• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest blueadams

If we got Selanne..

Rate this topic

If Selanne decides to come to Detroit it shouldn't cost much at all, at least not compared to other teams' star players. The Ducks will only trade him if he wants to and if/when he decides that team will be the only one in the running, and also under the impression that he won't be coming back.

His recent comments where he jokingly said that he and Flip have good chemistry makes me somewhat optimistic about it.

I love how everyone assumes Hudler and Kindl are the asking price for any team's star offensive player. Selanne won't be a Red Wing, and please, no more lines threads...

What? You mean that another GM won't take crap players for top line talent? Maybe they think that we will get the Ducks GM drunk prior to this signing. :D

Believe me, I'm all for trading for Selanne. I just don't think the Wings can outbid other teams for him. I hope I'm wrong, though.

It might not be about outbidding another team. Selanne gets to say where he wants to go(if he is going anywhere) and he has already expressed that he a Fippula have good chemstry together (although dodging the trade question) so you would think if Selanne were to give the Ducks a short list of teams that Detroit would be on there, if not the only one of the "Top Contenders" he may list.

I'd like to see Selanne and Morrow, but that may be too expensive I believe. Selanne and Moen? Could be interesting...

I would never give up Hudler who is having a great year for a 41 year old guy on his last year most likely, if KH did this then he should be fired. All the Hudler haters need to face the fact that unless Happy goes crazy and demands 4-5 million a year then hes going to resign here unless hes packaged in a MAJOR trade at the deadline

Ahhhh, but what would you give up for Selanne AND Perry?

No if we got Selanne then it provides us with the ability to finally play Pavs and Hank together every single game. I think the lines would and should be:

Zetterberg- Datsyuk- Bertuzzi (Hank is energized now and Pavel has been good most the season, and Bert has worked real well with Pavs)

Selanne- Filpulla- Franzen (Fil and Selanne would be great together and Franzen would add to the line... this would be the best 2nd line in the NHL)

Cleary- Helm- Hudler

Mursak- Abdelkator- Miller

Lidstrom- White

Kronners- Stu

Ericsson- Commie

- I don't think it would cost as much as ppl think for Selanne because everyone knows he is going to retire after this season and if he goes to the Ducks to ask to be traded to the Wings, I dont think it will cost us too much.

- I think getting Selanne will win us the Cup.

Seriously??? Babs isn't not playing Dats and Z together because he can't. It's because they just don't work together anymore as seen the countless times he's tried it in the past 2 seasons. I wish people here would get the damn "hank and dats together are unstoppable" mentality out of their heads once and for all.