• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
kerism17

What Ken Holland should do at the deadline

Rate this topic

Hudler: 54gp 17g 34pts 15:05 min/game 22.4%shooting 11 blks 33 hits 5'10" 186lbs $2,875,000 cap hit

Semin: 50gp 14g 33pts 16:45 min/game 13.5%shooting 12 blks 24 hits 6'2" 209lbs $6,700,000 cap hit

It speaks volumes about just how much is wrong with Semin right now that he's neck and neck with a midget getting 2nd/3rd line mins.

So is Semin scoring more than Hudler? No. Producing more in fewer mins? No. Shooting better? No. Hitting more? No. More talented? Yes. Signed next season? No.

Honestly it's arguable he'd even be more than a lateral move if we're comparing each player's output this season.

And Semin's playoff play? Yikes... 0g 2a in 7gp two years ago, 4g 2a in 9gp last year.

So basically you want to trade Hudler for a guy making more than anyone else on the Wings but producing less offence than Hudler. AND you want to throw tons of other s*** in the deal too like one of our top prospects (Tatar). From Washington's prespective they get guy who can produce as much as Semin in less ice time PLUS $3,825,000 in cap relief (noting that Washington has$0 in cap space right this season).

Holland would have to be a meth addict to make that trade.

lol

In all fairness, Zetterberg's numbers are crappy this year too. Same as Ovechkin. That doesn't mean those guys are worse than Filppula, who's putting up better stats per icetime.

In all fairness, Zetterberg's numbers are crappy this year too. Same as Ovechkin. That doesn't mean those guys are worse than Filppula, who's putting up better stats per icetime.

Eric Staal, Dany Heatley, Rich Nash, Jeff Carter, Brad Richards are all big name stars that are underachieving pretty severely this season. Guys get into ruts.. it's going to happen. Look at Kessel last season compared to this one, same with Spezza. I think when it comes down to Semin though, there's more of an underlying issue with him, he really isn't putting a whole ton of effort into it and it shows. I'm just not convinced he's a 6 mil plus per season guy.

Hudler: 54gp 17g 34pts 15:05 min/game 22.4%shooting 11 blks 33 hits 5'10" 186lbs $2,875,000 cap hit

Semin: 50gp 14g 33pts 16:45 min/game 13.5%shooting 12 blks 24 hits 6'2" 209lbs $6,700,000 cap hit

It speaks volumes about just how much is wrong with Semin right now that he's neck and neck with a midget getting 2nd/3rd line mins.

So is Semin scoring more than Hudler? No. Producing more in fewer mins? No. Shooting better? No. Hitting more? No. More talented? Yes. Signed next season? No.

Honestly it's arguable he'd even be more than a lateral move if we're comparing each player's output this season.

And Semin's playoff play? Yikes... 0g 2a in 7gp two years ago, 4g 2a in 9gp last year.

So basically you want to trade Hudler for a guy making more than anyone else on the Wings but producing less offence than Hudler. AND you want to throw tons of other s*** in the deal too like one of our top prospects (Tatar). From Washington's prespective they get guy who can produce as much as Semin in less ice time PLUS $3,825,000 in cap relief (noting that Washington has$0 in cap space right this season).

Holland would have to be a meth addict to make that trade.

lol

to sum this up, semin = kovalev. he can take his heartless lazy play the f*** back to russia after this season and the NHL will be better without him.

if the Wings make any moves I thing it should be to rent Selanne for the playoffs. since he will be UFA at seasons end, Anaheim could sign him back if he decides to give it another go, or they will allow Selanne to have 1 more shot at the cup with a serious contender and hang em up and they gain whatever they get from the Wings, be it Kindl or draft picks, they will have something to show for a trade.

After watching last nights game I really think we need a 5/6 d man. Our issue (although a good one) is that the chemistry on our top 2 pairs is too good to split up and we have no where to hide either Ericcson or Kindl, those two playing together get exposed at times. There were 2 times last night when the Stars top line had them hemmed in their own end for an entire shift. Bring in another guy and make those guys earn their spot..right now they are fighting Commodore for the last spot and that's not much of a push. A top 6 forward if it was the right fit would be good but I don't think Kenny wants to mess with the chemistry of this squad too much.

The rumor mills keep talking about Alex Hemsky. I am telling you now that would be the WORST possible acquisition. The guy can't stay healthy plus he is a "lightweight". We already have two lightweights on the second line. Wings need a shooter who is not afraid to take a big hit and to deliver a big hit..... period..... because I will tell you now... San Jose, Vancouver and St. Louis will deliver hits that will cause some injury.... guaranteed. And it is possible that Wings could face all three teams in the playoffs.

Guest Crymson

The rumor mills keep talking about Alex Hemsky. I am telling you now that would be the WORST possible acquisition. The guy can't stay healthy plus he is a "lightweight". We already have two lightweights on the second line. Wings need a shooter who is not afraid to take a big hit and to deliver a big hit..... period..... because I will tell you now... San Jose, Vancouver and St. Louis will deliver hits that will cause some injury.... guaranteed. And it is possible that Wings could face all three teams in the playoffs.

It's Ales (pronounced Alesh). Anyway, I agree that he'd be a bad acquisition. Not only is he having a horrible season, not only is he hugely injury-prone, not only is he unwilling to go to the hard areas, he's also soft and takes nights off. No thanks on giving up assets for that.

I will half way agree with you on the point about the San Jose bit at the end.

I don't believe we need someone tough or a hitter to combat these teams. We historically in the playoffs do extremely well over the toughest teams. What beats us consistently with the Sharks is simple. Not being able to get gritty goals. This has nothing to do with hitting, it has to do with not being able to shut down Pavalski and Clowe or scoring while they do.

One solution might be to study who historically gets the most points differential against Pavalski, and trade for that person. Remember, Zetterberg, Pavel, Val, and Franzen have been powerless to shut them down.

I'm think Holland's gonna make a huge push for Teemu Selanne. That's if he wants out, and the Ducks have given up on making the playoffs. I would love to seee him in the Winged Wheel. He'd be stellar for us in the playoffs. One can dream.

Does Murray now pull the trigger even though Anaheim is playing pretty great? As much as I intially thought Selanne was "not moveable" along with Koivo. I would love to have him here but obviously he would be a rental player most likely. So what would be the price be and of course does Selanne want to even come here? Same thing with Nash? They can pick up to 5-10 teams they would want to go?

All interesting questions....

I want nash to stay right where he is, only because I don't think we could get him or even need him and I don't want someone like san jose, st.louis or van getting him or it could be devistating for us.

I mean of course we could use him but at what cost.

Guest Hatethedrake!

im hearing Bryan Allen to the Wings over here in the UK, anyone else heard that stateside?

would do a job for us if it is true. probably just a rental thou, or Stuy's replacement if he goes.

Provided the price isn't high, I could see Holland being interested in Allen.

Well it looks like Holland might not be doing much of anything come deadline time... Ugh sighhhhhhhhh!

With the trade market somewhat scarce this year, the Red Wings are unsure if they will be all that active comes the Feb. 27 deadline.

According to the Detroit News, Wings GM Ken Holland is still looking to add depth and grit in a complementary piece up front or on the blueline, but is not going to spend his $5.7 million cap space just to make a trade. "Nothing is imminent right now," Holland said. "We like the chemistry of our team. We like what we have. We feel we have a good team. We're not going to trade away assets for a player who may not crack our lineup. "While Holland is no longer interest in acquiring help in between the pipes, he could be interest in getting a goal-scoring forward if anyone on the market is available. However, teams are either falling out of, or into, playoff contention every day, making it hard for them and their veteran players to determine their position for the deadline. The Wings are interested in pure rentals, guys who are set to become unrestricted free agents this summer and can help them in a run at the Stanley Cup. While star players Rick Nash and Jeff Carter of the Columbus Blue Jackets have too much time and money left on their contracts, which would weaken the Wings roster, other high-profile names have caught the attention of Holland. Anaheim's Teemu Selanne, Edmonton's Ryan Smyth and Ales Hemsky and Carolina's Tuomo Ruutu have been linked as possible targets, but Hemsky seems to be the only sure bet on the market. Meanwhile, the Sabres' Paul Gaustad and the Canadiens' Travis Moen are gritty players who would fit nicely onto the Wings' third or fourth lines, but both are expected to draw a lot of interest leading to trade deadline.

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/det120216.html

To WSH:

Jiri Hudler

Jan Mursak

Cory Emmerton

2012 2nd

Conditional 2013 3rd

To DET:

Alexander Semin

Troy Brouwer

Lines

Filppula - Datsyuk - Semin