• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:24 PM

Since late January the wings have actually doubled their fighting majors from October to January. Theyve had like 5 fights in their last 5 games or something like that. As well, Ericcson wanted Eager bad tonight but Eager had nothing to do with it.

I have to think Babcock said something to them about sticking up for each other and toughening up down the stretch to get ready for playoffs. Commie cementing himself as what looks to be the more regular 6th defenseman has helped as well.

Just seems like whenever the wings look flat and a fight starts, the wings get their legs under them. Abdelkader sparked them tonight and they didnt look back after.

If they have eachothers backs like this all the time I would be very happy. Keep it up :clap:

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#2 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,727 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:28 PM

Maybe Babcock pulled a Reggie Dunlop on them.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#3 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:30 PM

That's why Commodore should be a 6th D-man fixture. The Wings always play like they're influenced after Commodore gets into a fight.

bringit.jpg

#4 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:32 PM

I dunno man but I hope they drop the gloves against the Ducks Friday cause I will be in attendance.
You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#5 Donaldjr2448

Donaldjr2448

LETS GO REDWINGS!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,065 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:36 PM

I personally think when the Wings drop the gloves it opens up the ice for guys like Z, Dats, Mule, and Flipper. It just seems that theys guys do not take hits as much when the boys drop the mits, or maybe like other have stated the team picks up its play when the boys drop the mits. And the fact that Kindl gets the nod over Commie flat out pisses me off, but whatever.

FREE COMMIE!!!

#6 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:42 PM

I personally think when the Wings drop the gloves it opens up the ice for guys like Z, Dats, Mule, and Flipper. It just seems that theys guys do not take hits as much when the boys drop the mits, or maybe like other have stated the team picks up its play when the boys drop the mits. And the fact that Kindl gets the nod over Commie flat out pisses me off, but whatever.

FREE COMMIE!!!

Commie will be in both games this weekend against the Ducks and Philly I can guarantee you that, they need that presence against those teams. If Rinaldo or Sestito get running around on the wings someones gonna have to step up and Commie is the most willing/capable.

Abdelkaders hit on Hall was huge tonight as well

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#7 Motown4013

Motown4013

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:44 PM

Yeah, I love it!! You get pumped to watch :clap:
Raising another Red Wings Fan!

The future looks bright in Hockeytown!
GUSTAV SNIPEQUIST!

#8 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:50 PM

Rinaldo is going to be running around causing s*** no matter what, If****** love that kid.

Huge hitter, fights anyone.
You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#9 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 12:21 AM

Looks good to me.

The team has some tenacity that I haven't seen in previous years and I like it.

Posted Image

#10 Andy Pred 48

Andy Pred 48

Coming soon,"the slovak line" Marek and 2 Toms!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 12:32 AM

maybe it has something to do with kenny could be adding a couple of players to the line up and they dont wanna
be the ones in the press box? just a thought
"What are you guys doing?" Reggie Dunlop
"Putting on the foil coach" Jeff Hanson
"Yeah, every game, you want some coach?" Steve Hanson
"Er, no. No thanks guys." Reggie Dunlop
"Make sure they don't leave the bench!" Reggie Dunlop.

#11 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 12:34 AM

Commie needs to actually beat somebody down. He made Eager look pretty good the other night.

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#12 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 12:59 AM

#13 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,689 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 01:44 AM

Abdelkader needs to play like he has recently, all the time. He's been very effective in finishing his checks and stirring everything up. Wasn't a fan of him going after Jones for the clean hit, though. Someone needs to just pound on Ben Eager. He's definitely one of the worst fighters in the league. He's a major spotpicker, and I was really looking forward to one of our guys going after him. When he fought Commodore, he got him down, and grabbed onto the ref, ending the fight. I think the rumor may be somewhat true that Ken is looking to get meaner, because we've been playing physical since the break. I'm looking forward to see who we pick up at the deadline.

Detroit, Vancouver, and San Jose all should be looking to get a little meaner up front at the deadline.

Commie will be in both games this weekend against the Ducks and Philly I can guarantee you that, they need that presence against those teams. If Rinaldo or Sestito get running around on the wings someones gonna have to step up and Commie is the most willing/capable.

Abdelkaders hit on Hall was huge tonight as well

Commie should get a haircut before they play Philly :ph34r:
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#14 Pasha 13

Pasha 13

Jr. Prospect

• 18 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 02:28 AM

OP, you said ericcson wanted a piece of eager. Was there a particular time when this happened or was it an ongoing thing. To be honest, I didn't think E had it in him to go after eager.

#15 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 06:23 AM

Commodore really getting a lot of love for some average fights.

Kindl played really well the past 2 games, where's the thread about that?

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#16 BigWillieStyle

BigWillieStyle

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 08:22 AM

OP, you said ericcson wanted a piece of eager. Was there a particular time when this happened or was it an ongoing thing. To be honest, I didn't think E had it in him to go after eager.

Big E went after Eager, when Eager hit Cleary into the bench door. Ericsson was ready to go and Eager ducked behind one of the refs and a linesman. This is what caused Gagners breakaway goal. E blew his coverage going for the fight, and left nobody back on defense to cover against cherry pickers. I do commend Big Rig for standing up for his teammate, but if you're not going to play defense, then at least get a whistle blown for something. Eager had a huge s***-eating grin when Gagner scored that goal, knowing that he was the one responsible for the breakaway.

#17 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 08:36 AM

Commodore really getting a lot of love for some average fights.

Kindl played really well the past 2 games, where's the thread about that?

Because at least Commodore is doing what is needed. He doesn't need to win, the effort is what sparks the team. Kindl is good, too, but we need to rotate them. Kindl doesn't bring anything to the table that everyone else on the team doesn't, which is why there's no thread for Kindl.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#18 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 09:15 AM

i think if anyone it helps kronwall because not only is he a non-fighter he also isn't as tough as our other guys, like datsyuk you could have him out there with chara, weber, eager, cooke, and kaleta on the ice with no protection and he would just go about his daily business.
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#19 ace76

ace76

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 11:29 AM

I know that Berts takes alot of heat because of his past, but I love it when he gets pissed and fights. He is a beast of a man and is very strong, and don't think other teams don't take notice when he plays like this.

#20 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 11:38 AM

More importantly I've noticed our team collectively being more physical. Please please please keep that up in the playoffs and we will go far. The fights are nice to see but we need a team effort to finish all our checks