• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 miller76

miller76

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,719 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 11:22 AM

You got to love the adds on lgw! I couldn't help but laugh, when I saw the banner. I don't think I have laughed at any banners, since the dreaded 'belly fat' one ran for what seemed forever a few years back.

So for the first time, I clicked on a banner on lgw. cougar life.com So I clicked around looking at some profiles. Haha, I don't mind the attention of an older woman come to think of it all. Never searched for one online though. There was a couple of decent looking women on there, nothing to pay a membership over, though.

First question: Have anyone of you clicked on cougar life.com ???

Second question: Do older women really believe a younger guy is a better catch?

Third question: Who has tried online dating? Stories, good/bad and so on.
lighten up people, it's the internet!

#2 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,940 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 12:32 PM

Older women are better lovers.

All of our hopes have been dashed and our expectations are minimal.

:tomato:

#3 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 02:34 PM

My co-worker and the owner of the company both met their spouses on match.com. The both had different experiences, she didn't really go out with many guys but screened well and he said many of the women's pictures weren't true. If you sign up for them you are limited as to communication with other unless you do pay. There are plenty of people on those site just looking for one thing and aren't shy about asking, kind of amusing.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#4 ChelisChick

ChelisChick

Cheli's Personal Masseur

• Gold Booster
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 02:35 PM

A younger guy can be a better catch for "specific" reasons. ;)

I've never done online dating, but my newly divorced sister has joined a site, Match.com. Guess who it matched her up with? Her ex-husband. I laughed.

But I DESPISE the term cougar. I think it's tacky.

#5 miller76

miller76

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,719 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 05:18 PM

I have always seemed to have better relationships and more in common with women older than me. I have never done the online dating thing, though. I know it's a pretty popular thing now days. I think online dating could be convenient for a busier person, and it takes the place of being in the right place at the right time.

#6 Hockey13Playa

Hockey13Playa

Here's my card.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,414 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:19 PM

When I read this thread topic I wasn't sure what to expect! Being some what of an insomniac last night I checked it out, it's like $50.00 a month, that's ridiculous. Anyways I never really did the "online dating" thing. However I agree with you miller76, I tend to be attracted to women older then myself. I also connect/get along with them better as well. So count my vote as a yes for being interested in"cougars" if you will. :P

Posted Image

#7 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,525 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 09:27 AM

I detest the term "cougar" when applied to a woman. For a large cat, it's fine. <_<

I personally cannot imagine dating a man who could be my son, chronologically. It's ridiculous and embarrassing, and I would hardly want to face his mother, who would likely be younger than me. How absurd. But I guess some women are that desperate, and I doubt young men care, if there's nookie involved.

As for online dating, I've never done it. Doubt I ever will... there are just too many weirdos out there, and I don't care to invite them into my life. I admit the alternatives are not all that great, though, at least not where I live. I am twice the age of the trendy-trendy peeps here, and certainly do not have as much money.

Actually, I wasn't "cool" enough to live in Austin 30 years ago -- I sure as hell am not now! :P

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#8 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:41 AM

I think the term cougar is most applicable when there is just one thing between the couple. If an older woman is in a meaningful relationship with a younger guy I don't see the problem but don't think that term applies there. Of course for me personally I wouldn't want too much younger because how much can you really have in common if you have 10+ years between your ages?

Edited by WizardOfOz30, 17 February 2012 - 10:42 AM.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#9 miller76

miller76

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,719 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:24 PM

I think the term cougar is most applicable when there is just one thing between the couple. If an older woman is in a meaningful relationship with a younger guy I don't see the problem but don't think that term applies there. Of course for me personally I wouldn't want too much younger because how much can you really have in common if you have 10+ years between your ages?

I think I have to agree with you Dawn. When I said in an earlier post, that i have more in common with an older woman. To clarify, I have had more in common and a more meaningful type of relationship with women, who have typically been older than me. I am just not into the women that are 20 years older than me. I like a woman to be at least my age, and no older than 7 years older than me. For some reason, the relationships, with younger women, just don't ever seem to pan out. i am not sure if it's a maturity thing or what.

And when I hear the word 'cougar', I think of one thing. I also can't help but laugh though.

#10 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,940 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 09:25 AM

There's a good formula for dating.

2x-7 and that's your range if you are the younger person. For example if you are 40, (2x40)-7= 73. You should not date anyone older than 73.

Conversely, if you are the older one, then the formula is 7+(1/2x) so if you're 40, 7+(1/2x40)= 27. You should not date anyone older than 27.

Try it with your age, it is a pretty good guideline. The older you get, the wider the range is. If you're 20, the range is 17-33. If you're 30, the range is 22-53.

#11 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 03:57 PM

I'm not so sure about that formula. I say anyone around 30 and younger would only want an older woman for money or fun. And I guess some people are happy living like that. The same could be said for a younger woman and older men, at least it seems that way. I think if the person is old enough to be your parent or child they are not right for you.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

#12 malts85

malts85

Jr. Prospect

• 24 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 11:52 PM

I used to have a crush on a guy that was 20 years older than me, it's still kinda there but not as strong. After talking with him a bit we don't really have much in common as he doesn't like hockey :( lol. Using that formula he fits right at the very end of my age range though ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users