• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Wing Across The Pond

Joe Thornton... class act

Rate this topic

Joe Thornton is a Brilliant player but doesn't seem to deal well when the intensity ramps up. He's basically a prick who never crosses the line sufficiently to ever get severely penalised, but 20 years ago someone like Marty McSorely would have pretty much killed him. He's a big little man.

Pretty much agree with the majority here.

One of the better players in the league at present time, but takes pissing/moaning to absurd levels when things don't go his way. I get natural frustration if you are losing a game or getting beat big (i.e. game 4 between Wings-Sharks two playoff years ago) and wanting to play more physical or start a natural one-on-one fight to charge your team up, but again, goes way off the deep end with things at times.

Part of me would like to have him on the Wings because he is so talented, part of me says forget it because he has a whiney attitude whenenver things go south for him/his team.

Just to defend myself against whoever it was that basically said I was a wuss who didn't like physical hockey, that's not the case. I'm talking about why someone as talented as Joe Thornton feels the need to hit a man off the puck and cross check him a few times. Oh, and the fact that it just so happens to be the opposition's captain and star player. I just find it a bit of a cheap move. Not an overly aggressive one. Now I guess I'll have to go back to watching soccer hey?

Just to defend myself against whoever it was that basically said I was a wuss who didn't like physical hockey, that's not the case. I'm talking about why someone as talented as Joe Thornton feels the need to hit a man off the puck and cross check him a few times. Oh, and the fact that it just so happens to be the opposition's captain and star player. I just find it a bit of a cheap move. Not an overly aggressive one. Now I guess I'll have to go back to watching soccer hey?

Agreed. I think you expect weasely crap like that from guys like Ott, but not the franchise player and captain in Thornton.

Especially considering the kinds of players we've had as captains in Detroit for the last 25 years and how they've conducted themselves.

Thornton is a turd and a spot picker. Id like to see a guy like Milan Lucic go Eric Lindros on his fragile face again and collapse his jaw and orbital with a single blow ... resulting in wearing the birdcage for the rest of the year ... again. Thornton gets tough with guys he knows he can beat up, Kesler, Lidstrom ,Hank, Sedin, Toews ... meanwhile, hes a gutless perimeter player and nowehre to be found when theres a guy above 200lbs that can shed the mitts and throw'em. Outside of him fighting Getzlaf this guy just has just oozed big softy his entire career.

Pretty much agree with the majority here.

One of the better players in the league at present time, but takes pissing/moaning to absurd levels when things don't go his way. I get natural frustration if you are losing a game or getting beat big (i.e. game 4 between Wings-Sharks two playoff years ago) and wanting to play more physical or start a natural one-on-one fight to charge your team up, but again, goes way off the deep end with things at times.

Part of me would like to have him on the Wings because he is so talented, part of me says forget it because he has a whiney attitude whenenver things go south for him/his team.

I agree with the bolded, Jack. My feelings for Thornton are the same as the ones I have for the likes of Pronger. If they ever wear the Winged Wheel, I'll stop watching hockey all together.