• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#21 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 03:07 PM

what is this tourist perspective you speak of? people arn't there to sightsee they are there to see a hockey game. southern ontario is the largest market and thats where 2/3 of the fans at this game will be from.

illitch will get his cut from all the stuff happening at comerica, that is how he is going to reward the people of detroit.

well if they aren't within a certain distance they will need hotels, then factor in restaurants, entertainment on the days surrounding the game, there are a whole slew of factors. The size of the SO market will determine the merchandise sales, ect.. but for the people attending the game it doesn't really matter where they are from, since the wings are the home team it would be preferable to get more wings fans, specifically those form the local market into the stadium. Once in the stadium they aren't oing to buy any more or less than leafs fans from SO.
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#22 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 03:07 PM

How does a lottery work? I guess I don't get that part. You apply and they just randomly hand out tickets out of a hat?
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#23 IllinoisRedWingsFan

IllinoisRedWingsFan

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 03:08 PM

The NHL doesn't give a damn about fair, they want 110,000 tickets sold. Selling as many as they can to Leafs fans will ensure that.

Well Red Wings fans could easily fill buy up the 110,000 tickets. The Red Wings have such a following around the country that they could fill it up. I know if I wasn't a poor college student I'd be buying a ticket.

#24 MacK_Attack

MacK_Attack

Old School

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,676 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 03:09 PM

they could easily sell all 110,000 tickets to red wins fans, it has nothing to do with leafs or wings, the tickets will be sold, it is a simple concept.

Would they be able to sell them at the premium Leafs fans will pay? This won't just be tickets at regular NHL prices, there will be a significant mark-up.

#25 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 03:17 PM

How does a lottery work? I guess I don't get that part. You apply and they just randomly hand out tickets out of a hat?

you enter the drawing, and if you get picked theyll offer you some tickets to buy.
Crosby is a crybaby *****

#26 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 03:20 PM

Well, that means all of us who live away from Detroit and can't even dream of season tickets are screwed.
Posted Image

#27 Hiei

Hiei

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 03:21 PM

What about those of us who would have to drive 850 MILES to get there????

"Hit em with your purse, ya *****!" - Random Wings fans shouting at Franziska

#28 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 03:24 PM

We're screwed, my friend. I live three hours away, and even I know I don't stand a snowball's chance in Hell.
Posted Image

#29 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 03:29 PM

i live 20 minutes away from the joe and i have as good as a chance as you do. if you think about it the joe fits 20,066. at most 2/3 of that number is season tickets. call it 12k. thats only 12k of 115k. after the leafs ticket holders id say theres at least 65-75k tickets available.
Crosby is a crybaby *****

#30 LAW

LAW

Veritas

• 31 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 03:39 PM

This is from my ticket rep:

Full season ticket holders will be guaranteed first and foremost, then 20 game plans, and possibly 10's. As far as I know, season ticket holders will have the opportunity to purchase the other games as well (Alumni, IHL, etc).
However, there is still a lot of unknown info as well. As soon as we get a little more clarity and hard facts, I will definitely be in touch with you.

#31 MacK_Attack

MacK_Attack

Old School

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,676 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 03:42 PM

I'm guessing the Leafs will have different ways of determining who gets first crack since they don't have 10 or 20 game packs.

Probably season ticket holders (~16-17k) and then the lottery for those on the pre-sale list.

Edited by MacK_Attack, 09 February 2012 - 03:43 PM.

#32 AusWing40

AusWing40

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 04:35 PM

Damn lottery. Already got money put aside for this I need a ticket to this damn game. :(

#33 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 04:43 PM

Well considering I live way away from this event, it's looking like stub hub is going to be my best option to get tickets and I know I'll be paying a price for them too <_<
IPB Image

#34 Zata fan 40

Zata fan 40

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 04:52 PM

My luck and lottery don't go together...ughh... :( If anyone knows of any available please contact me...I'm interested in the WC,Alumni, and AHL games.
c:\documentsandsettings\amy\mydocuments\homefortheholidays

#35 craigjjs

craigjjs

Jr. Prospect

• 16 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 04:53 PM

Will U of M season ticket holders at the Big House get any priority whatsoever?

I have seen no indication that UM season ticket holders will have any priority. I am not sure why they should have. They are leasing the stadium to the NHL for $3 million. That's pretty much the extent of the relationship. I wouldn't mind giving priority to UM season ticket holders. Of course, it would be nice if Wings season ticket holders had priority for UM football games. LOL.
Born on a mountain in Tennessee; Greenest state in the land of the free; Raised in the woods so's he knew every tree; He killed him a bear when was only three.

#36 craigjjs

craigjjs

Jr. Prospect

• 16 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 04:59 PM

I am not sure how this lottery will work. The London Olympics lottery required full payment for the tickets to enter, then payments were refunded to the losers. Now, that is an awful way to treat a fan.
Born on a mountain in Tennessee; Greenest state in the land of the free; Raised in the woods so's he knew every tree; He killed him a bear when was only three.

#37 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,612 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 05:04 PM

Would they be able to sell them at the premium Leafs fans will pay? This won't just be tickets at regular NHL prices, there will be a significant mark-up.

:blink:

So....what you are saying is that Leafs fans are more well-to-do than Red Wings fans?

Just because there will be a mark-up doesn't mean Leafs fans are the only ones who can afford it...I would say 99.999999999% of Wings fans do not live in the City and as a matter of fact, a ton of them live in Oakland County which is one of the wealthiest counties in the Nation....

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#38 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,612 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 05:10 PM

The tix should be open to ALL hockey fans. Just block off the exact same amount for Wings fans and Leafs fans, then the rest are open to all. 36,000 for Wings all in one part of the Stadium, 36,000 for Leafs in a different part of the Stadium and 38,000 for general NHL fans who want to attend. When you order, you are asked which team or neither? Then you are given the choice of certain sections for that team only. That way we have a side with Wings fans and side with Leafs fans, then the ends are filled with random fans. (certainly of which can be Wings and Leafs fans.) Imagine the view from the blimp with all Red on one side of the field and all Blue on the other?

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#39 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 05:21 PM

yes, i am sure , unless they make tickets like 1000 buck each for even the highest and lowest seats then only leafs fans who are used to ridiculous pricing would buy tickets. Like other people have said just outside of detroit there are a ton of communities with more than enough to spend on these things, and the same demand.

Edited by jollymania, 09 February 2012 - 05:23 PM.

"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#40 TheXym

TheXym

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 05:31 PM

Since I'm in PA I hope i've got a decent shot in the lottery. I will say I'm very disappointed bu the posts of some individuals who are basically saying F me and the other out of state fans who'd love to go and get the big house rocking.
It's pronounced "Zim" not "Exim". Aw heck with it, just call me Scott.