• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
grimace1970

Funny Homer article

Rate this topic

I remember those days of Scotty riding Homer. The things is though that with Homer it really worked. During the 97-98 season I vaguely remember him securing 12-15 straight games after a really good performance against Montreal with the Holmstrom-Yzerman-McCarty line. I could just be making that up but I do remember something like that along those shades of memory.

Scotty Bowman once asked Tomas Holmstrom why he chose to wear No. 96.

“That's the year I came here from Sweden,'' Holmstrom said.

“We'll, you should have picked 98,'' Bowman told him, “because that's the year you're going back.''

Great article. Homer has to play another season, 24/7 would just not be the same without him.

Congrats Homer on reaching 1000 games! I'd love to hear Scotty's opinion about the guy now :lol

Have to post my favorite Red Wings goal from this season, simply a beautiful play and finish by Homer:

Also, the 1st goal from this amazing game. Has to be one of his best deflections ever, right? :

Scotty Bowman once asked Tomas Holmstrom why he chose to wear No. 96.

“That's the year I came here from Sweden,'' Holmstrom said.

“We'll, you should have picked 98,'' Bowman told him, “because that's the year you're going back.''

LMBO.

I'm proud to say that my first NHL game was the game Homer scored his first NHL goal. I believe it was November 1996, 5-1 win over the Sharks. The goal was originally given to Doug Brown. I was 10. My second, and only other game that season, was Federov's 5 goal game against Washington. Good times!

Edited by achildr1