• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
newfy

What the F has gotten into these wings?

Rate this topic

Since late January the wings have actually doubled their fighting majors from October to January. Theyve had like 5 fights in their last 5 games or something like that. As well, Ericcson wanted Eager bad tonight but Eager had nothing to do with it.

I have to think Babcock said something to them about sticking up for each other and toughening up down the stretch to get ready for playoffs. Commie cementing himself as what looks to be the more regular 6th defenseman has helped as well.

Just seems like whenever the wings look flat and a fight starts, the wings get their legs under them. Abdelkader sparked them tonight and they didnt look back after.

If they have eachothers backs like this all the time I would be very happy. Keep it up :clap:

Guest irishock

That's why Commodore should be a 6th D-man fixture. The Wings always play like they're influenced after Commodore gets into a fight.

I personally think when the Wings drop the gloves it opens up the ice for guys like Z, Dats, Mule, and Flipper. It just seems that theys guys do not take hits as much when the boys drop the mits, or maybe like other have stated the team picks up its play when the boys drop the mits. And the fact that Kindl gets the nod over Commie flat out pisses me off, but whatever.

FREE COMMIE!!!

I personally think when the Wings drop the gloves it opens up the ice for guys like Z, Dats, Mule, and Flipper. It just seems that theys guys do not take hits as much when the boys drop the mits, or maybe like other have stated the team picks up its play when the boys drop the mits. And the fact that Kindl gets the nod over Commie flat out pisses me off, but whatever.

FREE COMMIE!!!

Commie will be in both games this weekend against the Ducks and Philly I can guarantee you that, they need that presence against those teams. If Rinaldo or Sestito get running around on the wings someones gonna have to step up and Commie is the most willing/capable.

Abdelkaders hit on Hall was huge tonight as well

Abdelkader needs to play like he has recently, all the time. He's been very effective in finishing his checks and stirring everything up. Wasn't a fan of him going after Jones for the clean hit, though. Someone needs to just pound on Ben Eager. He's definitely one of the worst fighters in the league. He's a major spotpicker, and I was really looking forward to one of our guys going after him. When he fought Commodore, he got him down, and grabbed onto the ref, ending the fight. I think the rumor may be somewhat true that Ken is looking to get meaner, because we've been playing physical since the break. I'm looking forward to see who we pick up at the deadline.

Detroit, Vancouver, and San Jose all should be looking to get a little meaner up front at the deadline.

Commie will be in both games this weekend against the Ducks and Philly I can guarantee you that, they need that presence against those teams. If Rinaldo or Sestito get running around on the wings someones gonna have to step up and Commie is the most willing/capable.

Abdelkaders hit on Hall was huge tonight as well

Commie should get a haircut before they play Philly :ph34r:

OP, you said ericcson wanted a piece of eager. Was there a particular time when this happened or was it an ongoing thing. To be honest, I didn't think E had it in him to go after eager.

Big E went after Eager, when Eager hit Cleary into the bench door. Ericsson was ready to go and Eager ducked behind one of the refs and a linesman. This is what caused Gagners breakaway goal. E blew his coverage going for the fight, and left nobody back on defense to cover against cherry pickers. I do commend Big Rig for standing up for his teammate, but if you're not going to play defense, then at least get a whistle blown for something. Eager had a huge s***-eating grin when Gagner scored that goal, knowing that he was the one responsible for the breakaway.

Commodore really getting a lot of love for some average fights.

Kindl played really well the past 2 games, where's the thread about that?

Because at least Commodore is doing what is needed. He doesn't need to win, the effort is what sparks the team. Kindl is good, too, but we need to rotate them. Kindl doesn't bring anything to the table that everyone else on the team doesn't, which is why there's no thread for Kindl.

i think if anyone it helps kronwall because not only is he a non-fighter he also isn't as tough as our other guys, like datsyuk you could have him out there with chara, weber, eager, cooke, and kaleta on the ice with no protection and he would just go about his daily business.

More importantly I've noticed our team collectively being more physical. Please please please keep that up in the playoffs and we will go far. The fights are nice to see but we need a team effort to finish all our checks

I think team is playing with a lot more passion the we have been seeing lately. Wings also show that they can play any style of agame, which makes it harder for other teams to come up with a perfect game plan against Wings.

Commodore really getting a lot of love for some average fights.

Kindl played really well the past 2 games, where's the thread about that?

The thread is about the Wings fighting more, not just about Commie.

There wasn't a thread about Kindl's crappy games where he played himself out of the lineup, there probably isn't going to be one for him playing well for two games.