• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 04:59 PM

Yup. Lids got his bell rung, it looked like from Laperriere catching him in the face with his glove and possibly butt end. I'm pretty sure Lidstrom injured his knee as he fell to the ice.

Lidstrom was only in that position because he lost his balance while going up the boards.

#22 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 05:05 PM

Not if you visit hfboards. People there will grudgingly put Lids as #5, at best, and always behind Bourque. It's kind of comical.

It's a sign of true haters when a guy with Lidstrom's resume gets put there :P. Honestly-- if Lidstrom was Canadian and performed for our Olympic team like he did for the Swedes you'd see a lot less of that silliness.

I'm definitely not being a homer when I place Lidstrom beside Orr. You hear the same stuff from professional hockey analysts with only a few exceptions (Melrose and Millbury, but both those guys have hilarious bad resumes as hockey minds).
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#23 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 05:16 PM

I'm just not sure why people wouldn't finish their checks to the best of their gusto on Nick. I'm not saying it doesn't happen. But why exactly wouldn't they? Didn't opposing players have no lack of shyness for targeting Bobby Orr's knees? What's changed today? Are opposing players more likely to get an unfavorable call from the officials if they check Lidstrom too hard or something like that?

#24 MidMichSteve

MidMichSteve

Thanks to #5

• HoF Booster
  • 4,226 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 05:40 PM

I'm not sure he even knows what his skates look like.

Good one. :)

From now on, Patrick Roy will be rolled out to and from the Avs' bench like Hannibal Lecter. - BottleOfSmoke

#25 MidMichSteve

MidMichSteve

Thanks to #5

• HoF Booster
  • 4,226 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 05:49 PM

Gretzky just said, on NHL Live, that Lids is the Jean Béliveau of defensemen.
On the same program, Roenick said Lids is one of the true-blue greatest players to ever play in the NHL. He also said he's the most respected player in the NHL

Edited by MidMichSteve, 10 February 2012 - 06:55 PM.

From now on, Patrick Roy will be rolled out to and from the Avs' bench like Hannibal Lecter. - BottleOfSmoke

#26 Wing Across The Pond

Wing Across The Pond

Gabriel's Wings

• Silver Booster
  • 744 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 06:45 AM

Not if you visit hfboards. People there will grudgingly put Lids as #5, at best, and always behind Bourque. It's kind of comical.

My friend uses that, but for some reason refuses to come on here (set in his ways I guess). I shall inform him of his blasphemy and see that he corrects it <_<

Posted Image

Check out my blog -The Heid-Out- a cynical mans take on everyday life