90 replies to this topic

#41 wings1110

wings1110

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 02:24 PM

Pack a catapult.

one of those water balloon slingshots? we gotta come up with something for sure!!

#42 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 02:25 PM

Oh yeah I forgot that the seats won't be close to the ice. Damn. If the catapult doesn't work out maybe we can get plane to drop them.

water balloon launcher. compact, easily hideable, will shoot a couple hundred feet
Crosby is a crybaby *****

#43 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 03:02 PM

Oh yeah I forgot that the seats won't be close to the ice. Damn. If the catapult doesn't work out maybe we can get plane to drop them.

During the fly by before the game :P

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#44 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 05:29 PM

I hope every event gets sold out even the OHL games, every person we can get comming to downtown detroit is huge for this city.

oh and we simply cant allow any sort of go leafs chants to occur.

i can see the ohl games being sold out, the ncaa ones though maybe not
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#45 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 01:42 AM

I have very little hope of getting to see this, it seems like they don't care that people scalpe these tickets.

Oh America. Where if you are poor you are worthless. I was really hoping they were going to give our state the first crack. This lottery just means scalped tickets, which means I won't be able to afford this.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#46 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,124 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:07 AM

Quit freaking out, it won't be as bad as everyone is making it out to be.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#47 Danielsm

Danielsm

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 11:40 AM

I live near Toronto and will obviously be going for the Wings!
Help a brother out, I need 4 tickets :D

#48 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,086 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 11:48 AM

this thread is why i love this community. go wings!

#49 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 12:53 PM

Quit freaking out, it won't be as bad as everyone is making it out to be.

Sadly it may not be freaking out as much as a reality. This happens all the time to sporting events and concerts. The scalpers manage to get a hold of so many tickets that those of us that have to budget our money can't even dream of paying for it.

I remember trying to see about tickets when they played in Chicago and I had no luck...I wasn't even that serious about going but if I found a deal I would have.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#50 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 01:52 PM

Sadly it may not be freaking out as much as a reality. This happens all the time to sporting events and concerts. The scalpers manage to get a hold of so many tickets that those of us that have to budget our money can't even dream of paying for it.

I remember trying to see about tickets when they played in Chicago and I had no luck...I wasn't even that serious about going but if I found a deal I would have.

Honest to God, you are so right.

What the hell happened to the laws against this?!?!?!

I am more than willing to pay 100 bucks for this game. That is excessive and yet I would pay it gladly. The way they decided to do the ticket sales ensures that there will be no less than 20k worth of tickets sitting on stub hub going for 1k each. Now I highly doubt the majority of these folks get much more than 350 for the tickets, but still that is so wrong. I secretly am praying that some psychopath snaps and hunts down every scalper stealing their tickets and maybe more, then just throwing them off the bleachers at Comerica for all the real fans to have.

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#51 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,124 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 02:23 PM

I have to budget my money as well, but if it's in the realm of possibility for me to manage to get a ticket and make it up to Detroit, I'm doing it. Do I wish they were going to put tickets on sale like normal? Absolutely. You have to realize that if there is a high profile event like this, you are going to have to pay to go, and probably more than $100. I would expect tickets to be a minimum of $100. I bought tickets to game 5 of the SCF in 09, sat in section 204, by myself, and paid $300 for that one ticket which I bought directly from Ticketmaster at face value. I also needed a $500 plane ticket to make it up there as well. I spent a grand to see one hockey game. I wanted to go and I had to pay for it, but I went and had the time of my life.

There will be tickets and yes I understand it sucks to pay more than face value, but if that's what it comes down to, I'll do it. How do you even know the scalpers will end up with all the tickets in the lottery? They're chances are just as good as yours, technically. If you're so worried about it, buy season tickets and you will get first stab at them. I wish I lived in Detroit, I'd already have season tickets, bar none. My point is, if you want to go, you can.

#52 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 03:24 PM

I have to budget my money as well, but if it's in the realm of possibility for me to manage to get a ticket and make it up to Detroit, I'm doing it. Do I wish they were going to put tickets on sale like normal? Absolutely. You have to realize that if there is a high profile event like this, you are going to have to pay to go, and probably more than $100. I would expect tickets to be a minimum of $100. I bought tickets to game 5 of the SCF in 09, sat in section 204, by myself, and paid $300 for that one ticket which I bought directly from Ticketmaster at face value. I also needed a $500 plane ticket to make it up there as well. I spent a grand to see one hockey game. I wanted to go and I had to pay for it, but I went and had the time of my life.

There will be tickets and yes I understand it sucks to pay more than face value, but if that's what it comes down to, I'll do it. How do you even know the scalpers will end up with all the tickets in the lottery? They're chances are just as good as yours, technically. If you're so worried about it, buy season tickets and you will get first stab at them. I wish I lived in Detroit, I'd already have season tickets, bar none. My point is, if you want to go, you can.

Good for you.

I however live in Metro Detroit area, and have no job. I haven't for the entire time since I graduated from college. It would have been nice if the NHL realized this is somewhat common in the area. That is all.

#53 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 03:33 PM

I am more than willing to pay 100 bucks for this game. That is excessive and yet I would pay it gladly. The way they decided to do the ticket sales ensures that there will be no less than 20k worth of tickets sitting on stub hub going for 1k each. Now I highly doubt the majority of these folks get much more than 350 for the tickets, but still that is so wrong. I secretly am praying that some psychopath snaps and hunts down every scalper stealing their tickets and maybe more, then just throwing them off the bleachers at Comerica for all the real fans to have.

I can't even imagine getting in the door for less than $100. I am fully prepared to spend $900 for the 3 tickets I want.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#54 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,124 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 03:54 PM

Good for you.

I however live in Metro Detroit area, and have no job. I haven't for the entire time since I graduated from college. It would have been nice if the NHL realized this is somewhat common in the area. That is all.

I realize Detroit and surrounding areas are going through some hard times, but they are not going to sell tickets for less and ensure you get one because you are unemployed and can't afford to go. This is absolutely none of my business and I am not trying to lecture you, but if times are that hard, maybe attending the WC should be the least of your priorities. I wish you the best of luck in making it happen.

#55 aaronstan16

aaronstan16

Draftee

• 8 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 06:01 PM

I found this while looking through the website Chris Illitch mentioned during the announcement

This is the website with ticket info and seating layout that was linked in the www.2013winterclassic.com site.

Some places have no ticket information yet, but some do, like this site. Is it at all reliable?

Edited by aaronstan16, 10 February 2012 - 06:03 PM.

#56 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,124 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 06:06 PM

I found this while looking through the website Chris Illitch mentioned during the announcement

This is the website with ticket info and seating layout that was linked in the www.2013winterclassic.com site.

Some places have no ticket information yet, but some do, like this site. Is it at all reliable?

I don't see how that place can be selling tickets for an event that was announced yesterday and is presumptively not on sale yet. Plus, it doesn't adhere to the season ticket holder first and then lottery system as anticipated. I don't know anything about that site, but I would say don't buy anything from them. Then again, it is linked from the 2013winterclassic.com site. I have no idea.

$3200 for section A. LOL.

Edited by rrasco, 10 February 2012 - 06:10 PM.

#57 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 07:31 PM

I don't see how that place can be selling tickets for an event that was announced yesterday and is presumptively not on sale yet. Plus, it doesn't adhere to the season ticket holder first and then lottery system as anticipated. I don't know anything about that site, but I would say don't buy anything from them. Then again, it is linked from the 2013winterclassic.com site. I have no idea.

$3200 for section A. LOL.

Scalpers

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

#58 juiceman

juiceman

Prospect

• 30 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 07:44 PM

That site, along with www.2013winterclassic.com are not official NHL, Detroit Red Wings, or Toronto Maple Leafs sites. They are both ticket broker websites.

Edited by juiceman, 10 February 2012 - 07:45 PM.

#59 malts85

malts85

Jr. Prospect

• 24 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:07 PM

I'll be looking for definitely 2 tickets, hopefully I can get some.

#60 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,124 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 11:36 PM

That site, along with www.2013winterclassic.com are not official NHL, Detroit Red Wings, or Toronto Maple Leafs sites. They are both ticket broker websites.

What's interesting is Chris Ilitch gave that URL during the official presser.