Operation Dumbo Drop.

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#61 aaronstan16

aaronstan16

Draftee

• 8 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 11:42 PM

What's interesting is Chris Ilitch gave that URL during the official presser.

That's why I thought it was reputable. Unless he meant the Red Wings Winter Classic website.

#62 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 10:23 AM

Yeah, and if the league is complacent with this sort of bulls*** where people are going to scalpe the hell out of tickets... then there is much wrong with the Winter Classic system.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#63 Danielsm

Danielsm

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 10:32 AM

For zone F:

Tickets: 4 x $318.00

Posted Image Service Fee: 4 x $79.50

Posted Image Delivery: $15.00

Posted Image Total: $1605.00

...yikes 80 service fee each? f*** that LOL

#64 chances14

chances14

The Magician

• PipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:46 AM

That's why I thought it was reputable. Unless he meant the Red Wings Winter Classic website.

pretty sure he meant the red wings winter classic website

if you look at the bottom of that page it says

" We are not affiliated with the Winter Classic or any box office, venue, sponsor, performer, or other organization"

#65 MulesWillFly93

MulesWillFly93

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 01:47 AM

Put me on the list - I already have a hotel room, so I'd hate to not be able to go to the game (that's an understatement). Hopefully, out of ~110,000 tickets, I'll be able to get just one!

Nobody lives forever.
Some things never die.
Like up in the land of ice and snow,
They tell me that a Red Wing always flies.
RIP Ruslan Salei - Brad McCrimmon - Stefan Liv - Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
(Orig. lyrics - Ray Wylie Hubbard, "Airplane Fell Down in Dixie")

#66 CrimsonFlame

CrimsonFlame

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:28 AM

Wow if 300 bucks are the cheapest you can get I guess I'm going to have to sit this one out. God damn it's hurts so much but I know I can't afford it. And neither can my friends.

Oh well we can still go to a bar in ann arbor and just get plastered during the game. It's almost as good.... right?

#67 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 06:30 PM

I didn't watch the press conference (I was at work) but I assume he was referring to http://www.detroitre...13winterclassic

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#68 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 02:35 AM

I got an email saying that I might get an email saying I might get an email about buying tickets at some point if I jumped through some hoops. This is run so well...
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#69 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,003 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 09:56 AM

I got an email saying that I might get an email saying I might get an email about buying tickets at some point if I jumped through some hoops. This is run so well...

Did it link to the DRW's 2013 Winter Classic section of their site? I got one like that, but it didn't say much, but go there to stay connected.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#70 sherwood40

sherwood40

Rookie

• Pip
  • 175 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:37 PM

I see someone on Craigslist is selling tickets already for the game. He dosen't have them in hand of course but he will. I want to know how he is able to do that? is there season ticket holders already selling there seats for the game to these people? I just want 2 tickets for my wife and I.

#71 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 05:19 PM

I was just talking to a season ticket holder and she didn't have any info on tickets just yet. Maybe some of them are getting info at different times. I wouldn't buy anything from someone on craigslist unless they have actual tickets and can tell you where the seats are.

I would really like to get some tickets too.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#72 wolverine1817

wolverine1817

Go Blue

• Pip
  • 159 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:56 PM

I'm holding myself ransom for these tickets. If I don't end up getting tickets to this, he's dead.

DEAD.

I will perform sexual favors for any female who is wiling to sell me tickets... jk.... no I'm not Posted Image

#73 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:32 PM

If the Big House sells out before non-season ticket holders get a chance to buy tickets, I'll be floored.

I'm going to that damn game.

Posted Image

#74 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,003 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:48 PM

If the Big House sells out before non-season ticket holders get a chance to buy tickets, I'll be floored.

I'm going to that damn game.

Right there with ya. I think if you have $300, you'll be able to get in. Even if I don't get in, bet your ass I'll be outside.

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#75 Yzerfan1999

Yzerfan1999

Hall-of-Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:48 PM

Great idea. I'll be monitoring this closely. I plan on making the drive down from Toronto. Need 2 tickets...will probably pay anything.
When you lose, say little. When you win, say less.

--Thanks for the Sig. Offsides--

#76 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,003 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:28 AM

John Collins let out a little ticket info in his latest interview with that ****** over at Yahoo...

Have tickets gone on sale yet?

The clubs' [tickets] are going on sale in the next couple of weeks. The demand from sponsors is huge at least twice as big as any previous Winter Classic. The demand from the clubs is off the charts. Everyone's calling the Detroit box office and the Toronto box office. So we're trying to figure out how many tickets the teams need or can use, and how many we can get into the general marketplace.

It's feeling as tight as Citizen's Bank was, to be honest.

http://sports.yahoo....-163707006.html

#77 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:52 AM

Great! so anyone with connections to the team and sponsors will get tickets and the rest of us have to fight for what's left. I am sure those with priority aren't going to be limited to the number of tickets and yes I know there are 100,000 seats. I hate when there is such a frenzy for event tickets because that just make the costs go up thanks to the "re-sellers" that want to may a 200%+ profit on them.

That said...thank you for the update and I hope we get some news about when they will be available to the general public soon.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#78 detredwinger85

detredwinger85

Draftee

• 2 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:17 PM

Hey guys I haven't seen any activity on here in a while and this is actually my first post. But, I wanted to say that I was able to buy 4 tickets to the Winter Classic and 4 tickets to the GLI for my wife and I. The other 2 tickets for the GLI are already spoken for, but I am looking for someone to buy my other 2 tickets to the Winter Classic. Don't know what others are seeing through Ticketmaster when they buy their's, but here is what it cost me:

2013 NHL Winter Classic
01/01/13

Section 30, Row 83
Seat 28 Season Ticket Offer US $169.00
Seat 29 Season Ticket Offer US $169.00
Seat 30 Season Ticket Offer US $169.00
Seat 31 Season Ticket Offer US $169.00

Great Lakes Invitational
12/27/12

Section 341, Row 3
Seat 8 Season Ticket Offer US $38.00
Seat 9 Season Ticket Offer US $38.00
Seat 10 Season Ticket Offer US $38.00
Seat 11 Season Ticket Offer US $38.00

At first, I was like "hey, not bad pricing", but then upon checkout I am hit with the $80/ticket for a "service fee" through Ticketmaster. Kind of pissed me off, but it's the Winter Classic!!

So basically, I am selling 2 Winter Classic tickets for $250 each. Let me know if you would like them. Ticketmaster says I will receive the tickets on or around December 1st. You can pay a deposit on them until you can see real pictures of the actual tickets when I get them in the mail.

Thanks and have a good night!

P.S. You have to email me a picture of your Red Wings jersey before you can buy them, I'm not sitting next to some Leafs fans...

Edited by detredwinger85, 13 August 2012 - 08:21 PM.

#79 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,003 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:00 PM

This was the original thread for tracking WC tickets, but it kind of spun off into a thread of its own as information became available.

http://www.letsgowin...hase-available/

#80 gowings2414

gowings2414

Jr. Prospect

• 28 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:28 PM

Hoping that I can find some info soon as to IF/when I could POSSIBLY purchase winter classic tix for 2014. Honestly, well aware this is going to be near impossible, and it will probably cost an arm and a leg. If that's the case, consider me one lucky bankrupt, peg legged SOB. 

If anyone knows of any info in the upcoming months, pleeeeaaasse make a post on this thread. 

"I am number 13, because I am number 13" - Pavel Datsyuk