• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

2/10 GDT : Ducks 1 at Red Wings 2 (SO)

Rate this topic

All you folks saying this was the best game you've watched or been too must not have watched the same game I did. Most of our players were invisible, especially Franzen who is supposed to be our clutch scorer. I still think we need an experienced back up for the playoffs, but if it wasn't for Joey playing a great game, the Ducks would've slaughter the Wings tonight. Perry may be a ******, but I would trade Franzen for him today. Too bad he isn't worth the spit of Perry, so Anaheim would laugh at that trade proposal!

If anything that was fun..does anyone get the feeling we might never lose at home lol. We aren't pretty lately but like Babs says 2 points is 2 points.

The Flyers will be a tough test. Bryz has been playing well as of the last couple weeks. The Wings will need to be on their game to beat them. I still won't bet against the Wings though. I hope they get #20 on Sunday.

All you folks saying this was the best game you've watched or been too must not have watched the same game I did. Most of our players were invisible, especially Franzen who is supposed to be our clutch scorer. I still think we need an experienced back up for the playoffs, but if it wasn't for Joey playing a great game, the Ducks would've slaughter the Wings tonight. Perry may be a ******, but I would trade Franzen for him today. Too bad he isn't worth the spit of Perry, so Anaheim would laugh at that trade proposal!

It was NOT the best game I have seen. It was one of the most entertaining and nerve wrecking games I have seen in a long while with everything that was on the line.

Not too many (a couple a year), but I was with some good friends I don't see that much, and a shoot out win was pretty sweet when you're with friends.

Ahh okay. I can understand that. It's just that judging it from the hockey aspect alone I'm not sure any of us would say that's one of the best games we've seen live and in person.

I don't know what game you watched but it was far from entertaining. The Wings sustained little to no pressure for most of the game, they apparently do not have a powerplay that can score goals and had Franzen figure skating around all night. To me an exciting game is 2 teams getting their chances, but the Wings controlling the play minimizing the other team's chances while sustaining most of the pressure. Their passing is to be crisp, and have ability to quickly go from offence to defence. This game was far from that, and thus not entertaining at all until the overtime period.

#1 - Joey deserves the backup role. His play over the last 3 games has decided that by now. If you haven't seen that, and are still calling for a backup, I don't know what you expect out of a backup goalie, except that what you demand isn't realistic. Did Joey give our team a chance to win the last 3 games? Yes. Hell, he has only allowed 2 goals in 1 game that he played. Every other game he played he has only allowed 1. I mean, isn't that good enough? I say keep playing him. He has deserved the opportunity.

#2 - Wings didn't play the best game tonight, and they still won.

#3 - Playoff stats

Perry - 18G, 25A, 43P in 53G

Franzen - 37G, 35A, 72P in 83G

I think you need to stop comparing them because Franzen is by far a much better performer in playoffs. Perry has a little better upside because he is younger, but thats about it.

Ahh okay. I can understand that. It's just that judging it from the hockey aspect alone I'm not sure any of us would say that's one of the best games we've seen live and in person.

I totally agree. From my section 217a view and limited replays, they definitely struggled on D and Franzen wasn't so clutch tonight.

We won right? sometimes it's hard to tell with you ! Slaughter..lol...good one. So it's outside the realm of possibility that one of our goalies may steal a game from time to time like happens to us often. Wings looked stale but I will take a stale 2 points any day of the week.

#1 - Joey deserves the backup role. His play over the last 3 games has decided that by now. If you haven't seen that, and are still calling for a backup, I don't know what you expect out of a backup goalie, except that what you demand isn't realistic. Did Joey give our team a chance to win the last 3 games? Yes. Hell, he has only allowed 2 goals in 1 game that he played. Every other game he played he has only allowed 1. I mean, isn't that good enough? I say keep playing him. He has deserved the opportunity.

#2 - Wings didn't play the best game tonight, and they still won.

#3 - Playoff stats

Perry - 18G, 25A, 43P in 53G

Franzen - 37G, 35A, 72P in 83G

I think you need to stop comparing them because Franzen is by far a much better performer in playoffs. Perry has a little better upside because he is younger, but thats about it.

81.1% versus 86.7% for ppg

I wouldn't consider that far better.. Plus what about all the other stats? I would be curious to know how they stack up

Do you get tired beating that dead horse?

Do you think wearing the road jersey at home was to bring a bit of that home winning luck onto the road next time they are away? Did anyone mention why they did that? It was weird to see at first, I had to do a double take to make sure they were playing at the Joe.

Do you think wearing the road jersey at home was to bring a bit of that home winning luck onto the road next time they are away? Did anyone mention why they did that? It was weird to see at first, I had to do a double take to make sure they were playing at the Joe.

The Pens/Leafs had a home and home a week or two ago and they both did the same thing

81.1% versus 86.7% for ppg

I wouldn't consider that far better.. Plus what about all the other stats? I would be curious to know how they stack up

Neither set of stats is very useful as is. Stats from 2008 and beyond are most representative of the type of player Franzen is now. For three consecutive playoff years Franzen was PPG or better in the playoffs; last year he was hurt. He is certainly a more effective playoff scorer than regular season guy.

Do you get tired beating that dead horse?

Nope. According to most of you, he is the most clutch player in the NHL, so until he starts playing like it and actually puts in some "clutch" goals when the team needs them, then no I am not. Besides beating a dead horse means to keep saying something everyone knows is true. So I guess you think it is true too?

Neither set of stats is very useful as is. Stats from 2008 and beyond are most representative of the type of player Franzen is now. For three consecutive playoff years Franzen was PPG or better in the playoffs; last year he was hurt. He is certainly a more effective playoff scorer than regular season guy.

I agree. I think I am just trying to squash the "Franzen can't hold a candle to Perry" argument. They are both about equal all things considered. Perry has youth while Franzen has a track record of performance.

Guest Hatethedrake!

Just want to say that Joey Mac has earned the back-up job. Now Kenny can go after Selanne, Moen and Kubina.