I am also heavily interested in this. 

"Hit em with your purse, ya *****!" - Random Wings fans shouting at Franziska

#82 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:16 AM

I received my purchase code and ticket purchase time frame today.  Window is today through Tuesday.  PM me if you want to use it.  First come, first served.

Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#83 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,081 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:57 AM

Sorry about the title, but I thought it might make it easier to find this thread down the line.

I was reading about the Big House Winter classic again, when I read that it might be hard to impossible to get tickets for the thing if you are not a season ticket holder.

This seems absurd to me due to the size of the stadium, but I know tickets will be hard to get so...

I thought our community could be used to help us all out. Enter Operation Dumbo Drop.

I say we use this thread to post updates of when tickets will go on sale. We can try to help each other get in line for the precious tickets and make sure that Wings fans are the first to get the few their are to get. I say we find out the maximum amount of tickets we can buy as well and try to buy the maximum and come here to sell the tickets back at FACE VALUE! Let's not get greedy trying to make money off of each other. Sell them at 10x the price to a Leafs fan, but try and make the priority to get people from here on.

In short, we should try to get as many of the die hard fans in for this once in a lifetime event. Also try and get us in to all of the other events at Comerica as well.

What say you?

just do what I will do. go to bordercitytickets.com stubhub.com or others like that and get tickets (usually i find them under face value as well)

#84 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:13 PM

I received my purchase code and ticket purchase time frame today.  Window is today through Tuesday.  PM me if you want to use it.  First come, first served.

Is the code tied directly to your ticketmaster account though? I received my code and was given that impression.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#85 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:21 PM

I don't have a Ticketmaster account.

Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#86 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,003 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:29 PM

I don't have a Ticketmaster account.

I have a regular ticket master account, but I think if you signed up for WC alerts they created you a TM Red Wings STH account.  That's pretty much what happened to me.

If you can login here, I believe you have a STH account.  While I wish I did, I certainly don't have season tickets.

https://oss.ticketma...I?team=redwings

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#87 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:29 PM

Nope, can't sign in.  :)  I'm shocked, shocked I tell you that no one wants to use my code.  Either the luster has worn off or it's bad timing for everybody.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#88 BleedRed&White25

BleedRed&White25

Salty Dog

• Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:39 PM

Nope, can't sign in.   :)  I'm shocked, shocked I tell you that no one wants to use my code.  Either the luster has worn off or it's bad timing for everybody.

I'm thinking about it... is it only good for one ticket? My buddies and I are trying to go to the game, but I want to make sure that we can sit next to each other.

Hostile to the past, impatient of the present, and cheated of the future.

#89 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,003 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:42 PM

Should be good for up to 4

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#90 juiceman

juiceman

Prospect

• 30 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:35 PM

The code is a one-time use code that is good for up to four tickets.  You would also have to purchase tickets to one of the sessions of the GLI.  If you had signed up through the Red Wings or Maple Leafs for ticket updates, then they should have sent you an e-mail with your account number & purchase window.  You don't have to be an STH in order to get this, I believe they had their purchase opportunity earlier.  

The nice thing about the tickets this time is that they opened pretty much all of the sections at Michigan Stadium for purchase.  Last year, people that had these codes could only get seats in the end-zones, nothing along the sides, or up in the club seats.

#91 SuperCalaFilppulastic!

SuperCalaFilppulastic!

Flippin' Awesome

• PipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:58 PM

Nope, can't sign in.   :)  I'm shocked, shocked I tell you that no one wants to use my code.  Either the luster has worn off or it's bad timing for everybody.

Hey Vladdy... if it is still available, I'd like a crack at your code. The brothers and I have been talking about going and this could obviously help!

Thanks either way!

Check out my Wings autographed card collection here!