was like a 5 day hangover after that. All of that damn champagne.

Sharks - should be #1 on everyone's list IMO, they have literally had the Wings' number the most recent playoffs.

Blackhawks - Hate 'em. Still biggest natural rival. Would love nothing more than to crush them in a playoff series.

Penguins - I almost literally need to immediately start consuming alcohol every time I even catch a glimpse of Crosby raising Lord Stanley at the Joe. Most gut wrenching heartbreak loss, but not as big as a rival because they are in the other conference.

I still have not seen that. I hope I never do.

Which Nhl team would you most want the Redwings to get revenge on for a earlier series defeat?

I would love for the Wings to sweep the devils in the finals for payback from 1995.

Probably Pittsburgh because it is more recent (and more primarily that in the recent past they have often been shoved down our throats constantly when we don't ask or need to hear about them as opposed to us playing them in the Finals two years in a row).

If you go by they beat us the last time, I perfect get that and obviously and probably the top reason, but I don't like getting into heated/hate rivalries all that much. While the loss sucks (and I'm sure Pitt fans felt the same way the year before), it has more with my favorite team losing than the other team winning.

Since we are talking about other teams with rivalries, San Jose perhaps, but I don't really think about them much one way or the other.

And in terms of other rivalries we had in general (not so much talking in terms of revenge), the Avalanche rivalry is all but done now with all the names from the late 90s/early 00s passing. St Louis and Chicago I always enjoy beating, but moreso because we beat the team in the same division, not really because of fans or sticking it to anybody or things like that. I don't get into the rivalries as much partially because I'm not from the areas and probably don't experience either sets of fans.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

That Cleary goal was from 2009. 2007, was the year of the injured defensemen.

I know, I was saying Cleary getting that goal on them in 2009 to end the 7 game series was satisfactory revenge as far as the Ducks are concerned