• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Wing Across The Pond

Joe Thornton... class act

Rate this topic

Saw this on the NHL website. I have no idea what the point of it was but to show that Joe Thornton had another one of his classless moments.

And then to make things worse, the commentary team makes the claim that Toews instigates. Please, somebody, let me know where this happens? Before, or after, Thornton's crosscheck to the back.

Thornton/Toews

In a lesser way, it reminds me of this also....

I mean, what the heck has this guy got against opposing captains? Captain envy?

Joe is one of those spoiled brat Canadian players who listened to Don Cherry growing up and his, "We're the best kids" and "It's our game", crap. Since he's Canadian he thinks he's entitled to everything.

I hope he never wins a cup, and I'm looking forward to beating the Sharks in the playoffs this year.

Joe Thornton is a joke. One more reason San Jose chokes every year. When Boston traded him, I thought they got majorly hosed in the deal. Now, if you follow the players Boston received and take into account the level of tool that Thornton is...Boston clearly won. And they just won the Cup, something SJ has supposed to have done within the last 10 years.

Joe Thornton is a joke. One more reason San Jose chokes every year. When Boston traded him, I thought they got majorly hosed in the deal. Now, if you follow the players Boston received and take into account the level of tool that Thornton is...Boston clearly won. And they just won the Cup, something SJ has supposed to have done within the last 10 years.

you're taking it too far. He is good player when he decides to play instead of behaving loke a tool. And yes, Boston got hosed in that deal.

Playoff time for the Sharks is a comedy act.

Literally EVERY time the Sharks are losing Thornton pulls something like this. Remember the Franzen slew foot?

The pressure of winning a Cup gets to this guy badly and he couldn't hide it if he wanted to....

AND LOL @ CLOWE!! Haha, get your Kronwalled @$$ outta here!

Edited by unsaddleddonald

Frustration is inevitable when you are getting your ass kicked. That exchange between Sj and Det was a 6-1 game, you got to expect some chipiness at some point.

This is how soft the game has become. There is a thread in a hockey forum about this little exchange. This was every game with nearly every team before pansies starting running the league!

Joe is one of those spoiled brat Canadian players who listened to Don Cherry growing up and his, "We're the best kids" and "It's our game", crap. Since he's Canadian he thinks he's entitled to everything.

I hope he never wins a cup, and I'm looking forward to beating the Sharks in the playoffs this year.

Yeah all of us Canadians think we are entitled to everything. Joe Thornton clearly acts this way because he's Canadian. Issues?

Or he just gets frustrated when he loses big games, which he does a lot cause hes a choke artist.

I dont know if the whole "its our game crap" is crap though, more likely its true. Youre sounding a lot like Ryan Kesler :rolleyes:

Or he just gets frustrated when he loses big games, which he does a lot cause hes a choke artist.

I dont know if the whole "its our game crap" is crap though, more likely its true. Youre sounding a lot like Ryan Kesler :rolleyes:

Canada doesn't own the game. Nobody does.

Thornton should just be used to remind all of us that we're lucky to have our past, present, and future captains... the guy's a big baby, and I would be ashamed if I was a player and he was my captain. If you're gonna lead the team, act like a ******* man and take an ass beating, we all know you're used to it Thornton.

edit: the Toews thing wasn't that bad, I'm just venting cause my hate for Thornton is still as strong as it became when he went after Lidstrom

Edited by wolverine1817

Funny how the commentators say "Watch the cross-check by Thornton and then Toews gives him a jab, Toews started that!"

So even though you saw the cross-check, and even pointed it out, Toews still started it? Why because he just got cross-checked in the back and got pissed? So he is just supposed to take the cross-check and skate away?

Why does it seem that Ken and Mickey are the only guys who aren't so Home Bias that it makes me puke?

Funny how the commentators say "Watch the cross-check by Thornton and then Toews gives him a jab, Toews started that!"

So even though you saw the cross-check, and even pointed it out, Toews still started it? Why because he just got cross-checked in the back and got pissed? So he is just supposed to take the cross-check and skate away?

Why does it seem that Ken and Mickey are the only guys who aren't so Home Bias that it makes me puke?

Mickey is considered as a big homer guy among other fans. I've never met fans of other teams who like him.