• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#21 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 03:20 PM

I've said before that I would love Nikolai Kulemin. At that price though...

#22 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,591 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 05:15 PM

I would like to see Selanne here. He did say that he and Val have good chemistry and the way he said lets put it that way leads me to believe the answer would be yes if he would like to Finnish (pun intended) the season on Val's team and Detroit came calling. Not unless Val is going to be traded to Anaheim in a package deal for Perry or Ryan....Hmmmmmm.....

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#23 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,335 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 05:42 PM

Hudler: 54gp 17g 34pts 15:05 min/game 22.4%shooting 11 blks 33 hits 5'10" 186lbs $2,875,000 cap hit
Semin: 50gp 14g 33pts 16:45 min/game 13.5%shooting 12 blks 24 hits 6'2" 209lbs $6,700,000 cap hit

It speaks volumes about just how much is wrong with Semin right now that he's neck and neck with a midget getting 2nd/3rd line mins.

So is Semin scoring more than Hudler? No. Producing more in fewer mins? No. Shooting better? No. Hitting more? No. More talented? Yes. Signed next season? No.

Honestly it's arguable he'd even be more than a lateral move if we're comparing each player's output this season.

And Semin's playoff play? Yikes... 0g 2a in 7gp two years ago, 4g 2a in 9gp last year.

So basically you want to trade Hudler for a guy making more than anyone else on the Wings but producing less offence than Hudler. AND you want to throw tons of other s*** in the deal too like one of our top prospects (Tatar). From Washington's prespective they get guy who can produce as much as Semin in less ice time PLUS $3,825,000 in cap relief (noting that Washington has$0 in cap space right this season).

Holland would have to be a meth addict to make that trade.

Just outta curiosity, who wins these trades in your opinions? I hope you dont think were losing these trades...

And yeah, scrap Kindl in the final lineup.

lol
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#24 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,203 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 05:49 PM

To TB- McCullum,Brunnstrom(or a prospect),and a pick

To Det- Purcell

purcell is a big body right hand shot can put up some points and has good speed maybe Holland can swing a deal with TB and Stevey saying it doesnt look like they are making the playoffs and need a possible shake up

I like this a bit better.. I don't want to get involved with Semin, next thing we know we are stuck with a big contract on an inconsistent guy that stops caring when he gets paid. I definitely don't want to pay out that much for Semin either, there's much better options out there.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#25 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,335 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 06:01 PM

I like this a bit better.. I don't want to get involved with Semin, next thing we know we are stuck with a big contract on an inconsistent guy that stops caring when he gets paid. I definitely don't want to pay out that much for Semin either, there's much better options out there.

Agreed, plus McCollum is deep into bust territory right now.

Edit: Spelling

Edited by Drake_Marcus, 10 February 2012 - 06:10 PM.

Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#26 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,666 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 07:00 PM

Hudler: 54gp 17g 34pts 15:05 min/game 22.4%shooting 11 blks 33 hits 5'10" 186lbs $2,875,000 cap hit
Semin: 50gp 14g 33pts 16:45 min/game 13.5%shooting 12 blks 24 hits 6'2" 209lbs $6,700,000 cap hit

It speaks volumes about just how much is wrong with Semin right now that he's neck and neck with a midget getting 2nd/3rd line mins.

So is Semin scoring more than Hudler? No. Producing more in fewer mins? No. Shooting better? No. Hitting more? No. More talented? Yes. Signed next season? No.

Honestly it's arguable he'd even be more than a lateral move if we're comparing each player's output this season.

And Semin's playoff play? Yikes... 0g 2a in 7gp two years ago, 4g 2a in 9gp last year.

So basically you want to trade Hudler for a guy making more than anyone else on the Wings but producing less offence than Hudler. AND you want to throw tons of other s*** in the deal too like one of our top prospects (Tatar). From Washington's prespective they get guy who can produce as much as Semin in less ice time PLUS $3,825,000 in cap relief (noting that Washington has$0 in cap space right this season).

lol

In all fairness, Zetterberg's numbers are crappy this year too. Same as Ovechkin. That doesn't mean those guys are worse than Filppula, who's putting up better stats per icetime.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#27 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,203 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 07:07 PM

In all fairness, Zetterberg's numbers are crappy this year too. Same as Ovechkin. That doesn't mean those guys are worse than Filppula, who's putting up better stats per icetime.

Eric Staal, Dany Heatley, Rich Nash, Jeff Carter, Brad Richards are all big name stars that are underachieving pretty severely this season. Guys get into ruts.. it's going to happen. Look at Kessel last season compared to this one, same with Spezza. I think when it comes down to Semin though, there's more of an underlying issue with him, he really isn't putting a whole ton of effort into it and it shows. I'm just not convinced he's a 6 mil plus per season guy.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#28 IllinoisRedWingsFan

IllinoisRedWingsFan

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:09 PM

BAD TRADE! Wouldn't be good.

#29 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,185 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:00 PM

lol

to sum this up, semin = kovalev. he can take his heartless lazy play the f*** back to russia after this season and the NHL will be better without him.

if the Wings make any moves I thing it should be to rent Selanne for the playoffs. since he will be UFA at seasons end, Anaheim could sign him back if he decides to give it another go, or they will allow Selanne to have 1 more shot at the cup with a serious contender and hang em up and they gain whatever they get from the Wings, be it Kindl or draft picks, they will have something to show for a trade.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

#30 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,600 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:17 PM

After watching last nights game I really think we need a 5/6 d man. Our issue (although a good one) is that the chemistry on our top 2 pairs is too good to split up and we have no where to hide either Ericcson or Kindl, those two playing together get exposed at times. There were 2 times last night when the Stars top line had them hemmed in their own end for an entire shift. Bring in another guy and make those guys earn their spot..right now they are fighting Commodore for the last spot and that's not much of a push. A top 6 forward if it was the right fit would be good but I don't think Kenny wants to mess with the chemistry of this squad too much.

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

LGW after 1 loss is irrational, after a few in a row it becomes quite comical, 22 playoff appearances in a row and 4 cups in that time and still going strong. Relaxxxxx !!

#31 Icesurfer

Icesurfer

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:14 PM

The rumor mills keep talking about Alex Hemsky. I am telling you now that would be the WORST possible acquisition. The guy can't stay healthy plus he is a "lightweight". We already have two lightweights on the second line. Wings need a shooter who is not afraid to take a big hit and to deliver a big hit..... period..... because I will tell you now... San Jose, Vancouver and St. Louis will deliver hits that will cause some injury.... guaranteed. And it is possible that Wings could face all three teams in the playoffs.
Defense and goaltending win championships!!!

#32 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:15 PM

With who is available... and the prices... Selanne or no one for me. I don't think there is a real way to improve our team without the cost being too much.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#33 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:25 PM

The rumor mills keep talking about Alex Hemsky. I am telling you now that would be the WORST possible acquisition. The guy can't stay healthy plus he is a "lightweight". We already have two lightweights on the second line. Wings need a shooter who is not afraid to take a big hit and to deliver a big hit..... period..... because I will tell you now... San Jose, Vancouver and St. Louis will deliver hits that will cause some injury.... guaranteed. And it is possible that Wings could face all three teams in the playoffs.

It's Ales (pronounced Alesh). Anyway, I agree that he'd be a bad acquisition. Not only is he having a horrible season, not only is he hugely injury-prone, not only is he unwilling to go to the hard areas, he's also soft and takes nights off. No thanks on giving up assets for that.

#34 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:32 PM

The more I think about it I think Kenny won't be making any trades and just waiting till the offseason to sign a big name or two. I'm content with our team but still feel the Sharks have our number. Maybe this year if we play them in the playoffs it will be different...

#35 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:43 PM

I will half way agree with you on the point about the San Jose bit at the end.

I don't believe we need someone tough or a hitter to combat these teams. We historically in the playoffs do extremely well over the toughest teams. What beats us consistently with the Sharks is simple. Not being able to get gritty goals. This has nothing to do with hitting, it has to do with not being able to shut down Pavalski and Clowe or scoring while they do.

One solution might be to study who historically gets the most points differential against Pavalski, and trade for that person. Remember, Zetterberg, Pavel, Val, and Franzen have been powerless to shut them down.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#36 Andy Pred 48

Andy Pred 48

Coming soon,"the slovak line" Marek and 2 Toms!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 12:51 AM

im hearing Bryan Allen to the Wings over here in the UK, anyone else heard that stateside?
would do a job for us if it is true. probably just a rental thou, or Stuy's replacement if he goes.
"What are you guys doing?" Reggie Dunlop
"Putting on the foil coach" Jeff Hanson
"Yeah, every game, you want some coach?" Steve Hanson
"Er, no. No thanks guys." Reggie Dunlop
"Make sure they don't leave the bench!" Reggie Dunlop.

#37 Hatchet Barry

Hatchet Barry

Long Live The Winged Wheel

• PipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 01:50 AM

I'm think Holland's gonna make a huge push for Teemu Selanne. That's if he wants out, and the Ducks have given up on making the playoffs. I would love to seee him in the Winged Wheel. He'd be stellar for us in the playoffs. One can dream.

Never undersestimate the predictability of stupidity

#38 EastonWings

EastonWings

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 09:48 AM

#39 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 09:54 AM

Does Murray now pull the trigger even though Anaheim is playing pretty great? As much as I intially thought Selanne was "not moveable" along with Koivo. I would love to have him here but obviously he would be a rental player most likely. So what would be the price be and of course does Selanne want to even come here? Same thing with Nash? They can pick up to 5-10 teams they would want to go?

All interesting questions....

#40 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 09:57 AM

Nevermind!

Edited by evilzyme, 16 February 2012 - 12:47 PM.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.