• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#41 Draper_Rocks#33

Draper_Rocks#33

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 05:43 PM

Well the non season ticket holder will have to try our luck i guess!. Hopfully ill be able to make the long 20 hour drive!!

#42 juiceman

juiceman

Prospect

• 30 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 07:11 PM

Truth be told, no one knows at the moment how the tickets will be sold for this. Everything right now is just a guess. For all we know, they might not even do a lottery like has been done in the past. They might end up doing like a pre-sale for the general public (after the season ticket holders have their go around), and then perhaps a lottery or a general sale afterwards. I would recommend going to both teams sites and signing up where you can receive more information on the event. I likely think that we won't know more until at least the playoffs, but wouldn't be surprised if it were the summer before there is anything official concerning tickets.

I know that someone here had posted a link to the site: 2013winterclassic.com, however that site is not a site affiliated with either team or the league, it's basically a ticket broker website.

Edited by juiceman, 09 February 2012 - 07:12 PM.

#43 Chelios57

Chelios57

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 08:30 PM

The NHL doesn't give a damn about fair, they want 110,000 tickets sold. Selling as many as they can to Leafs fans will ensure that.

If I hear another moron say that the NHL put the Leafs in this game to make sure they fill they stadium I'm gonna flip.

If Michiganders can fill the stadium for a college hockey game, no one gives a damn who the Wings are playing, just the fact that the Wings are there will make it full.
Atlanta Thrashers: 1999-2011

WINTER CLASSIC 2013

"When you want to measure yourself, you don't measure yourself against, no disrespect to TORONTO or any other team that I can think of right now, you measure yourself against the Detroit Red Wings. They are the best in the league, and whether they won last year's Cup or didn't win last year's Cup, they're the measuring stick." - Bruce Boudreau

#44 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,700 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 08:41 PM

If I hear another moron say that the NHL put the Leafs in this game to make sure they fill they stadium I'm gonna flip.

If Michiganders can fill the stadium for a college hockey game, no one gives a damn who the Wings are playing, just the fact that the Wings are there will make it full.

I couldn't agree more! :clap:

#45 Nevermind

Nevermind

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 08:53 PM

They will be sold to people who have more money than me.

Or to those who have season-tickets and are ahead of me in the lottery..

:crybaby:

#46 Danielsm

Danielsm

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 09:02 PM

Sure hope I can get 4 up in the lottery. Man this will be difficult >.>

#47 miller76

miller76

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,719 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 09:04 PM

Well considering I live way away from this event, it's looking like stub hub is going to be my best option to get tickets and I know I'll be paying a price for them too <_<

I seem to be in the same predicament!
lighten up people, it's the internet!

#48 nmuwildcat

nmuwildcat

Jr. Prospect

• 21 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 09:32 PM

I am not sure how this lottery will work. The London Olympics lottery required full payment for the tickets to enter, then payments were refunded to the losers. Now, that is an awful way to treat a fan.

That's exactly how the NCAA does the Frozen Four tickets. You pay up front for tickets, wait six months, and either get tickets or a refund.

#49 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,764 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 10:22 PM

I know I want to go to this event, but there is part of me wondering how hard I should work to get tickets. I am going to have a great view from my 52 inch HDTV here at home. I am sure the atmosphere is worth going to. Hell, I went to the Cold War back in 2001 and that was worth going to.

In the end, I am going to work hard for tickets, but I am not going to lose sleep over not getting them. Sitting up in the cheap seats and not having a great view of the game is making my TV look like a better option.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#50 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 10:33 PM

I'm going to go ahead and throw caution to the wind and enter the lottery as soon as it's set up. Cross your fingers and wish me luck. Wonder if they'll put a limit on the number you can buy, say, four per winner...
Posted Image

#51 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,945 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 12:19 AM

demand would be ridiculous for sure and i bet it would be way up over a million, try 2-4 million lol.

and if we want to be realistic then bettman is going to want to get the most money out of this as possible and the biggest market for this game is southern ontario.

Yea I don't think a demand of at least 2 million is out of the question. Within a 2 hour drive, Toronto has 8 million people, and Detroit has almost 6 million. Not only will you get people from Michigan and Ontario wanting tickets, but people from Ohio, Pennsylvania, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin, Western New York, and even further wanting tickets. I'm expecting about at least 1 in 20 chance of winning the lottery and getting tickets. 3 of us want to go, so we're all going to enter the lottery, hopefully one of us get's a call.

It's the most popular American team going against the most popular Canadian team, and it's centrally located.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#52 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 01:37 AM

Translation, you are poor so we don't care about your desire to see the game. Go f*** yourself for being poor.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#53 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:19 AM

I'm a die hard Wings fan who has the poor misfortune of living in Toronto. I wanted to give any one who doesnt already know that the hotel situation in Ann Arbor is out of control. I literally called about 6-7 places last night trying to place a hold on a room. I was finally able to find a spot and get a room. For anyone who is going to require a room at a hotel you should, as ridiculously in advance as it is, make some calls and reserve a room now. If you're worried about not getting a ticket just find a spot that just uses your credit card to hold the room and not charge a deposit.
Posted Imagewww.unsportsmanlike.ca

#54 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:32 AM

From Toronto Star:

Burke boasted of Leaf Nation being able to purchase 50,000 seats in 72 hours

“It’s a no-brainer, with two Original Six teams,” said Richard Powers, the assistant dean at the Rotman School of Business at the University of Toronto. “Huge fan bases from both teams. The Leafs have the largest and most committed fan-base.

“It’s a great opportunity to showcase the league and the teams. It makes Bettman look brilliant. If it’s good for the league, it’s good for the Leafs.”

It’ll be the second time the Wings will be in the Classic. They participated in the second one, in Chicago’s historic Wrigley Field.

It will be the first time for the Leafs in any outdoor game. The two Heritage Classics in Canada featured Edmonton-Montreal and Calgary-Montreal.

The Leafs have been clamouring to be included in league events and the league intends to tap into the Leafs’ vast and mobile fan base to help fill The Big House, the largest sports venue in North America.

That’s why the Leafs are the first Canadian team to be invited into what had been a Made-In-America hockey event.

“Toronto is the only team that could fill that stadium,” said Powers. “This is a win-win for the league. It supports Bettman’s U.S. strategy. They will hype this.”

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#55 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,246 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:42 AM

For anyone that doubts this rivalry (I'm looking at you, Sharks fans) it's even boiling over to which fanbase can buy tickets faster. And we have a whole year of this. Can't freakin' wait!
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#56 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:03 AM

I'll be doing whatever I can to buy tickets - including spending entirely too much money on them. My wife-to-be and I already agreed that this is a once in a lifetime opportunity and that caution will be thrown to the wind.

That said, if we can't score tickets I think we'll still go for the festivities - maybe the Marlies / Griffins game and watch the WC from a bar somewhere downtown.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#57 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,519 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:13 AM

Honest question.....how much were tickets to the college game?

#58 korrowan

korrowan

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:30 AM

Since I'm in PA I hope i've got a decent shot in the lottery. I will say I'm very disappointed bu the posts of some individuals who are basically saying F me and the other out of state fans who'd love to go and get the big house rocking.

I am with you. Also from PA and I really want to make the trip. Michigan people should be thrilled that people want to actually go there and spend money haha.

#59 Chelios57

Chelios57

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 12:28 PM

Honest question.....how much were tickets to the college game?

As a broke college student, I paid $50 for the Big Chill.

As a broke out of college person. I'll pay whatever it costs.

I'm glad we're playing the Leafs, I really am, but we do not NEED them for this event. There's Wings fans coming from Montana to see this game.

Michigan may be f*&^ed as a State right now, but there would be no shortage of 115,000 Wings fans willing to drop some serious money for a piece of Red Wings history.

Detroit is ranked no.4 in playing to high percentage capacity at road games. Toronto... no.12.

Edited by Chelios57, 10 February 2012 - 12:32 PM.

Atlanta Thrashers: 1999-2011

WINTER CLASSIC 2013

"When you want to measure yourself, you don't measure yourself against, no disrespect to TORONTO or any other team that I can think of right now, you measure yourself against the Detroit Red Wings. They are the best in the league, and whether they won last year's Cup or didn't win last year's Cup, they're the measuring stick." - Bruce Boudreau

#60 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 12:50 PM

I'm a die hard Wings fan who has the poor misfortune of living in Toronto. I wanted to give any one who doesnt already know that the hotel situation in Ann Arbor is out of control. I literally called about 6-7 places last night trying to place a hold on a room. I was finally able to find a spot and get a room. For anyone who is going to require a room at a hotel you should, as ridiculously in advance as it is, make some calls and reserve a room now. If you're worried about not getting a ticket just find a spot that just uses your credit card to hold the room and not charge a deposit.

If you're ok with a slight drive look outside of Ann Arbor. I know you'll have the hassle of having to get to Ann Arbor and park but at least you'll have somewhere to stay. Who knows there may even be some that will run shuttles. Try Canton, Plymouth, Livonia, Novi those are all within a half hour to 45 minute drive (without traffic).

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011