• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Wingydingy19

Will there be an impact trade by the wings?

Rate this topic

Guest stinky fish taco

i'd really like a move that would allow for a better 3rd line center.

helm just isn't getting it done offensively.

My concern is the wings do nothing at all like they have the Past few seasons. There's no doubt wings regular season is always top notch always in play to win the presidents troPh. However come playoffs teams have us figured out. Ask San Jose. I think we have to land a scorer for one of our top two lines. teams that focus on dats and Hank will play for it. Holland hasn't done much and kept the team the same the last three seasons and we've been bounced by San jOse twice. Lost the cup to the pens. Let's try and snag a semin,parise someone.

at this point Wings:

1. are well stocked in terms of prospects in minors

2. have very decent NHL regular 3rd and 4th liners

3. have all 2012 draft picks available

4. have a lot of cap space

5. would love some skilled forward for a deep cup run

6. have Nick Lidstrom in what very likely is his last season

7. are high in the standings and will approach the playoffs healthy and in good shape

if this doesn't smell like a mother-of-all-trades then I don't know what does ;) it could probably need 8. Bobby Clark is the GM to make it better :hockeysmile:

yes, I absolutely and fully expect Holland to pull a trigger for Jeff Carter or someone of this calibre. this team looks poised for a good cup run...

Edited by akustyk

Guest Hatethedrake!

at this point Wings:

1. are well stocked in terms of prospects in minors

2. have very decent NHL regular 3rd and 4th liners

3. have all 2012 draft picks available

4. have a lot of cap space

5. would love some skilled forward for a deep cup run

6. have Nick Lidstrom in what very likely is his last season

7. are high in the standings and will approach the playoffs healthy and in good shape

if this doesn't smell like a mother-of-all-trades then I don't know what does ;) it could probably need 8. Bobby Clark is the GM to make it better :hockeysmile:

yes, I absolutely and fully expect Holland to pull a trigger for Jeff Carter or someone of this calibre. this team looks poised for a good cup run...

I can't see Holland making a trade for Jeff Carter. For these reasons...

1. Columbus would rather trade him anywhere but to a division rival like Detroit.

2. Holland would likely not want to take on another player with 10 years remaining on his contract.

3. He is coming off an injured ankle from earlier in the season. He is likely not 100% skating wise right now.

4. Holland likely wants to keep as much cap space as possible for this summer to be able to go after Parise and Suter who are UFAs.

"our deadline move was securing the winter classic"

:lol:

1. Columbus would rather trade him anywhere but to a division rival like Detroit.

2. Holland would likely not want to take on another player with 10 years remaining on his contract.

3. He is coming off an injured ankle from earlier in the season. He is likely not 100% skating wise right now.

4. Holland likely wants to keep as much cap space as possible for this summer to be able to go after Parise and Suter who are UFAs.

:lol:

Or here's another scenario...

1. Holland pulls off a trade for Carter

2. Wings go on to win The Cup

3. The league avoids another lockout with a new CBA that includes a new cap structure

4. Due to the new CBA, teams have a grace period to buy out contracts to get compliant

5. Wings buy out Carter & send him on his way

6. All other teams' fans can get back to accusing the Wings of buying Cups again :hehe:

Id say that a big trade might wake up this team, every player knows their job is safe no matter how badly they play.

wake this team up? we just won our 20th straight at the joe and sit at the top of the league, i dont know what u mean by waking this team up, they seem to be doing fine

The power play is our trade deadline acquisition.

In all honesty, it's easy to sit here and look at other teams' rosters and say, "I want him."

It's been a while since we've had the cap space for us fans to do this kind of window shopping.

The big question this year is not "who can we get?" it's "who would we replace?"

From what I've heard, there are not a lot of back-up goalies for sale this year, and Joey has been acquitting himself admirably now that the D is actually helping him out. I do think that Ty could do better if he was given a few games to shake off the rust.

In a conversation with my sister yesterday, she pointed out to me that Joey is coming in fresh from having gotten a lot of time between the pipes in the AHL, whilst Ty has been sitting on the bench. Certainly there's a lot of difference between the level of talent being faced in the AHL in comparison to the NHL, but Joey hasn't been sitting around gathering rust either.

Hopefully Jimmy will be back and at full strength so that a back-up goalie will be a moot point, but it never hurts to be prepared.

As far as forwards and defensemen go, there aren't really any Lebdas this year. No one is THAT bad that we want to run them out of town. Any names that come up either are young and have potential, or they are just temporarily not playing up to par and may well improve.

We'll just have to see who will be offered up, what they want for him, and who currently plays a similar game that the new guy would be an improvement on.

I think more questions will be answered in the off-season than at the deadline.

This team isnt built to win the Cup and I hope they recognise that and don't dole out some lame excuse this year for not making the move to put us in a prime position. If I'm Lidstrom I'm going to be offended if Holland doenst try to go for it. Not to mention, I've never seen our farm system so chock full of talent, we could truly make a big deal without gutting the future.

I think we need to go after a 2nd line forward. Someone who will replace and be an upgrade over the Todd. Ruutu is a good target other than his injury history and the current status of his price tag. The real dilemma is Lidstroms status tho. If were going to send some prospects packaging, it should probably be for a defender. Our unwillingness to pay market price in free agency means we'll probably go the trade route for a good player and that's where we should spend our assets. I believe in Holland's ability to fill our forward spot without spending too much tho, so we'll see.

Sorry but I stopped reading after the first sentence.

wake this team up? we just won our 20th straight at the joe and sit at the top of the league, i dont know what u mean by waking this team up, they seem to be doing fine

There is pessimism then there is LGW pessimism...

Guest Hatethedrake!

If Buffalo drops out of the race, I could see Kenny going after Gaustad. Big bottom six forward who is good on faceoffs.

Guest Hatethedrake!

The price for Ruutu will be high. I don't see Kenny overpaying for him. I don't think Gaustad would cost as much. My #1 choice would be Moen. But again, I think his price will be higher than Gaustad's. Kenny has his list of players he wants to target. He also has a list of what he is willing to give up. The player which matches both criteria will be the one he acquires. Something like Ferraro and a 2nd-3rd is what I'd expect the price to be.

as for 1 we could make a point, that it would be possible. and 4 is not a point if we're talking about playoff rental.

as for 2 and to some degree 3 - this is definitely my main point against Carter. I was rather pointing out that stars are aligned for Wings to go for a really big name as a playoff rental right now. and there's more chance for me that Holland makes a big trade, than not. but you never know if it's going to work out before it happens.

Nash would be great, but at what cost?

Selanne would also be a great rental.

Moen would solidify the bottom 6 with more grit and a bit of an edge.

In all honesty, its gonna be a wait and see this year. Yes Holland can add up to $17M this trade deadline, but does he need it? He could try to acquire Nash or Parise but they would be very expensive to obtain. But WOW! If this team could land Rick Nash...Holy Moly!