• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Majsheppard

Operation Dumbo Drop.

Rate this topic

I have to budget my money as well, but if it's in the realm of possibility for me to manage to get a ticket and make it up to Detroit, I'm doing it. Do I wish they were going to put tickets on sale like normal? Absolutely. You have to realize that if there is a high profile event like this, you are going to have to pay to go, and probably more than $100. I would expect tickets to be a minimum of $100. I bought tickets to game 5 of the SCF in 09, sat in section 204, by myself, and paid $300 for that one ticket which I bought directly from Ticketmaster at face value. I also needed a $500 plane ticket to make it up there as well. I spent a grand to see one hockey game. I wanted to go and I had to pay for it, but I went and had the time of my life.

There will be tickets and yes I understand it sucks to pay more than face value, but if that's what it comes down to, I'll do it. How do you even know the scalpers will end up with all the tickets in the lottery? They're chances are just as good as yours, technically. If you're so worried about it, buy season tickets and you will get first stab at them. I wish I lived in Detroit, I'd already have season tickets, bar none. My point is, if you want to go, you can.

I have to budget my money as well, but if it's in the realm of possibility for me to manage to get a ticket and make it up to Detroit, I'm doing it. Do I wish they were going to put tickets on sale like normal? Absolutely. You have to realize that if there is a high profile event like this, you are going to have to pay to go, and probably more than $100. I would expect tickets to be a minimum of $100. I bought tickets to game 5 of the SCF in 09, sat in section 204, by myself, and paid $300 for that one ticket which I bought directly from Ticketmaster at face value. I also needed a $500 plane ticket to make it up there as well. I spent a grand to see one hockey game. I wanted to go and I had to pay for it, but I went and had the time of my life.

There will be tickets and yes I understand it sucks to pay more than face value, but if that's what it comes down to, I'll do it. How do you even know the scalpers will end up with all the tickets in the lottery? They're chances are just as good as yours, technically. If you're so worried about it, buy season tickets and you will get first stab at them. I wish I lived in Detroit, I'd already have season tickets, bar none. My point is, if you want to go, you can.

Good for you.

I however live in Metro Detroit area, and have no job. I haven't for the entire time since I graduated from college. It would have been nice if the NHL realized this is somewhat common in the area. That is all.

I am more than willing to pay 100 bucks for this game. That is excessive and yet I would pay it gladly. The way they decided to do the ticket sales ensures that there will be no less than 20k worth of tickets sitting on stub hub going for 1k each. Now I highly doubt the majority of these folks get much more than 350 for the tickets, but still that is so wrong. I secretly am praying that some psychopath snaps and hunts down every scalper stealing their tickets and maybe more, then just throwing them off the bleachers at Comerica for all the real fans to have.

I can't even imagine getting in the door for less than $100. I am fully prepared to spend $900 for the 3 tickets I want.

Good for you.

I however live in Metro Detroit area, and have no job. I haven't for the entire time since I graduated from college. It would have been nice if the NHL realized this is somewhat common in the area. That is all.

I realize Detroit and surrounding areas are going through some hard times, but they are not going to sell tickets for less and ensure you get one because you are unemployed and can't afford to go. This is absolutely none of my business and I am not trying to lecture you, but if times are that hard, maybe attending the WC should be the least of your priorities. I wish you the best of luck in making it happen.

Guest aaronstan16

I found this while looking through the website Chris Illitch mentioned during the announcement

This is the website with ticket info and seating layout that was linked in the www.2013winterclassic.com site.

Some places have no ticket information yet, but some do, like this site. Is it at all reliable?

Edited by aaronstan16

I found this while looking through the website Chris Illitch mentioned during the announcement

This is the website with ticket info and seating layout that was linked in the www.2013winterclassic.com site.

Some places have no ticket information yet, but some do, like this site. Is it at all reliable?

I don't see how that place can be selling tickets for an event that was announced yesterday and is presumptively not on sale yet. Plus, it doesn't adhere to the season ticket holder first and then lottery system as anticipated. I don't know anything about that site, but I would say don't buy anything from them. Then again, it is linked from the 2013winterclassic.com site. I have no idea.

$3200 for section A. LOL.

Edited by rrasco

I don't see how that place can be selling tickets for an event that was announced yesterday and is presumptively not on sale yet. Plus, it doesn't adhere to the season ticket holder first and then lottery system as anticipated. I don't know anything about that site, but I would say don't buy anything from them. Then again, it is linked from the 2013winterclassic.com site. I have no idea.

$3200 for section A. LOL.

Scalpers

That site, along with www.2013winterclassic.com are not official NHL, Detroit Red Wings, or Toronto Maple Leafs sites. They are both ticket broker websites.

Edited by juiceman

Guest aaronstan16

What's interesting is Chris Ilitch gave that URL during the official presser.

That's why I thought it was reputable. Unless he meant the Red Wings Winter Classic website.

What's interesting is Chris Ilitch gave that URL during the official presser.

Yeah, and if the league is complacent with this sort of bulls*** where people are going to scalpe the hell out of tickets... then there is much wrong with the Winter Classic system.

That's why I thought it was reputable. Unless he meant the Red Wings Winter Classic website.

pretty sure he meant the red wings winter classic website

if you look at the bottom of that page it says

" We are not affiliated with the Winter Classic or any box office, venue, sponsor, performer, or other organization"

Wow if 300 bucks are the cheapest you can get I guess I'm going to have to sit this one out. God damn it's hurts so much but I know I can't afford it. And neither can my friends.

Oh well we can still go to a bar in ann arbor and just get plastered during the game. It's almost as good.... right?

I got an email saying that I might get an email saying I might get an email about buying tickets at some point if I jumped through some hoops. This is run so well...

Did it link to the DRW's 2013 Winter Classic section of their site? I got one like that, but it didn't say much, but go there to stay connected.

I see someone on Craigslist is selling tickets already for the game. He dosen't have them in hand of course but he will. I want to know how he is able to do that? is there season ticket holders already selling there seats for the game to these people? I just want 2 tickets for my wife and I.

I was just talking to a season ticket holder and she didn't have any info on tickets just yet. Maybe some of them are getting info at different times. I wouldn't buy anything from someone on craigslist unless they have actual tickets and can tell you where the seats are.

I would really like to get some tickets too.

If the Big House sells out before non-season ticket holders get a chance to buy tickets, I'll be floored.

I'm going to that damn game.

Right there with ya. I think if you have $300, you'll be able to get in. Even if I don't get in, bet your ass I'll be outside.