• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Majsheppard

Operation Dumbo Drop.

Rate this topic

Just do like we do in Dallas and get louder than the Stars' fans when they try to start a chant.

"...and the rocket's RED glare..."

I have done things and promised things that none of you need to hear about to get ticket information.

If you'd go to such lengths just for ticket information, I shudder to think of what you'd do to get the actual tickets... You might be my best bet for an extra pair then... :lol:

*ahem*

1726009-shut_up_and_take_my_money_super.jpg

This. I would definitely like to get in line for any tickets that our community scores. I would be in for 3 and would even throw in a little extra to show appreciation. Hopefully I can leverage my namesake to get tickets and/or autographs. In that case, I would offer those up.

I wish I could say that if I get tickets I'll be able to pass them on to you all. But I can think of 30 people I know that will easily take extra tickets of my hands.

Hopefully we can make this happen though.

Just talked to a lady in the ticketing office. She explained to me how the tickets will be sold.

1.) DRW and TML season ticket holders get first dibs.

2.) DRW and TML half-season ticket holders get second dibs.

3.) Then all remaining tickets will be sold via lottery through the NHL.

Granted she was trying to sell me a season ticket package for next season, it sounds like this is going to be how it happens.

I really wish they would make it easier for DRW fans to attend as it is our event, and not leave it up to luck. When they have it in TO they can snub wings fans, but not this year. Not fair.

That's what I always thought was stupid, I always saw contests on NHL.com where you could 'win' a 'chance' to 'buy' tickets. Some contest. FWIW, there will be some on stub hub for sure. How much they will be is anyone's guess. This year's WC you could buy tickets on SH for around $300, my sister-in-law was looking just to see.

If I lived anywhere near Detroit I would already have season tickets, or at least buy them to get access to WC tickets.

Just talked to a lady in the ticketing office. She explained to me how the tickets will be sold.

1.) DRW and TML season ticket holders get first dibs.

2.) DRW and TML half-season ticket holders get second dibs.

3.) Then all remaining tickets will be sold via lottery through the NHL.

Nice to the the hosts, the UofM folks, getting some love from the NHL. If this scenario is the way it's going to take place, I believe there will be a lot of upset people on this forum.

Also, if this years WC is any indication, season ticket holders for both the Red Wings and Leafs will be forced to purchase tickets to all other events (alumni/OHL/AHL/etc). Which means that even if you didn't get tickets to the WC and just wanted to see the other events, availability will greatly decline.

Edited by Esquire

Oh yeah I forgot that the seats won't be close to the ice. Damn. If the catapult doesn't work out maybe we can get plane to drop them.

water balloon launcher. compact, easily hideable, will shoot a couple hundred feet

I hope every event gets sold out even the OHL games, every person we can get comming to downtown detroit is huge for this city.

oh and we simply cant allow any sort of go leafs chants to occur.

i can see the ohl games being sold out, the ncaa ones though maybe not

I have very little hope of getting to see this, it seems like they don't care that people scalpe these tickets.

Oh America. Where if you are poor you are worthless. I was really hoping they were going to give our state the first crack. This lottery just means scalped tickets, which means I won't be able to afford this.

Quit freaking out, it won't be as bad as everyone is making it out to be.

Sadly it may not be freaking out as much as a reality. This happens all the time to sporting events and concerts. The scalpers manage to get a hold of so many tickets that those of us that have to budget our money can't even dream of paying for it.

I remember trying to see about tickets when they played in Chicago and I had no luck...I wasn't even that serious about going but if I found a deal I would have.

Sadly it may not be freaking out as much as a reality. This happens all the time to sporting events and concerts. The scalpers manage to get a hold of so many tickets that those of us that have to budget our money can't even dream of paying for it.

I remember trying to see about tickets when they played in Chicago and I had no luck...I wasn't even that serious about going but if I found a deal I would have.

Honest to God, you are so right.

What the hell happened to the laws against this?!?!?!

I am more than willing to pay 100 bucks for this game. That is excessive and yet I would pay it gladly. The way they decided to do the ticket sales ensures that there will be no less than 20k worth of tickets sitting on stub hub going for 1k each. Now I highly doubt the majority of these folks get much more than 350 for the tickets, but still that is so wrong. I secretly am praying that some psychopath snaps and hunts down every scalper stealing their tickets and maybe more, then just throwing them off the bleachers at Comerica for all the real fans to have.