• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Majsheppard

Operation Dumbo Drop.

Rate this topic

Sorry about the title, but I thought it might make it easier to find this thread down the line.

I was reading about the Big House Winter classic again, when I read that it might be hard to impossible to get tickets for the thing if you are not a season ticket holder.

This seems absurd to me due to the size of the stadium, but I know tickets will be hard to get so...

I thought our community could be used to help us all out. Enter Operation Dumbo Drop.

I say we use this thread to post updates of when tickets will go on sale. We can try to help each other get in line for the precious tickets and make sure that Wings fans are the first to get the few their are to get. I say we find out the maximum amount of tickets we can buy as well and try to buy the maximum and come here to sell the tickets back at FACE VALUE! Let's not get greedy trying to make money off of each other. Sell them at 10x the price to a Leafs fan, but try and make the priority to get people from here on.

In short, we should try to get as many of the die hard fans in for this once in a lifetime event. Also try and get us in to all of the other events at Comerica as well.

What say you?

I think this is an awesome idea, never mind the title. :)

I am in charge of getting tickets for 5 people for sure. If I score more than that, they will be offered up here, definitely at face value. I think it's criminal to make money off of members of our community. If I can point people in the right direction for tickets, it will be posted here. It probably seems insanely early to those outside of Wings or Leafs territory, but this game is going to be epic no matter what the score. I know I'll do whatever I have to so as not to miss this one.

I think this is an awesome idea, never mind the title. :)

I am in charge of getting tickets for 5 people for sure. If I score more than that, they will be offered up here, definitely at face value. I think it's criminal to make money off of members of our community. If I can point people in the right direction for tickets, it will be posted here. It probably seems insanely early to those outside of Wings or Leafs territory, but this game is going to be epic no matter what the score. I know I'll do whatever I have to so as not to miss this one.

Thanks! Yeah, I figure they prob will not allow you to buy many. usually something like four max. I will try for the max, but will be happy with one for myself. I figure there are many like me so why not try to buy the most and give them to others at face. 100 bucks doesn't bother me, but some jerk buying it at 100 and trying to get 1k does. Let's not be those people.

Makes no sense to have very little tickets available if you are not a season ticket holder. There are what 21,000 seats in the Joe? Even if they were all filled by season ticket holders, that still leave about 90,000 tickets available. If you maybe count the season ticket holders from Toronto that would knock about 25,000 more off, leaving approx. 65,000. IF you save half of those for Toronto fans that still leaves us 32,500 tickets...I just don't understand why someone would report that it will be hard to get tickets unless you are a season ticket holder...

Makes no sense to have very little tickets available if you are not a season ticket holder. There are what 21,000 seats in the Joe? Even if they were all filled by season ticket holders, that still leave about 90,000 tickets available. If you maybe count the season ticket holders from Toronto that would knock about 25,000 more off, leaving approx. 65,000. IF you save half of those for Toronto fans that still leaves us 32,500 tickets...I just don't understand why someone would report that it will be hard to get tickets unless you are a season ticket holder...

I'm not exactly knowledgeable about this but I'd venture a guess this is because season ticket holders get first pick on tickets and they're allowed to purchase more than one. Therefore a lot of them will be hoarding as many tickets as they can with the express purpose of netting a lot by reselling for 10x value later.

My fiance and I are planning on making the trip to Detroit all the way from Montana so I will defintely keep an eye of this thread to find out information. It would be the first NHL game for both of us so I can only imagine the feeling.

Some info from Bob McKenzie via Twitter:

Winter Classic on Jan. 1, 2013, will be DET-TOR at Univ of Michigan (The Big House) but it's the only event being held there.

Outdoor rink at Comerica Park in downtown Detroit will be site of a weeklong Hockeytown Fan Fest, so to speak. Events there will include:

[Four] GLI NCAA college games, Marlies vs Griffins AHL game and OHL doubleheader with PLY vs LDN and SAG vs WDR, plus high school/youth games.

Marquee event for Comerica on Dec. 31 will be Legends/Alumni game between ex-Leafs and ex-Wings. Then it's off to Big House on Jan. 1.

NHL may need to clone icemaker Dan Craig. Biggest challenge will maintaining ice quality at Comerica with all that usage. Good luck, Dan-o.

Edited by Tim.D

Great idea, works for me. I too have been put in charge of getting several tickets, 8 so far. Hopefully season tickets holders are allotted only so many, then non-season ticket holders. And if any are remaining after a certain time, they re-offer additional to the season ticket holders. Thats what they do for baseball playoffs and season openers, hockey is similar in some arenas.

Great idea, works for me. I too have been put in charge of getting several tickets, 8 so far. Hopefully season tickets holders are allotted only so many, then non-season ticket holders. And if any are remaining after a certain time, they re-offer additional to the season ticket holders. Thats what they do for baseball playoffs and season openers, hockey is similar in some arenas.

Hoping the season ticket holders get many and spread them around the Wings fans.

Would love to be able to go. it'd definitely be worth the trip up from San Diego, even though I'd probably freeze to death.

Already have a friend who goes to U of M looking into getting tickets, so hopefully that works.

Student at UofM here (I don't know if that will help at all) but i'm definitely planning on getting tickets and will let you all know when/if I find anything out! By the way, this is a great idea...This will be the only time I hope the Big House is flooded completely in red =)

Great idea for a thread, and I love the idea of the easy-to-search-for-title. A+.

Count me in as someone needing help acquiring tickets. I'll need at least 2, maybe 4 at most depending on if I can convince friends from California to go.

Can't wait!

I'm not worried about it. If I was able to get tickets to the SCF in 09 then this shouldn't be a problem. The only issue is that I have never heard of WC tickets actually going on sale in prior years. Then again, I never really cared either. I'll be going, no matter the cost, but it would be nice to have extra beer money.

I hope every event gets sold out even the OHL games, every person we can get comming to downtown detroit is huge for this city.

oh and we simply cant allow any sort of go leafs chants to occur.

Edited by wings1110

I hope every event gets sold out even the OHL games, every person we can get comming to downtown detroit is huge for this city.

oh and we simply cant allow any sort of go leafs chants to occur.

Just do like we do in Dallas and get louder than the Stars' fans when they try to start a chant.