• Please log in to reply
411 replies to this topic

#361 TheXym

TheXym

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,580 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:33 PM

Joey deserves to be our backup for the rest of the season. Thats for sure. Send down Conklin to the Griffins.

Agreed about Joey. What about a Conklin for Carter trade, lol. I'd throw in a draft pitcher and a pound of bacon ;). I've like Conkblocker in the past but Joey has definitely earned the backup spot imho.
It's pronounced "Zim" not "Exim". Aw heck with it, just call me Scott.

#362 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

SUCK IT DUCKS, SUCK IT OHALLARAN. 19th win goddamit

To be fair if it wasn't for O'Halloran it would've been 2-1 Ducks.

#363 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,333 posts

If you need a Hottest Wing Goalie Girl, count me in too!

Libations, FOR EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#364 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:34 PM

Where Dawn, Karen, and Linda when I need them???

What did we miss? What do you need?

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#365 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:35 PM

Yzerman.

#366 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:37 PM

Flyers, Sunday on national TV. Pretty fitting for the run at the NHL Record.

bringit.jpg

#367 Tim.D

Tim.D

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:39 PM

On the Greektown bus right now. Best non-playoff Wings game I have been to!!

#368 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:40 PM

You can complain all you want about the reffing but I thought Dan Ohalloran did a good job reffing tonight. Yah he called a lot of penalties, but he was CONSISTENT with his calls. He called a strict game for both teams and I am okay with that. I would obviously prefer refs to be lenient with calls for both teams but how many times do we have games where calls are one-sided and inconsistent. As I have said many times, Dan Ohalloran is one of the most consistent refs in the league.

#369 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:40 PM

Joey deserves to be our backup for the rest of the season. Thats for sure. Send down Conklin to the Griffins.

Wow. This coming from someone who always has the goalie's back.

#370 NBCnothingbutcrosby

NBCnothingbutcrosby

Rookie

• Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:42 PM

0/6 Glad we have a powerplay. New assistant coach anyone?
Not now chief, I'm in the zone.

#371 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,752 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:44 PM

Agreed about Joey. What about a Conklin for Carter trade, lol. I'd throw in a draft pitcher and a pound of bacon ;). I've like Conkblocker in the past but Joey has definitely earned the backup spot imho.

I suppose if I was dreaming, then I would make that trade and they would accept it. The bacon would seal the deal. :D

Conklin will clear waivers easily and he will provide the Griffins with a veteran NHL goalie. After watching the 5-1 ass-whoopin at Van Andel tonight, they need the help.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#372 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:45 PM

On the Greektown bus right now. Best non-playoff Wings game I have been to!!

Hmm... How many Wings games have you been?

#373 Nightfall

Nightfall

• Gold Booster
  • 3,752 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:50 PM

Wow. This coming from someone who always has the goalie's back.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to choose the best goalie between Conklin and Joey. Joey has taken the spot easily. Conklin has had his chances, but has not played solid enough to take the spot. Its a no brainer choice.

You can complain all you want about the reffing but I thought Dan Ohalloran did a good job reffing tonight. Yah he called a lot of penalties, but he was CONSISTENT with his calls. He called a strict game for both teams and I am okay with that. I would obviously prefer refs to be lenient with calls for both teams but how many times do we have games where calls are one-sided and inconsistent. As I have said many times, Dan Ohalloran is one of the most consistent refs in the league.

I have to agree. I did not disagree with any of his calls through the game. The Ducks played a solid game tonight, and Joey and the Wings played well. Joey especially. :)

Down to the Griffins?

Just grab a rifle and take him out back.

Hell, the Griffins have zero consistency. Maybe a veteran goalie would be the thing that shakes them up enough. They played a crap game tonight and lost 5-1. I am willing to put a freaking construction cone in the net if it would help light a fire under that team. Its obvious the coach isn't doing his job.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#374 Tim.D

Tim.D

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:50 PM

Hmm... How many Wings games have you been?

Not too many (a couple a year), but I was with some good friends I don't see that much, and a shoot out win was pretty sweet when you're with friends.

#375 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,606 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:51 PM

If anything that was fun..does anyone get the feeling we might never lose at home lol. We aren't pretty lately but like Babs says 2 points is 2 points.

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

#376 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,697 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:53 PM

All you folks saying this was the best game you've watched or been too must not have watched the same game I did. Most of our players were invisible, especially Franzen who is supposed to be our clutch scorer. I still think we need an experienced back up for the playoffs, but if it wasn't for Joey playing a great game, the Ducks would've slaughter the Wings tonight. Perry may be a ******, but I would trade Franzen for him today. Too bad he isn't worth the spit of Perry, so Anaheim would laugh at that trade proposal!

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#377 Nightfall

Nightfall

• Gold Booster
  • 3,752 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:54 PM

If anything that was fun..does anyone get the feeling we might never lose at home lol. We aren't pretty lately but like Babs says 2 points is 2 points.

The Flyers will be a tough test. Bryz has been playing well as of the last couple weeks. The Wings will need to be on their game to beat them. I still won't bet against the Wings though. I hope they get #20 on Sunday.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#378 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,333 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:55 PM

All you folks saying this was the best game you've watched or been too must not have watched the same game I did. Most of our players were invisible, especially Franzen who is supposed to be our clutch scorer. I still think we need an experienced back up for the playoffs, but if it wasn't for Joey playing a great game, the Ducks would've slaughter the Wings tonight. Perry may be a ******, but I would trade Franzen for him today. Too bad he isn't worth the spit of Perry, so Anaheim would laugh at that trade proposal!

It was NOT the best game I have seen. It was one of the most entertaining and nerve wrecking games I have seen in a long while with everything that was on the line.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#379 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:57 PM

Not too many (a couple a year), but I was with some good friends I don't see that much, and a shoot out win was pretty sweet when you're with friends.

Ahh okay. I can understand that. It's just that judging it from the hockey aspect alone I'm not sure any of us would say that's one of the best games we've seen live and in person.

#380 zztop40

zztop40

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:59 PM

Poor Homer, his nose looks like it might hurt...Yikes !