• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Din758

How WC tickets will be sold

Rate this topic

i live 20 minutes away from the joe and i have as good as a chance as you do. if you think about it the joe fits 20,066. at most 2/3 of that number is season tickets. call it 12k. thats only 12k of 115k. after the leafs ticket holders id say theres at least 65-75k tickets available.

This is from my ticket rep:

Full season ticket holders will be guaranteed first and foremost, then 20 game plans, and possibly 10's. As far as I know, season ticket holders will have the opportunity to purchase the other games as well (Alumni, IHL, etc).

However, there is still a lot of unknown info as well. As soon as we get a little more clarity and hard facts, I will definitely be in touch with you.

I'm guessing the Leafs will have different ways of determining who gets first crack since they don't have 10 or 20 game packs.

Probably season ticket holders (~16-17k) and then the lottery for those on the pre-sale list.

Edited by MacK_Attack

Will U of M season ticket holders at the Big House get any priority whatsoever?

I have seen no indication that UM season ticket holders will have any priority. I am not sure why they should have. They are leasing the stadium to the NHL for $3 million. That's pretty much the extent of the relationship. I wouldn't mind giving priority to UM season ticket holders. Of course, it would be nice if Wings season ticket holders had priority for UM football games. LOL.

How does a lottery work? I guess I don't get that part. You apply and they just randomly hand out tickets out of a hat?

I am not sure how this lottery will work. The London Olympics lottery required full payment for the tickets to enter, then payments were refunded to the losers. Now, that is an awful way to treat a fan.

Would they be able to sell them at the premium Leafs fans will pay? This won't just be tickets at regular NHL prices, there will be a significant mark-up.

:blink:

So....what you are saying is that Leafs fans are more well-to-do than Red Wings fans?

Just because there will be a mark-up doesn't mean Leafs fans are the only ones who can afford it...I would say 99.999999999% of Wings fans do not live in the City and as a matter of fact, a ton of them live in Oakland County which is one of the wealthiest counties in the Nation....

The tix should be open to ALL hockey fans. Just block off the exact same amount for Wings fans and Leafs fans, then the rest are open to all. 36,000 for Wings all in one part of the Stadium, 36,000 for Leafs in a different part of the Stadium and 38,000 for general NHL fans who want to attend. When you order, you are asked which team or neither? Then you are given the choice of certain sections for that team only. That way we have a side with Wings fans and side with Leafs fans, then the ends are filled with random fans. (certainly of which can be Wings and Leafs fans.) Imagine the view from the blimp with all Red on one side of the field and all Blue on the other?

Would they be able to sell them at the premium Leafs fans will pay? This won't just be tickets at regular NHL prices, there will be a significant mark-up.

yes, i am sure , unless they make tickets like 1000 buck each for even the highest and lowest seats then only leafs fans who are used to ridiculous pricing would buy tickets. Like other people have said just outside of detroit there are a ton of communities with more than enough to spend on these things, and the same demand.

Edited by jollymania

Since I'm in PA I hope i've got a decent shot in the lottery. I will say I'm very disappointed bu the posts of some individuals who are basically saying F me and the other out of state fans who'd love to go and get the big house rocking.

Truth be told, no one knows at the moment how the tickets will be sold for this. Everything right now is just a guess. For all we know, they might not even do a lottery like has been done in the past. They might end up doing like a pre-sale for the general public (after the season ticket holders have their go around), and then perhaps a lottery or a general sale afterwards. I would recommend going to both teams sites and signing up where you can receive more information on the event. I likely think that we won't know more until at least the playoffs, but wouldn't be surprised if it were the summer before there is anything official concerning tickets.

I know that someone here had posted a link to the site: 2013winterclassic.com, however that site is not a site affiliated with either team or the league, it's basically a ticket broker website.

Edited by juiceman

The NHL doesn't give a damn about fair, they want 110,000 tickets sold. Selling as many as they can to Leafs fans will ensure that.

If I hear another moron say that the NHL put the Leafs in this game to make sure they fill they stadium I'm gonna flip.

If Michiganders can fill the stadium for a college hockey game, no one gives a damn who the Wings are playing, just the fact that the Wings are there will make it full.

If I hear another moron say that the NHL put the Leafs in this game to make sure they fill they stadium I'm gonna flip.

If Michiganders can fill the stadium for a college hockey game, no one gives a damn who the Wings are playing, just the fact that the Wings are there will make it full.

I couldn't agree more! :clap:

Well considering I live way away from this event, it's looking like stub hub is going to be my best option to get tickets and I know I'll be paying a price for them too <_<

I seem to be in the same predicament!

I am not sure how this lottery will work. The London Olympics lottery required full payment for the tickets to enter, then payments were refunded to the losers. Now, that is an awful way to treat a fan.

That's exactly how the NCAA does the Frozen Four tickets. You pay up front for tickets, wait six months, and either get tickets or a refund.

I know I want to go to this event, but there is part of me wondering how hard I should work to get tickets. I am going to have a great view from my 52 inch HDTV here at home. I am sure the atmosphere is worth going to. Hell, I went to the Cold War back in 2001 and that was worth going to.

In the end, I am going to work hard for tickets, but I am not going to lose sleep over not getting them. Sitting up in the cheap seats and not having a great view of the game is making my TV look like a better option.

I'm going to go ahead and throw caution to the wind and enter the lottery as soon as it's set up. Cross your fingers and wish me luck. Wonder if they'll put a limit on the number you can buy, say, four per winner...

demand would be ridiculous for sure and i bet it would be way up over a million, try 2-4 million lol.

and if we want to be realistic then bettman is going to want to get the most money out of this as possible and the biggest market for this game is southern ontario.

Yea I don't think a demand of at least 2 million is out of the question. Within a 2 hour drive, Toronto has 8 million people, and Detroit has almost 6 million. Not only will you get people from Michigan and Ontario wanting tickets, but people from Ohio, Pennsylvania, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin, Western New York, and even further wanting tickets. I'm expecting about at least 1 in 20 chance of winning the lottery and getting tickets. 3 of us want to go, so we're all going to enter the lottery, hopefully one of us get's a call.

It's the most popular American team going against the most popular Canadian team, and it's centrally located.