• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Majsheppard

Operation Dumbo Drop.

Rate this topic

John Collins let out a little ticket info in his latest interview with that ****** over at Yahoo...

Have tickets gone on sale yet?

The clubs' [tickets] are going on sale in the next couple of weeks. The demand from sponsors is huge — at least twice as big as any previous Winter Classic. The demand from the clubs is off the charts. Everyone's calling the Detroit box office and the Toronto box office. So we're trying to figure out how many tickets the teams need or can use, and how many we can get into the general marketplace.

It's feeling as tight as Citizen's Bank was, to be honest.

http://sports.yahoo....-163707006.html

Great! so anyone with connections to the team and sponsors will get tickets and the rest of us have to fight for what's left. I am sure those with priority aren't going to be limited to the number of tickets and yes I know there are 100,000 seats. I hate when there is such a frenzy for event tickets because that just make the costs go up thanks to the "re-sellers" that want to may a 200%+ profit on them.

That said...thank you for the update and I hope we get some news about when they will be available to the general public soon.

Hey guys I haven't seen any activity on here in a while and this is actually my first post. But, I wanted to say that I was able to buy 4 tickets to the Winter Classic and 4 tickets to the GLI for my wife and I. The other 2 tickets for the GLI are already spoken for, but I am looking for someone to buy my other 2 tickets to the Winter Classic. Don't know what others are seeing through Ticketmaster when they buy their's, but here is what it cost me:

2013 NHL Winter Classic

01/01/13

Section 30, Row 83

Seat 28 Season Ticket Offer US $169.00

Seat 29 Season Ticket Offer US $169.00

Seat 30 Season Ticket Offer US $169.00

Seat 31 Season Ticket Offer US $169.00

Great Lakes Invitational

12/27/12

Section 341, Row 3

Seat 8 Season Ticket Offer US $38.00

Seat 9 Season Ticket Offer US $38.00

Seat 10 Season Ticket Offer US $38.00

Seat 11 Season Ticket Offer US $38.00

At first, I was like "hey, not bad pricing", but then upon checkout I am hit with the $80/ticket for a "service fee" through Ticketmaster. Kind of pissed me off, but it's the Winter Classic!!

So basically, I am selling 2 Winter Classic tickets for $250 each. Let me know if you would like them. Ticketmaster says I will receive the tickets on or around December 1st. You can pay a deposit on them until you can see real pictures of the actual tickets when I get them in the mail.

Thanks and have a good night!

P.S. You have to email me a picture of your Red Wings jersey before you can buy them, I'm not sitting next to some Leafs fans...

Edited by detredwinger85

Hoping that I can find some info soon as to IF/when I could POSSIBLY purchase winter classic tix for 2014. Honestly, well aware this is going to be near impossible, and it will probably cost an arm and a leg. If that's the case, consider me one lucky bankrupt, peg legged SOB.

If anyone knows of any info in the upcoming months, pleeeeaaasse make a post on this thread.

Sorry about the title, but I thought it might make it easier to find this thread down the line.

I was reading about the Big House Winter classic again, when I read that it might be hard to impossible to get tickets for the thing if you are not a season ticket holder.

This seems absurd to me due to the size of the stadium, but I know tickets will be hard to get so...

I thought our community could be used to help us all out. Enter Operation Dumbo Drop.

I say we use this thread to post updates of when tickets will go on sale. We can try to help each other get in line for the precious tickets and make sure that Wings fans are the first to get the few their are to get. I say we find out the maximum amount of tickets we can buy as well and try to buy the maximum and come here to sell the tickets back at FACE VALUE! Let's not get greedy trying to make money off of each other. Sell them at 10x the price to a Leafs fan, but try and make the priority to get people from here on.

In short, we should try to get as many of the die hard fans in for this once in a lifetime event. Also try and get us in to all of the other events at Comerica as well.

What say you?

just do what I will do. go to bordercitytickets.com stubhub.com or others like that and get tickets (usually i find them under face value as well)

I received my purchase code and ticket purchase time frame today. Window is today through Tuesday. PM me if you want to use it. First come, first served.

Is the code tied directly to your ticketmaster account though? I received my code and was given that impression.

I don't have a Ticketmaster account.

I have a regular ticket master account, but I think if you signed up for WC alerts they created you a TM Red Wings STH account. That's pretty much what happened to me.

If you can login here, I believe you have a STH account. While I wish I did, I certainly don't have season tickets.

https://oss.ticketmaster.com/html/home.htmI?team=redwings

Nope, can't sign in. :) I'm shocked, shocked I tell you that no one wants to use my code. Either the luster has worn off or it's bad timing for everybody.

I'm thinking about it... is it only good for one ticket? My buddies and I are trying to go to the game, but I want to make sure that we can sit next to each other.

The code is a one-time use code that is good for up to four tickets. You would also have to purchase tickets to one of the sessions of the GLI. If you had signed up through the Red Wings or Maple Leafs for ticket updates, then they should have sent you an e-mail with your account number & purchase window. You don't have to be an STH in order to get this, I believe they had their purchase opportunity earlier.

The nice thing about the tickets this time is that they opened pretty much all of the sections at Michigan Stadium for purchase. Last year, people that had these codes could only get seats in the end-zones, nothing along the sides, or up in the club seats.

Nope, can't sign in. :) I'm shocked, shocked I tell you that no one wants to use my code. Either the luster has worn off or it's bad timing for everybody.

Hey Vladdy... if it is still available, I'd like a crack at your code. The brothers and I have been talking about going and this could obviously help!

Thanks either way!