• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
spongebob is a wings fan

what should our 2013 winter classic jersey look like

Rate this topic

this:

DetroitRedWings35-36jersey.png

This is exactly what I what thinking. Just got this sweater for Christmas and was thinking that the Wings would probably go this route because I can't really see them creating anything new and we've kind of exhausted our other options from the Wings past. I think they'll do this and if they change anything they should make it a lace up.

Keeping the '09 WC jersey would be ok with me, as would the barberpole jerseys from the NHL 75th anniversary season. If not those then the very old school jerseys circa the dynasty years of the early 1950's would be my choice.

this:

DetroitRedWings35-36jersey.png

Bingo! I'd like to see something like this, as worn from 1932-1934.

RedWings01.png

I love the idea of using the old school winged wheel, with the colors "reversed" from what they are now, what's red is white and vice-versa. That syle hasn't been used since '83-'84. As well, I like the idea of the white outlined numbers on the back, only for one game.

i would like to see the colors reversed for being at home that would look awesome in my opinion.

I liked your idea I spent 20 minutes making a quick adjustment to the jersey to see what it would look like. I think both teams wearing colours instead of white would be a good idea considering the stadiums size and if its a sunny day crazy reflections from the ice and white jerseys.

post-14912-0-48720400-1329005585_thumb.jpg

Edited by shoe

I liked your idea I spent 20 minutes making a quick adjustment to the jersey to see what it would look like. I think both teams wearing colours instead of white would be a good idea considering the stadiums size and if its a sunny day crazy reflections from the ice and white jerseys.

That's exactly what I would love to see

That's exactly what I would love to see

I really like the look of that one too. With the WC logo and the Winged Wheels on the shoulders, it would be great. I wonder how the names and numbers on the back would look?

I do like that reversed WC jersey. I'd be cool with that, the first Winter Classic Jersey, the striped jersey, or the old fashioned Winged wheel. I kind of think it should reflect the glory days of the Toronto-Detroit rivalry (thus the smaller Winged wheel jersey), but that reversed WC jersey looks too awesome to pass up.

I do like that reversed WC jersey. I'd be cool with that, the first Winter Classic Jersey, the striped jersey, or the old fashioned Winged wheel. I kind of think it should reflect the glory days of the Toronto-Detroit rivalry (thus the smaller Winged wheel jersey), but that reversed WC jersey looks too awesome to pass up.

Would definitely love the reverse of the WC jersey. Just hope I'll get a chance to add a Lidstrom one of those to the Pavs & Homer WC jerseys I already have. I mean Nick HAS to come back for another year to play in the game right?

post-14912-0-48720400-1329005585_thumb.j

This is pretty much exactly what I was thinking when I saw this thread, i'd love to see these hit the ice against the leafs. Your efforts are appreciated, it looks good imo.

I like the '54-55 jerseys for both teams.

Wings in red, with the winged wheel. Leafs in blue with the old-style, more detailed leaf. No numbers on the sleeves or a ton of stripes. Too lazy to search for or make any decent pictures.

cameron_wings.jpg

The Cameron Frye style will be fine with me

I own this jersey :) took me a while to find it though. Apparently Gordie sent him a jersey to wear (hence the name and number 9), yet the vast encyclopedia that is the World Wide Web doesn't seem to register it's existence outside the film. Apparently they never wore one with a white collar :( Which means mine is most likely a personal production. I did get it on ebay after all.

I think it should be red (obviously) but think Toronto should wear blue as well, as someone mentioned. However don't know if I'd like a new jersey or not. I mean we don't really have a diverse history of jerseys to remodel :P but maybe a new one would be good.

Worth reverting to the old logo though and inverting the colours? Or just pedantic?

300px-Detroit_Red_Wings_logo.svg.png220px-Detroit_Red_Wings_Original_Logo.svg.png

I'd love to see navy blue jerseys with a maize winged wheel since the game is at the Big House. Let the Laffs find some white jerseys to wear.

Maybe its just me, but im opposed to anything not red and white/cream. I don't think blue against the leafs is gonna happen.