• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 05:20 PM

Well it's 2012 and there's a ton of games that are going to be released this year. What are you looking forward to playing this year?

For me, Mass Effect 3, Bioshock Infinite, and Borderlands 2.

I've been a big fan of the previous two Mass Effect games and introducing co-op play to Mass Effect 3 has me really excited. This one is coming very soon so get your preorders in and avoid paying for an online pass.

Bioshock Infinite looks pretty incredible, I don't know if any of you have seen the trailer, but it looks to be setting itself apart from the first two.

If you didn't get a chance to play the first Borderlands it's available now for around $15 and is quietly one of the best games on the console. I'm really looking forward to the sequel which arrives in June, offering a bigger variety of the already millions of guns and more in-depth skill trees and leveling.

Edit: Spelling

Edited by BlazeYoungblood, 11 February 2012 - 06:10 AM.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#2 Jedi

Jedi

I used to be a spy...

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,821 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:35 AM

Mass Effect 3 is by far my most anticipated. Been in love with this series since the first one, and I cannot wait to see how they wrap this whole thing up. It's going to be awesome, I just know it.

The rest of 2012 for me will likely be spent on Halo 4, Assassin's Creed 3, and possibly Resident Evil 6.

There's also a game coming out for iOS devices (iPhone, iPad) called Star Command that looks like it will be fun. It's essentially a "Build Your Own Star Trek" game.

burnnotice2.png
Covert Ops has its perks. You travel, make your own hours, and expense most of your meals.
The downside? Lots of people want you dead...

#3 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 04:34 PM

I'll definitely be picking up Halo 4, the Combat Evolved Anniversary was pretty solid and was the first Halo game created by the new developers. It has promise, and i'm a Halo fan in general so I won't be overlooking this one.

Resident Evil 6 will probably be a purchase as well, i've played most of them so far and althought RE5 control scheme was a bit awkward I still enjoyed it.

Stealth games are my enemy, it's part of the reason why I can't bring myself to enjoy either of the Batman games, and it's been the same story with Assassins Creed. I don't have the patience for them as much as i've tried.

I'll also be picking up the latest Battlefield game whatever that should be, and if the rumors are correct, Fallout 4 may be released by the end of the year. At this point, anything Fallout or Elder Scrolls are a must buy for me.

#4 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 04:24 AM

Mass Effect 3 and Mass Effect 3. And let's not forget Mass Effect 3.

ME2 was probably the best game I've ever played, so I'm very excited for the third.

#5 softshoes

softshoes

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 01:45 PM

Mass Effect 3 and Mass Effect 3. And let's not forget Mass Effect 3.

ME2 was probably the best game I've ever played, so I'm very excited for the third.

Umm, you forgot Mass Effect 3. I can't wait to get my grubby hands on that one.
"Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f***in beatin's. The world ends when you're dead. Until then you got more punishment in store.Stand it like a man, and give some back."

- Al Swearengen

#6 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,947 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 08:19 PM

Metal Gear for me.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#7 Hockey13Playa

Hockey13Playa

Here's my card.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,414 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:06 PM

I want the new Hitman Absolution. Supposed to be 2012 but may bur pushed to 2013. I'm a big fan of the Hitman games; the new one looks fantastic. Love stealthy type games. Also GTAV is a no brainer. That's also a 2012 rumor. I'll also probably pick up NHL13; as I've had ever game since NHL97.

Posted Image

#8 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:56 AM

I want the new Hitman Absolution. Supposed to be 2012 but may bur pushed to 2013. I'm a big fan of the Hitman games; the new one looks fantastic. Love stealthy type games. Also GTAV is a no brainer. That's also a 2012 rumor. I'll also probably pick up NHL13; as I've had ever game since NHL97.

As someone else that just recently got into next gen Hockey games, I gotta stress this to you. No matter how attractive classic controls look, try to learn the skill stick. It's so awesome once you do.

#9 Finnish Wing

Finnish Wing

13th Forward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:00 AM

Angry Birds 2.
Detroit Red Wings & Tampereen Ilves forever!

#10 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,578 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 08:34 PM

I'm looking forward to Bioshock Infinite the most. Starting to get impatient it's taking so long to release it.

Also looking forward to Borderlands 2 and the new Metal Gear Rising. Have a feeling I won't like this Metal Gear though.

#11 Hockey13Playa

Hockey13Playa

Here's my card.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,414 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 10:29 PM

As someone else that just recently got into next gen Hockey games, I gotta stress this to you. No matter how attractive classic controls look, try to learn the skill stick. It's so awesome once you do.

I may have worded my last post kind of bad. I was typing on my iPhone though lol. I actually have been using the skill stick since they introduced in 2009, I love it. I just am kind of fed up with the lack of improvements on the game. I still however buy it each and every year. To anyone thats every played THE SHOW for PS3, that is a PERFECT game to model the franchise mode after, everything the game has to offer its SOOOOOO deep. I love it. Its also challenging. I feel with NHL its to easy. I win 50+ games a year, and there is no strategy involved. The franchise mode is weak/stale/boring. The AI in Franchise sucks as well. I am big GM mode/franchise mode kind of guy and after playing THE SHOW, that game is incredible. NHL needs to model there game off that. I love the skill stick but I think they need to make the game more "authentic" and "real" and improve not only the game play, but graphics and all the content that goes with it. Sorry for turning this into an NHL debate/rant.

Also hey Finnish Wing, are they really coming out with Angry Birds 2? I play Angry Birds, Angry Birds Seasons, and Angry Birds RIO on my iPhone all the time when I have to pass by some time!

Posted Image

#12 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 01:43 AM

I may have worded my last post kind of bad. I was typing on my iPhone though lol. I actually have been using the skill stick since they introduced in 2009, I love it. I just am kind of fed up with the lack of improvements on the game. I still however buy it each and every year. To anyone thats every played THE SHOW for PS3, that is a PERFECT game to model the franchise mode after, everything the game has to offer its SOOOOOO deep. I love it. Its also challenging. I feel with NHL its to easy. I win 50+ games a year, and there is no strategy involved. The franchise mode is weak/stale/boring. The AI in Franchise sucks as well. I am big GM mode/franchise mode kind of guy and after playing THE SHOW, that game is incredible. NHL needs to model there game off that. I love the skill stick but I think they need to make the game more "authentic" and "real" and improve not only the game play, but graphics and all the content that goes with it. Sorry for turning this into an NHL debate/rant.

Also hey Finnish Wing, are they really coming out with Angry Birds 2? I play Angry Birds, Angry Birds Seasons, and Angry Birds RIO on my iPhone all the time when I have to pass by some time!

A combo of that and my clumsy reading.. I thought you had said you hadn't bought an NHL game since 97. My mistake :D

I have an unusual addiction to Angry Birds.. and the lesser known but equally addictive Worms games.

I currently only have an Xbox.. if I ever do buy a PS3 its going to be solely for The Show. I'm an MLB fan and you are about the 6th person that has said the game is pretty much perfect and represents the sport beautifully. I'd be interested to check out the Uncharted series as well.

Edited by BlazeYoungblood, 14 February 2012 - 01:44 AM.

#13 Finnish Wing

Finnish Wing

13th Forward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 07:28 AM

Haha, probably not. Have no idea, I was just messing around.

I liked the first Mass Effect but haven't had time to play the next one so ME3 wont be on my list here. The new Hitman is definitely something I look forward to as I've played all the games in that series a couple times through.

Also, the new Counter-Strike could be interesting. Counter-Strike is really the only online FPS I've ever like. Never liked that much about CODs or BFs etc.

edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svlkx-jsYeg

God damn it! Why did I have to look that clip?! Now I already want to play it. Maybe I'll need go through SA or BM again.

Edited by Finnish Wing, 14 February 2012 - 07:49 AM.

Detroit Red Wings & Tampereen Ilves forever!

#14 Hockey13Playa

Hockey13Playa

Here's my card.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,414 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 01:31 PM

A combo of that and my clumsy reading.. I thought you had said you hadn't bought an NHL game since 97. My mistake :D

I have an unusual addiction to Angry Birds.. and the lesser known but equally addictive Worms games.

I currently only have an Xbox.. if I ever do buy a PS3 its going to be solely for The Show. I'm an MLB fan and you are about the 6th person that has said the game is pretty much perfect and represents the sport beautifully. I'd be interested to check out the Uncharted series as well.

Hah its all good! Yeah I meant I have played/owned every NHL since 97'! Yeah I go through my phases with Angry Birds, play it like crazy trying to get three stars on all the levels then I don't touch it for a couple of months, pick it back up again and so on.

I have Xbox and PS3; without getting into a super lengthy post here I had XBox first. I am now anti Microsoft as I feel they make some s***ty products and I just don't approve. With that being said that is also why I use Mac computers. However, I mainly got PS3 because I went out to Best Buy to purchase a top of the line blu ray player, and figured I might as well spend the extra $50.00 and get a PS3. Well since I did that I bought a blu ray and said f*ck it, might as well buy a PS3 game as well! Needless to say that was an expensive day. (My first PS3 game was Uncharted 2).

As far as THE SHOW, omg yes its amazing. No sports game of any genre comes close. Everything from all the stuff you control to injuries to commentating to graphics to AI to etc etc etc is just so amazing and life like. Its all the little things they add and do to that game that make it. Very very authentic and challenging. If you have any questions definitely look it up or shot me a PM or something, I can go into greater detail on this game without blowing up this thread. So add THE SHOW 13 to my games list, comes out in March!

I liked the first Mass Effect but haven't had time to play the next one so ME3 wont be on my list here. The new Hitman is definitely something I look forward to as I've played all the games in that series a couple times through.

Also, the new Counter-Strike could be interesting. Counter-Strike is really the only online FPS I've ever like. Never liked that much about CODs or BFs etc.

edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svlkx-jsYeg

God damn it! Why did I have to look that clip?! Now I already want to play it. Maybe I'll need go through SA or BM again.

Oh haha I thought you were serious, I was going to say damn that is sweet!!! Yes Hitman is a must buy for me, the only one I owned was Silent Assassin and that was some years ago now. The new one looks incredible though. They are somewhat similar to the Tom Clancy Splinter Cell games, I miss those as well.

Posted Image

#15 Hockey13Playa

Hockey13Playa

Here's my card.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,414 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 01:40 PM

I also forgot to add the Uncharted series is fantasic, I have 1, 2, and 3. All amazing games. Very fun and great story lines. Naughty Dog is the company who made UC 1/2/3 are in the process of making another game right now, its slated for late 2012 early 2013 I beleive; called The Last of Us. I would add that to my list as well. There isn't a whole lot out on that game but it looks pretty promising.

Posted Image

#16 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,947 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 05:03 PM

I'm looking forward to Bioshock Infinite the most. Starting to get impatient it's taking so long to release it.

Also looking forward to Borderlands 2 and the new Metal Gear Rising. Have a feeling I won't like this Metal Gear though.

Well, they haven't made a bad Metal Gear yet.

But without Snake, the game could have issues.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#17 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 01:00 AM

Well, they haven't made a bad Metal Gear yet.

But without Snake, the game could have issues.

I've played the original on NES through Metal Gear Solid on the first playstation. I agree, they have all been excellent although I haven't played many of the more recent ones being an Xbox and Xbox 360 owner during their release.

They just did release the Metal Gear HD collection on Xbox so I may pick that one up soon and get some catchup going.

There is a Mass Effect 3 co-op demo available now for those of us chomping at the bit to get our hands on it. Definitely give it a look even if you haven't played any Mass Effect games, it's a phenomenal series. Game itself releases in 3 weeks, i'll be starting up a ME3 thread the week it comes out.

#18 Jedi

Jedi

I used to be a spy...

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,821 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 02:38 PM

Actually, it appears a new Angry Birds game is just over the horizon. The Lunar horizon, that is...

http://space.angrybirds.com/teaser1/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YZ_yLQadBg

burnnotice2.png
Covert Ops has its perks. You travel, make your own hours, and expense most of your meals.
The downside? Lots of people want you dead...

#19 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:09 PM

I'm going to add Far Cry 3 to the list, the trailers look excellent. I was going to pass on this game until I started seeing the gameplay videos and seeing how much it's changed to make itself a solid shooter.

I'm also looking forward to Torchlight 2 and with the recent announcement by Bethesda, regardless of when it comes out, Dishonored makes one of the top games on my list.

#20 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:42 PM

We are about halfway into the Winter gaming season insanity, we've already seen a few big name releases and there's more to come. Below i'm posting up some of the biggest name games that deserve a look before 2013 hits. Considering about everyone on here already owns NHL 13 i'll exclude it from the list but it still gets honorable mention.

Borderlands 2
Sequel to the mass looting cooperative smash hit, BL2 offers a more expansive campaign, more weapon varieties, and minor improvements to an already fantastic game. I'm a fanatic of the series and plan on sinking a ton of hours into the second.

Dishonored
From the creators of Skyrim and Fallout 3, Dishonored is a stealth based first person shooter blending elements of Bioshock, Half Life, and Assassins Creed. After a lenghty hands-on with this game it's going to be a competitor for Game of the Year and brings an exciting new franchise to Bethesda Studios' arsenal of epic games.

Worms Revolution
Worms has been around for nearly 15 years now, and it's finally received a facelift and released on the Xbox Arcade. With modernized graphics, 55 weapons, and tons of customization, Worms brings a comical edge to the artillery based strategy genre and delivers with endless varieties of gameplay.

Halo 4
Master Chief returns, but this time not under the wing of developer Bungie. 343 Industries is tackling the gigantic Halo franchise and hopes to deliver, hopefully the final product will live up to the reputation of Halo and not be a major bomb for it's newest developer.

XCOM: Enemy Unknown
Fans of Civilization have long anticipated the release of a modern XCOM and its finally arrived. Protect our planet in turn based gameplay against the extraterrestrial invaders, strategize and perfect your tactics to survive tense battles. It's a brilliant title for the strategy gamer, most likely plays better on the PC opposed to consoles.

Resident Evil 6
Resident Evil 6 is taking a new approach this time around, maintaining the same combat system from the previous two games, RE6 is split up between 3 different campaigns and characters. The reviews have been minorly disappointing but that shouldn't deter fans of Capcom's survival horror thriller.

Call Of Duty Black Ops 2
Yeah, here comes another one. If you aren't already burned out by Call of Duty titles, this one is taking a slightly different approach by stepping a bit into the future. It's being built on the same engine that has been used since Call of Duty 4, so the gameplay is anticipated to match previous titles with prestige modes and zombies.

Far Cry 3
The third installment of this cult classic is on it's way, and it's received a pretty major restoration. Far Cry 2 introduced an innovative map building system and fire physics that hadn't been seen before in any game, and FC3 looks to build on that and compete with modern shooters. It is shaping up very nicely, this Jungle shooter will release in early November.

Assassins Creed 3
The newest Assassins Creed title launches at the end of this month, and fans anticipate it will be the best one yet. Based around an open world with stealth mechanics, AC3 promises to be a huge and lengthy experience for those willing to put the work into it. A potential Game of the Year nominee.

So far i've picked up Borderlands 2, NHL 13, Dishonored, XCom, and Worms Revolution. I plan on picking up Halo 4, Far Cry 3, and Resident Evil 6 before the end of the year. I'm not picking up Black Ops 2 this time around, nor do I plan on getting Assassins Creed 3.

Anyone wanting to add to this list please do so, i'm not as familiar with the big name PS3 or PC fall game releases.

Edited by BlazeYoungblood, 11 October 2012 - 06:43 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users